President Trump Nominates Special Ops Veteran to Head Counterterrorism Group

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
800px-Joseph_Maguire.JPG

Retired Vice Admiral Joseph Maguire spent 36 years as a member of various SEAL teams. Who better knows counterterrorism than someone who’s been on the front lines for more than three decades. My only problem is that his service record shows no awards for heroism in combat – maybe because the operations were so deeply classified that they can’t be revealed.

President Trump announced Friday that he's picked Joseph Maguire to lead the National Counterterrorism Center.

From Retired Navy special ops officer nominated as top counterterrorism official

800px-Joseph_Maguire.JPG

Retired Vice Admiral Joseph Maguire spent 36 years as a member of various SEAL teams. Who better knows counterterrorism than someone who’s been on the front lines for more than three decades. My only problem is that his service record shows no awards for heroism in combat – maybe because the operations were so deeply classified that they can’t be revealed.

President Trump announced Friday that he's picked Joseph Maguire to lead the National Counterterrorism Center.

From Retired Navy special ops officer nominated as top counterterrorism official
Good pick. I think his command record and his ability to coordinate all the moving pieces...are more important than decorations.

800px-Joseph_Maguire.JPG

Good pick for sure, but silly objection. If you look at the timeframe he was in and when he would have been an actual SEAL team member, it was between two Iraq wars and there was not much chance for combat. After that he was high enough there was not going to be much combat for him either.

I got no problem with him. Surpringly good pick for this inept *administration*.

Forum List

Back