Presidential historians name worst presidents

Again, I reiterate.

This (corporate establishment media piece,) has nothing to do with history, and these eggheads quoted in it, are exercising there opinions toward something political, not using their discipline toward an unbiased analysis.

If you are serious about proving me wrong?

What percent of the vote did Buchanan receive when he ran for re-election?

And Johnson?

And Harrison?

And Hoover?

They don't give a damn what the people of the nation think and feel, nor how the president affected the people. . . . :rolleyes:

iu
They are HISTORIANS. People who make their living studying HISTORY. Not people who are politically slanted. No one cares about what % of the vote any of them got. It is irrelevant. Their place in history is based on their CONDUCT and ACTIONS they took when they were President. And whether those actions were beneficial to and helped move the United States along....or took it backwards...and even maybe actions that may have led to its destruction.

Your feelings. My feelings..are irrelevant here.

They are HISTORIANS. People who make their living studying HISTORY. Not people who are politically slanted. No one cares about what % of the vote any of them got. It is irrelevant. Their place in history is based on their CONDUCT and ACTIONS they took when they were President. And whether those actions were beneficial to and helped move the United States along....or took it backwards...and even maybe actions that may have led to its destruction.

Your feelings. My feelings..are irrelevant here.
I knew you would have a nonsense, non-fact based answer.

I don't know why I even waste time with you.

:rolleyes:

I knew you would have a nonsense, non-fact based answer.

I don't know why I even waste time with you.

:rolleyes:
So you don't care? As long as you can justify your savior not being at the bottom of the list because it offends you, politically.

Buchanan and Pierce were incompetent and bumbled the years that lead up to the Civil War... Johnson was horribly corrupt and oversaw the disaster that was Reconstruction.
And Trump?...fomented insurrection against the country he raised his hand and swore an oath to protect. That's the only reason he gets the bottom of the barrel

These are facts. Historians continually point these reasons out as why these men are given the rank of worst Presidents.
We can argue all we want about what makes a good President and where they all rank....except for the bottom five..who are consistently on every reputable historians list.

Biden, easily the worst President in the post Civil War era, then LBJ, and Carter.
Trump is clearly the worst.

To be fair to Trump, of course, he should never have been president – unprepared, incompetent, uneducated, and unfit to be president, lacking the experience and temperament to be president, the voters of 2016 are ultimately to blame for installing Trump as president, rendering Trump the worst president in history.

Again, I reiterate.

This (corporate establishment media piece,) has nothing to do with history, and these eggheads quoted in it, are exercising there opinions toward something political, not using their discipline toward an unbiased analysis.

If you are serious about proving me wrong?

What percent of the vote did Buchanan receive when he ran for re-election?

And Johnson?

And Harrison?

And Hoover?

They don't give a damn what the people of the nation think and feel, nor how the president affected the people. . . . :rolleyes:

iu
As I said in the OP, A certain amount of people will dismiss all the lists out of hand. Nobody expects a MAGA cult member to accept the fact that trump sucks so bad in comparison to all the other presidents.

fdr was our worst president ever, by far. Biden is making a run at it though.
So, do you think most all presidential historians are just wrong, or do you think there is something more nefarious with all those lists?

So, do you think most all presidential historians are just wrong, or do you think there is something more nefarious with all those lists?
Stop being disingenuous. Instead of pretending a "list" by some far left academics is valid, make your own argument and try to support it with evidence.

Stop being disingenuous. Instead of pretending a "list" by some far left academics is valid, make your own argument and try to support it with evidence.
If it was just one list, you might have a point. Trump's place is near the same on virtually all lists made by presidential historians. Do you believe all presidential historians are far left academics?

Presidential historians tend to make lists of the best and worst presidents in their opinion. The individual groups don't always have the exact same criteria, and the lists they produce aren't always the same, but they are generally pretty similar in nature, and an average of their results have extremely few outliers. The rankings given are largely consistent and trustworthy. Of course, if you believe in the DEEP STATE, or that an elite cabal of child blood drinking Satanists control everything, you will discount all the lists out of hand as liberal propaganda. A couple of the more recent lists that I have been made aware of have rightly included Donald Trump. Depending on which list you choose to believe, Trump is either the worst president of all time, or the third worst. It's something to consider when deciding which candidate will get your vote.
I get what you're saying. You're saying that everyone has their own lists, those on the left and those on the right. By the way, if we are talking about history and historians then recent presidents should not be included in the list because they are not part enough of history yet.

I don't give a shit about your lists from far left academics. Sack up and make your own argument then try to support it.
Sorry, I haven't done the years of research required to be a presidential historian. I have to rely on the opinions of actual historians for the same reason I wouldn't say a brain surgeon should use one technique over another. They have the background and credentials far beyond anything I could ever aspire to. Is it just the ranking of trump you disagree with, or do you think all presidential historians are just partisan hacks whose ultimate goal is to unfairly discredit trump?

I get what you're saying. You're saying that everyone has their own lists, those on the left and those on the right. By the way, if we are talking about history and historians then recent presidents should not be included in the list because they are not part enough of history yet.
That is precisely what I am not saying. Virtually all those lists place trump at or near the bottom. Can you name any non-MAGA related presidential historians that place him at or near the top? I am unaware of any such person or group of persons.

If the number of supporters was the only criteria, the timing of the placement might be important. Nixon would certainly be rated higher pre-Watergate than post-Watergate. The number of supporters was not the deciding factor in the ratings.

Forum List

Back