President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

Except the Senate isnt on recess. So how exactly do you think a recess appointment is to work?

I don't think the courts will agree with the White House's legal reasoning, but logically speaking I think it's valid to say that if the Senate is "in session" but barred from addressing actual business that it's not really in session.

Obama is not the United States.

We pledge allegiance to the flag, not the President.

Military members swear to uphold and defend the Constitution, not the President.

And the left said dissent was patriotic -- right up until January of 2009.

Obama doesn't have to make many recess appointments because he gets around controversial nominees by appointing figureheads and then hiring a czar to do all the real decision making.

Except the Senate isnt on recess. So how exactly do you think a recess appointment is to work?

I don't think the courts will agree with the White House's legal reasoning, but logically speaking I think it's valid to say that if the Senate is "in session" but barred from addressing actual business that it's not really in session.

Too bad for Obama that a federal judge already rules against your imbecile theory.

Military members swear to uphold and defend the Constitution, not the President.

Obama doesn't have to make many recess appointments because he gets around controversial nominees by appointing figureheads and then hiring a czar to do all the real decision making.

No matter what he does, his bootlickers defend and support it.

Nice going Mr. President. :cool: Cordray is > qualified by being a former Attorney General. You also DO have the political capital:
pnj.com | National News | Pensacola News Journal
The president also was expected to announce other recess appointments on Wednesday.

Until now, he has made 28. Bush made more than 170 during his presidency. Bill Clinton made almost 140.

Obama's decision to make a recess appointment is certain to cause an uproar from Capitol Hill to Wall Street. He is essentially declaring the Senate's short off-and-on legislative sessions a sham intended to block his appointments.
The above would be true. Also, makes Wall Street banksters & Senate Repubs mad? :( Must be the right thing to do :2up:
Let's just set the record straight jackwagon. Dirty Harry Ried did the EXACT SAME THING TO BUSH. He held the same proforma sessions so Bush couldn't do recess appointments. But it's the republicans that are bad guys?

HYPOCRITES!!!

Then there is the FACT that this IDIOT Codray WAS brought up for appointment and DIDN'T GET ENOUGH VOTES TO MAKE IT OUT OF CONFERENCE!!!

HEY STUPIDS...THAT'S HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS!

Had Obama spent more than 20 seconds of his Senate career actually IN the senate instead of campaigning for president, he might have understood that. Oh, wait...HE DOES. See...HE PARTICIPATED IN DOING IT TO BUSH!

You want to know the difference? Bush...the evil republican...DID NOT VIOLATE THE CONSTITUTION!!!

The "constitutional lawyer" Obama, on the other hand DID violate his oath of office to, "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Now you progressive MORONS can hooray all ya want, but this is just the latest in a long string of attacks on our Constitution and Republican form of government by the Chief Executive of this country.

This has NOTHING to do with protecting Americans and EVERYTHING to do with creating yet another self funding department to FORCE YOU to accept what the intelligentsia decides is best for you. Just because YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF KNOWING!!!

This is a BRAND NEW...SELF FUNDING (in violation of the Constitution) bureau, created by Frank/Dodd for the sole purpose of regulating EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION YOU MAKE!

It is has NOTHING to do with protecting consumers and is in fact COMPLETELY independent of the Consumer Product Safety Commission or any other consumer protection agency.

Not only does Obama's NON recess appointment of Codray to this bureau violate the Constitution, but it actually VIOLATES the very legislation that creates it!

The Frank/Dodd bill states specifically that the new head of the bureau MUST BE APPOINTED BY A FULL VOTE OF CONGRESS!!!

So, you guys keep cheerleading this fascist crap, but don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining. I ain't gonna take it and neither is America!

You retards need to quit acting like opposing the President is treason.

Remember when dissent used to be patriotic? Funny how that stopped in January of 2009.

eh... maybe if rightwingnut, obama-deranged nutters weren't so full of fauxrage when the

president does things that have been done by every president. *shrug*

recess.jpg

RPC avg still has him beating the GOP field

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

so it looks like most people don't find the obama deranged credible. this will only help with voters who felt he wasn't putting up a fight with the nutbars.

there is nothing patriotic about obama derangement syndrome.

No, Obama is President of the United States which makes him Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Dissent still is patriotic. Are a lot of people on, oh say, MSNBC calling dissenters "treasonous" like they were on Fox during the Bush years?

My old stomping grounds was a military message board. I can't tell you how many times I was called a traitor by my fellow veterans for not supporting Bush's invasion of Iraq.

Too bad for Obama that a federal judge already rules against your imbecile theory.

Source? Everything I've read, even from critics have said that while the theory is unlikely to hold up in court, it has not been previously ruled on.

Obama has made fewer recess appointments than recent presidents...despite being more obstructed in his nominees than any other President.

That doesn't actually say much though, as the Republicans have kept the Senate in these repeated pro forma sessions.

eh... maybe if rightwingnut, obama-deranged nutters weren't so full of fauxrage when the

president does things that have been done by every president. *shrug*

recess.jpg

RPC avg still has him beating the GOP field

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

so it looks like most people don't find the obama deranged credible. this will only help with voters who felt he wasn't putting up a fight with the nutbars.

there is nothing patriotic about obama derangement syndrome.

No, Obama is President of the United States which makes him Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Dissent still is patriotic. Are a lot of people on, oh say, MSNBC calling dissenters "treasonous" like they were on Fox during the Bush years?

My old stomping grounds was a military message board. I can't tell you how many times I was called a traitor by my fellow veterans for not supporting Bush's invasion of Iraq.
Do you similarly condemn the left's charging treason to anyone disagreeing with Obama's policies?

Lib Talker: 'Maybe Limbaugh Should Be Executed For Treason' | NewsBusters.org

MSNBC host redefines treason as GOP opposition to government spending - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Tea party treason - phillyBurbs.com : Reader Voices: letter to the editor,

Treasonous Republicans Kill Jobs And Betray The American People

Or is that different? Somehow?

Obama has made fewer recess appointments than recent presidents...despite being more obstructed in his nominees than any other President.

Maybe it is his choices?

Still, he is the only President to make Recess Appointments while the Senate is not in Recess. As much as you want to avoid the issue, it is not going to go away. It is not for the President to set Senate Policy. It is not for the President to avoid advise and consent either.

The House GOP is using unsustainable arguments to not only not confirm a president's appoint but to prevent the two agencies from functioning.

GOP conservatives will fail on this one, hands down.

Rightfully and constitutionally so.

That doesn't actually say much though, as the Republicans have kept the Senate in these repeated pro forma sessions.

Maybe you can fill us in in the history of Pro Forma Sessions. Please give Harry Reid a big fat wet kiss for me too. ;)

The House GOP is using unsustainable arguments to not only not confirm a president's appoint but to prevent the two agencies from functioning.

Can you show me in the Constitution where the President was granted the power to decide when the Senate is in session?

Kthnxbai.

Aren't you shooting at the wrong basket Jake? Or is it that Progressive Statists are non Partisan when it comes to creating giant Government Bureaucracies? Power is Power in the end, right?

Gingrich: Defund NLRB in Response to Obama Appointments
Newsmax ^ | 01/05/2012 | Martin Gould

Gingrich: Defund NLRB in Response to Obama Appointments

Newt Gingrich on Thursday called for Congress to defund the National Labor Relations Board in retaliation for President Barack Obama¹s decision to make three recess appointments to it.

Speaking at a rally in Plymouth, N.H., the Republican presidential candidate said cutting money from the agency would be the "correct response" to Obama's move.

"The answer to an imperial president is a Congress which stands on its own rights. And the correct response to what the president just did would be for the Congress to zero out and refuse to fund the National Labor Relations Board," Gingrich said.

"The National Labor Relations Board now has a majority of members who were never confirmed by the U.S. Senate. This is a clear violation of the spirit of the law, and Congress has an obligation to defend our rights, and the correct way is the power of the purse."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

Can you show me in the Constitution where the President was granted the power to decide when the Senate is in session?

Kthnxbai.

Actually they don't have enough Judges in their pockets to declare that yet. Obama will need a second term to ensure that, Comrade Dave #158339022711663. :eek:

Do you similarly condemn the left's charging treason to anyone disagreeing with Obama's policies?

Lib Talker: 'Maybe Limbaugh Should Be Executed For Treason' | NewsBusters.org

MSNBC host redefines treason as GOP opposition to government spending - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Tea party treason - phillyBurbs.com : Reader Voices: letter to the editor,

Treasonous Republicans Kill Jobs And Betray The American People

Or is that different? Somehow?

I would say it's stupid across the board, but if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Maybe it is his choices?

Still, he is the only President to make Recess Appointments while the Senate is not in Recess. As much as you want to avoid the issue, it is not going to go away. It is not for the President to set Senate Policy. It is not for the President to avoid advise and consent either.

I would say it is more of an abuse of power by repugs than Obama.

Forum List

Back