President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

If, by doing their job, you're referring to the fact that Republican Senators a dragging their feet and refusing to bring any of Obama's nominees to a vote, then doing their job is exactly what they are NOT doing.

If Republicans are going to keep pulling this stupid shit, they'd better get used to getting it thrown back in their faces.
Then you agree that Senate Democrats are not doing their job?

Frustrated House still waiting for Senate action on 420 bills - TheHill.com

Perhaps you should read the article, which credited the gap to Republican filibusters.
Why would Republicans filibuster Republican bills?

It's Reid's fault. He's being an obstructionist.

25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate | Speaker of the House John Boehner | speaker.gov

http://www.the-leader.com/features/...McCarthy-Jobs-bills-waiting-for-Senate-action

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Blog || We Can't Wait: GOP Calls On President Obama, Senator Reid To Act On Forgotten 15

Read the article you posted. It's from October 2010, when the Democrats still had the majority in the House.

"The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the current number of jobs bills awaiting a vote in the Democratic-controlled Senate to 25. Each of these bills is focused on removing government barriers – excessive regulations, the threat of tax hikes, and ‘stimulus’ spending policies – that are hurting job growth"

These are not job bills. This is BS. Speaker of the House John Boehner is lying. These are bills promoting deregulation none of which provide any jobs anywhere. The RINO's stlll pushing the same ole shit that have yet to provide jobs or stimulate new industry of any substance.

Last edited:
You keep playing the game where you said I said something I did not. :lol:
That's right, a direct quote is not something you said. Got it.

What you are saying that I meant by what I said is not the same thing at all. It's the little narrative you add. :lol:

You are fun to toy with.
Yes, it's amusing watching you dance around what you said.

You know, in all the times I've brought this up to you, this is the FIRST time you've tried the "failure of leadership" angle.

If that's what you meant at the time, why haven't you mentioned it before?

Dance, Jakey! Dance! :lol:

"The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the current number of jobs bills awaiting a vote in the Democratic-controlled Senate to 25. Each of these bills is focused on removing government barriers – excessive regulations, the threat of tax hikes, and ‘stimulus’ spending policies – that are hurting job growth"

These are not job bills. This is BS. Speaker of the House John Boehner is lying. These are bills promoting deregulation none of which provide any jobs anywhere. The RINO's stlll pushing the same ole shit that have yet to provide jobs or stimulate new industry of any substance.
Thanks for your worthless input.

That's right, a direct quote is not something you said. Got it.

What you are saying that I meant by what I said is not the same thing at all. It's the little narrative you add. :lol:

You are fun to toy with.
Yes, it's amusing watching you dance around what you said. You know, in all the times I've brought this up to you, this is the FIRST time you've tried the "failure of leadership" angle. If that's what you meant at the time, why haven't you mentioned it before? Dance, Jakey! Dance! :lol:

daveman describes himself as the puppet on the end of far righty talking points.

I point out his error every time he does it. :lol:

Thanks for your worthless input.

I don't think this is worthless input. I think merrill is right on the money.

Everything the Republicans have pushed from the House onto the Senate has been nothing more than deregulation bills, shrouded under the guise of "creating a better environment" for small business growth. What a crock. It's nothing more than a guise to put more money in the pockets of the richest 1%.

Congress turned down the President's nominees.

They did their job.

Since the dipshit in chief now wants to subvert the Constitution on this matter, it IS the job of the Senate (minority) and the House (majority) to obstruct the President at every turn.

Fuck him. He's an elected President in a Constitutional REPUBLIC. He's not a fucking dictator.

Congress didn't "turn down" the President's nominees, as they've never voted on them in the first place. Using your argument though, I have no idea why you objected to the Democrats filibustering judicial nominees during the Bush administration.

Wrong. As always.

The Senate DID do its job. They DID turn down the President's nominations.

The evidence is found in the fact that having refused to confirm Courdaroy for example, the President found it expedient to falsely claim that the Senate was in "recess" in order to "confirm" him by recess appointment.

And that has nothing at all to do with the logical and reasonable objection to using a filibuster on a judicial nomination.

Polky, you don't even babble articulately.

There ARE matters that require a super majority. Under the Constitution, judicial nomination/confirmations are not amongst that set of things. Thus, to filibuster a judicial nomination, the minority hacks use a procedural tool to make judicial nominations by the party that won the election almost impossible. It is singularly inappropriate.

Filibusters may have their place (although not as broadly applied as it has been of late by both Parties), but to use it in THAT fashion is an affront to our democratic republican form of government.

Then you agree that Senate Democrats are not doing their job?

Frustrated House still waiting for Senate action on 420 bills - TheHill.com

You're quoting a source from over a year ago? Okay, whatever.
Oh, so would you like to point out where the Senate has acted on any of those House bills?
I agree that Senate Democrats failed in not reforming the rules of the filibuster. The Senate Republicans have succeeded in stonewalling pretty much everything that comes down the pike. They deserve everything they get in terms of recess appointments. I hope a lot more are on the way.
If the Senate is actually in recess, there's no problem.

But they're not.

LOL Awww.... conservatives are whining now about a little dirty pool? Nitpicking over the definition of a Senate recess?

Game on.

Congress turned down the President's nominees.

They did their job.

Since the dipshit in chief now wants to subvert the Constitution on this matter, it IS the job of the Senate (minority) and the House (majority) to obstruct the President at every turn.

Fuck him. He's an elected President in a Constitutional REPUBLIC. He's not a fucking dictator.

Congress didn't "turn down" the President's nominees, as they've never voted on them in the first place. Using your argument though, I have no idea why you objected to the Democrats filibustering judicial nominees during the Bush administration.

Wrong. As always.

The evidence is found in the fact that having refused to confirm Courdaroy for example, the President found it expedient to falsely claim that the Senate was in "recess" in order to "confirm" him by recess appointment.

And that has nothing at all to do with the logical and reasonable objection to using a filibuster on a judicial nomination.

There ARE matters that require a super majority. Under the Constitution, judicial nomination/confirmations are not amongst that set of things. Thus, to filibuster a judicial nomination, the minority hacks use a procedural tool to make judicial nominations by the party that won the election almost impossible. It is singularly inappropriate.

Filibusters may have their place (although not as broadly applied as it has been of late by both Parties), but to use it in THAT fashion is an affront to our democratic republican form of government.

You could have saved a lot of typing by just saying "it's only bad when the other side does it", because that's all you ended up saying. There is no difference between blocking the nomination of an agency head and blocking the nomination of a federal judge. Both are presidential appointments. In fact, they're both governed by the same clause.

Wrong. As always.

You could have saved a lot of typing by just saying "it's only bad when the other side does it", because that's all you ended up saying. There is no difference between blocking the nomination of an agency head and blocking the nomination of a federal judge. Both are presidential appointments. In fact, they're both governed by the same clause.

On the contrary, I believe in the Right to Filibuster.

Wrong. As always.

On the contrary, I believe in the Right to Filibuster.

That's fine. I don't like the filibuster in general, but I at least have respect for a consistent argument.

Wrong. As always.

But, of course, that's not my position and not even remotely akin to what I said, dopey.

You could save ALL your typing if you'd commit to posting only intelligent thoughts.

the notion of a filibuster does have SOME potential utility.

But regardless of which side uses it on judicial nominations, it is a bad idea (barring something really out of the ordinary -- which hardly ever happens).

You're quoting a source from over a year ago? Okay, whatever.
Oh, so would you like to point out where the Senate has acted on any of those House bills?
I agree that Senate Democrats failed in not reforming the rules of the filibuster. The Senate Republicans have succeeded in stonewalling pretty much everything that comes down the pike. They deserve everything they get in terms of recess appointments. I hope a lot more are on the way.

But they're not.

LOL Awww.... conservatives are whining now about a little dirty pool? Nitpicking over the definition of a Senate recess?

Game on.

It takes a determined hypocrite liberoidal idiot to pretend that taking NOTE of the FACT that the Senate is NOT in recess supposedly amounts to nitpicking.

Game over.

It's exactly what you said. You said filibustering an agency head is legitimate, but that filibustering a judicial nominee is not. Why? What makes judicial nominations a special case?

But they're not.

Game on.

It takes a determined hypocrite liberoidal idiot to pretend that taking NOTE of the FACT that the Senate is NOT in recess supposedly amounts to nitpicking.

Game over.

Evidently the Senate WAS in recess otherwise the POTUS wouldn't have made the recess appointment.

Game is far from over.

Forum List

Back