Presidential Rating Criteria Used By Historians. Where do You Put Obama?

The police acted stupidly.
If I had a son.
My grandmother is a typical white woman.

There are more but which one single instance do you think was the big one?

The first 2 you named are the same instance. That's the one I was talking about.

Number 3 is dumb. You're reaching.

The police acted stupidly was the incident with the professor...you remember, the beer summit...

If I had a son.

The first 2 you named are the same instance. That's the one I was talking about.

The police acted stupidly was the incident with the professor...you remember, the beer summit...

Oh oops. That's a throwback. They did act stupidly. But Obama should've stayed out of it yes.

If I had a son.

Nope, three different occasions and yet kind of the same reaction. Do some more research and let's get back together after that to discuss where we are with this president.

He seems pretty racist so far but let's see what you come up with to counter it.

If I had a son.

Nope, three different occasions and yet kind of the same reaction. Do some more research and let's get back together after that to discuss where we are with this president.

He seems pretty racist so far but let's see what you come up with to counter it.

img44.jpg

img44.jpg

Umm, ok. So that's the best you could come up with. No counter to what I posted but you found a picture, of something, I'm sure you think it's relevant. That's the best you could muster here. I'm pretty much going to be done with you if you can't do any better than this. You do have nowhere to go but up though since you started at absolutely f*cking pathetic. A worm could crawl over the bar you have set. Let's see how you do.

img44.jpg

Umm, ok. So that's the best you could come up with. No counter to what I posted but you found a picture, of something, I'm sure you think it's relevant. That's the best you could muster here. I'm pretty much going to be done with you if you can't do any better than this. You do have nowhere to go but up though since you started at absolutely f*cking pathetic. A worm could crawl over the bar you have set. Let's see how you do.

That's Obama's mother. I'm sure he recited Malcolm X to her every night before bed and asked her for reparations. :cool:

Every one of your points are only important to people obsessed with race and looking for any possible angle to attack the President.

You dumb fucking waste of my time.

EDIT - ...waiting... [MENTION=40891]AzMike[/MENTION]

EDIT again - going to bed now. I'll check again tomorrow. Maybe by then you'll have something intelligent to say. :doubt:

Last edited:

The only intelligent and meaningful response should be offered no sooner than the year 2042.

Indeed, it could argued that that a given president can’t be accurately evaluated until his contemporaries are all dead, and an objective analysis of his policies made.

I would rate him no differently than any other President in recent history. He is actually pretty average as far as modern Presidents go. Liar? Check. War-mongerer? Check. Politician? Checkmate.

There are two things I rate him down very low on. Obamacare (because we simply cannot afford it and I get ill thinking about a government flunky deciding my health coverage) and race relations. In regards to race relations, I don't blame him for what is going on, but I do think he has damaged race relations. I had hoped his Presidency would improve relations, but I should have known that Washington Republicans would never have allowed that to happen.

For the most part except for those two items, I can't really think of anything that makes me think he was any better or any worse than other President. They all had their good and their bad. I suppose if it were not for Obamacare, I would rate him kind of high, but I will never get over the Obamacare fiasco, unless I am completely proven wrong, which I do not foresee happening.

Immie

I don't fault him on race relations because, regardless of whoever happened to be the 1st black President, it was going to polarize the radicals; and unfortunately those are the most vocal people on the issue.

As for what I fault him on? Not reaching across the aisle like his platform said he would, and continuing to interfere in the middle east where there are never any winners.

I DO NOT see President Obama as a BLACK president, after all, being who you are is usually defined by your roots, especially and explicitly by who your mother is and who raised you.

President Obama's mother is white and he was raised by loving WHITE grandparents, when his black father gave him the middle finger, figuratively and literally.

To me it is not the matter of the color of his skin. I disagree with his policies.

1. Leadership Ability.

Very little or none.

2. Accomplishments.

His accomplishments have been over shadowed by his failures.

3. Crisis Management.

When there are easy decisions he has no problem, hard ones seem to get him in trouble. Such as the debacle of the Oil Spill and the causes. That was all Obama but the MSM gave him a pass. The response to Sandy was hardly better then the response to Katrina although Katrina dwarfed the damage brought by Sandy. Again he almost had complete forgiveness by the MSM, unlike GWB's treatement.

4. Character and Integrity.

No integrity will say whatever he thinks is good for him. Like " I won't run for President."

5. Political Skill.

Won't work with Republicans has divided the government along party lines, exactly the o opposite of what he said he would do.

6. Appointments.

Bad all the way around. Look at the mess Hillary made.

The only intelligent and meaningful response should be offered no sooner than the year 2042.

Indeed, it could argued that that a given president can’t be accurately evaluated until his contemporaries are all dead, and an objective analysis of his policies made.

Except of course when it comes to GWB.

.....................................................................................................

I fault him about race relations. He was uniquely in a position to advance black America and unite them with white America.

He campaigned on "Yes, you can"--an inspirational message. He was the perfect person to give that speech..as the first black President...to give that speech to black majority junior high schools all over the country...and inspire them and give them hope like no other President could have...to remove the scars from past mistreatment. It could have made a real difference.

But, the good from such a message, coming from the first black President... would not have been realized in time for these youths to vote for him...so he played golf instead and fomented racial grievance politics.

He gave them hope by becoming President. What about the first Hispanic President? Will you fault him for not giving a disproportionate amount of attention to Hispanics? I guess his other job's not that important :cool:

And I can think of exactly one instance where he commented on something that might count as "fomenting racial grievance politics." And I don't think it was that big of a deal except for the way that Republicans ran with it.

I didn't want him to spend a disproportionate amount of time.

I wanted to see a post racial America, instead the Obama presidency has made things far worse.

We are more racially divided today than we were pre-2008.

Can't blame Obama, we all know the division is because of white racists. Especially that White-Hispanic Zimmerman.

If I had a son.

The first 2 you named are the same instance.

NO. The first was after the arrest of that college professor

That's the one I was talking about.

Obama was rated in 2010, after two years in office, as 15th best president. How he will be rated after he leaves office, and in twenty years is questionable. But past presidents rated have not moved much on the historian's rating scale.
Harding is always rated worst American president and in the Siena poll mentioned, Bush was rated fifth worst president. The Siena poll of 238 noted historians and presidential experts also made FDR America's best president, finally beating Washington and Lincoln for top spot.
There are other ratings, by newspapers and average citizens. The newspaper polls and the citizen polls are usually discounted. Most citizens cannot name more than ten presidents. How many of us could rate Chester A. Arthur?

Forum List

Back