Presidential historians name worst presidents

They are HISTORIANS. People who make their living studying HISTORY. Not people who are politically slanted. No one cares about what % of the vote any of them got. It is irrelevant. Their place in history is based on their CONDUCT and ACTIONS they took when they were President. And whether those actions were beneficial to and helped move the United States along....or took it backwards...and even maybe actions that may have led to its destruction.

Your feelings. My feelings..are irrelevant here.
Gospel of the Borg collective.

The troll obviously won't.
I've explained how I don't possess the knowledge to form my own considered opinion. I must rely on the experts. Me arguing either way on that subject, based on my own knowledge would make no more sense than me demanding your reasons for using 3/4 right reverse lay cable with IPS core over 5/8 anti-spin cable with a hemp core. Sometimes you just gotta go with those who have a background and knowledge beyond your own.

Why did you edit out the part where I specifically added on that subject? Selective editing is the sign of either a coward, or a joke. Which are you?
Don't talk about "a joke," you fraud. Take your bullshit to the FZ.

Whenever you are ready to grow a pair and take your own position, fraud troll.
I thought I was quite clear. My position is I will accept the judgement of the experts in the field. That's nothing more or less than what our courts do when it comes to expert witness testimony. Do you distrust our courts too?

Fucking cowardly fraud. How's your troll thread working out?
I understand you are an ESL teacher. In case I haven't commended you for your work yet, let me make a point to say I respect your efforts. Having gotten that out of the way let me pose a related hypothetical question to you.
You have a new student who speaks a language that you only know a few words in. You also have a friend who is fluent in that language, and you casually mention the student, and tell how you said what you thought was a common phrase in that particular language. You were confused because the student was shocked/offended by what you said. Your friend (fluent in the language) explains that you used the wrong inflection and had inadvertently insulted the student.
Do you
1. thank your friend and work on properly pronouncing the words
or
2. Explain why you think you pronounced the words properly and how your friend is wrong?

Only a fool overestimates his skills and refuses to accept demonstrated superior knowledge.

You have a new student who speaks a language that you only know a few words in. You also have a friend who is fluent in that language, and you casually mention the student, and tell how you said what you thought was a common phrase in that particular language. You were confused because the student was shocked/offended by what you said...

I wouldn't say something if I weren't sure of what it meant. In any case, the idea is to teach in English as much as possible. Sometimes I say something deliberately incorrect as a teaching opportunity. People like to correct others. Sometimes usually reticent students will find themselves going on and on in English from the starting point of correcting something I've said ridiculously wrong in their L1.

I wouldn't say something if I weren't sure of what it meant. In any case, the idea is to teach in English as much as possible. Sometimes I say something deliberately incorrect as a teaching opportunity. People like to correct others. Sometimes usually reticent students will find themselves going on and on in English from the starting point of correcting something I've said ridiculously wrong in their L1.
So, your point is to discuss the remark instead of specifically defending the remark? You know, kinda like this thread is to discuss the majority of lists that have trump at or near the bottom.
That sounds like a wise choice for you to make.

So, your point is to discuss the remark instead of specifically defending the remark? You know, kinda like this thread is to discuss the majority of lists that have trump at or near the bottom.
It is well known that academics at most colleges tend to be very left-leaning. This makes their "lists" biased and irrelevant. That's why I asked for YOUR opinion along with whatever support you can provide. That's what makes a discussion.

It is well known that academics at most colleges tend to be very left-leaning. This makes their "lists" biased and irrelevant. That's why I asked for YOUR opinion along with whatever support you can provide. That's what makes a discussion.
Sorry. I thought I determined the discussion when I started the thread. I was unaware that you could overrule my choice. Are you part owner of this site? Can you change the way things work as desired?

Sorry. I thought I determined the discussion when I started the thread. I was unaware that you could overrule my choice. Are you part owner of this site? Can you change the way things work as desired?
In case you are not sure, this is where you call me a few names and stomp off.

Be honest. You just started this troll thread to flame-bait. No need for a thread to just say "Me no likey Trump!" for the 1000th time. I was kindly trying to help you make a real discussion.

Forum List

Back