President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

The President "took charge" :afro:
The President assumed authority he didn't have.

Look, I know you really want Obama to be declared King.

But this is America. We don't do that shit. If that's what you're after, you're in the wrong place, kid.

The CFPB is "law". The Repubs don't like the "law". Tough beans :lol:
Dodd
The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111-203, H.R. 4173) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010
CFPB Rolls Out Nonbank Program

But this is America. We don't do that shit. If that's what you're after, you're in the wrong place, kid.

The CFPB is "law". The Repubs don't like the "law". Tough beans :lol:
Dodd
The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111-203, H.R. 4173) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010
CFPB Rolls Out Nonbank Program
Where does that law give Obama the authority to declare the Senate in recess?

Hint: Nowhere.

Congress turned down the President's nominees.

They did their job.
Since the dipshit in chief now wants to subvert the Constitution on this matter, it IS the job of the Senate (minority) and the House (majority) to obstruct the President at every turn.

Fuck him. He's an elected President in a Constitutional REPUBLIC. He's not a fucking dictator.

If, by doing their job, you're referring to the fact that Republican Senators a dragging their feet and refusing to bring any of Obama's nominees to a vote, then doing their job is exactly what they are NOT doing.

If Republicans are going to keep pulling this stupid shit, they'd better get used to getting it thrown back in their faces.

They did their job.
Since the dipshit in chief now wants to subvert the Constitution on this matter, it IS the job of the Senate (minority) and the House (majority) to obstruct the President at every turn.

Fuck him. He's an elected President in a Constitutional REPUBLIC. He's not a fucking dictator.

If, by doing their job, you're referring to the fact that Republican Senators a dragging their feet and refusing to bring any of Obama's nominees to a vote, then doing their job is exactly what they are NOT doing.

If Republicans are going to keep pulling this stupid shit, they'd better get used to getting it thrown back in their faces.
Then you agree that Senate Democrats are not doing their job?

Frustrated House still waiting for Senate action on 420 bills - TheHill.com

....At least, NOW (anyhow), right?????

madkingeorge.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxoRaSM29-Q&feature=player_embedded]Bush Dictator Signing Statements - YouTube[/ame]​

Then daveman agrees that Obama is right in what he is doing. I would support Bush in this situation, or Clinton, or Bush the Elder.

Congress's duty is to advise and consent, not obstruct.

I don't support the President violating the Constitution.

You shouldn't, either. But you support anything Obama does.

You have generalized when your own statements about me show you are wrong.

Your opinion is your opinion, you are entitled to it, and you are wrong. End of story.

Their is a reason the Republican House, and by extention, the Senate Republicans, are no more popular than al-quada.

We Republicans need to clean up our act. Come November, we elect Romney, we throuw out obstructionists in both parties, and the country moves cleanly forward for a change.

Then daveman agrees that Obama is right in what he is doing. I would support Bush in this situation, or Clinton, or Bush the Elder.

Congress's duty is to advise and consent, not obstruct.

Your opinion is your opinion, you are entitled to it, and you are wrong. End of story.
Ahhh, I love a good game of "the liberal didn't say what he said". So much fun. :lol:

Ahhh, I love a good game of "the liberal didn't say what he said". So much fun. :lol:

Yep, you were caught in your own web.:lol:

They did their job.

You're quoting a source from over a year ago? Okay, whatever.

I agree that Senate Democrats failed in not reforming the rules of the filibuster. The Senate Republicans have succeeded in stonewalling pretty much everything that comes down the pike. They deserve everything they get in terms of recess appointments. I hope a lot more are on the way.

Maybe you can fill us in in the history of Pro Forma Sessions. Please give Harry Reid a big fat wet kiss for me too. ;)

As I said earlier, both of these cases are part of a conflict between the Senate and the President over appointments (and the Senate's overuse of the filibuster more generally). Comparing these sessions to Reid keeping the Senate in pro forma sessions in 2007/2008 doesn't really work though, since a) it was an action taken by the Senate, as opposed to the House refusing to let the Senate adjourn and b) Bush's nominees would have failed on a floor vote anyway, since his party was in the minority.

The Constitution grants the Senate Authority to set it's own rules. It is for the Senate to decide and honor. The Senate was not in Recess. Deal with it.

I don't disagree with your statement, so there is nothing for me to "deal with".

They did their job.

Congress didn't "turn down" the President's nominees, as they've never voted on them in the first place. Using your argument though, I have no idea why you objected to the Democrats filibustering judicial nominees during the Bush administration.

They did their job.

Perhaps you should read the article, which credited the gap to Republican filibusters.

As someone else noted, this is a funny argument to make, noting you had no problem with Bush ignoring whole sections of duly passed acts of Congress.

You're quoting a source from over a year ago? Okay, whatever.
Oh, so would you like to point out where the Senate has acted on any of those House bills?
I agree that Senate Democrats failed in not reforming the rules of the filibuster. The Senate Republicans have succeeded in stonewalling pretty much everything that comes down the pike. They deserve everything they get in terms of recess appointments. I hope a lot more are on the way.
If the Senate is actually in recess, there's no problem.

But they're not.

They did their job.

Congress turned down the President's nominees? When did that happen? I don't recall any specific votes to deny their confirmations.

Forum List

Back