Press HUNGRY For War ........improperly pressuring politicians

"Press HUNGRY For War ........improperly pressuring politicians"

Nonsense.

Most on the right are hungry for war, having nothing to do with 'the press.'

Republican presidents are perfectly capable of starting failed, illegal wars without anyone's help, the previous administration being an excellent example.

Nonsense.

Republican presidents are perfectly capable of starting failed, illegal wars without anyone's help, the previous administration being an excellent example.

Is Obama a righwinger?

Nonsense.

We don't have a republican president so your comment is out of context.

Nonsense.

Typically repugnant presidents are the ones who like to cater to warmongers and interventionists. So we are seeing a new phenomenon - the media seeks to involve us in a war for its own reasons.

Nonsense.

Typically repugnant presidents are the ones who like to cater to warmongers and interventionists. So we are seeing a new phenomenon - the media seeks to involve us in a war for its own reasons.

Maybe, the moneyed interests that own the media are part of a larger cabal and no doubt they are promoting their own agenda. I still think the role of the media is to convince the populace though. Obama would have intervened militarily after the sarin gas attacks in 2013 had the American people been in favor of it. I don't think Obama needs convincing, I think he just needs cover. And that is a much more difficult task for the media to accomplish in the aftermath of the Bush years.

Nonsense.

Maybe, the moneyed interests that own the media are part of a larger cabal and no doubt they are promoting their own agenda. I still think the role of the media is to convince the populace though. Obama would have intervened militarily after the sarin gas attacks in 2013 had the American people been in favor of it. I don't think Obama needs convincing, I think he just needs cover. And that is a much more difficult task for the media to accomplish in the aftermath of the Bush years.

Obama Takes On a Newly Hawkish Press

Are we seriously going to repeat the same damn mistakes we made after 9/11? If the media gets its way, it seems the answer is an emphatic yes.

That was a disgraceful question from CNN’s Jim Acosta about why can’t we take out “these bastards.” Who is he, William Randolph Hearst? And then the next questioner, Ron Allen of NBC, asked Obama if he “understand(s) this enemy well enough to protect the homeland.” It was about the third or fourth question along those lines.

Nonsense.

Obama Takes On a Newly Hawkish Press

Are we seriously going to repeat the same damn mistakes we made after 9/11? If the media gets its way, it seems the answer is an emphatic yes.

That was a disgraceful question from CNN’s Jim Acosta about why can’t we take out “these bastards.” Who is he, William Randolph Hearst? And then the next questioner, Ron Allen of NBC, asked Obama if he “understand(s) this enemy well enough to protect the homeland.” It was about the third or fourth question along those lines.
I agree with you generally on the role the media plays and did play in the lead up to Iraq, just not in the context you are presenting it here. You need to show a larger picture to support your point. This is one example that when put into context of timing and locale makes sense. The press conference was conducted in Turkey immediately following the Paris attacks.
Press Conference by President Obama -- Antalya, Turkey
Besides that, Obama's ISIS strategy is incomprehensible so he is bound to get asked these types of questions.

Forum List

Back