Prince's Trust Survey & The Voices of the Voteless (Children) in Gay Marriage Debate

What is your view of the voice of children in the gay marriage/marrige equality debate?

• I think they are a mere afterthought, this debate is about adults and their rights

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I think they are important, but always subdominant to adult considerations

• I think they are equally important as adults in this conversation.

• Kids are more important than adults. They cannot vote; marriage is by, for & about them ultimately.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
The Prince's Trust study is the largest survey of it's kind. It isn't "science". It is actual science. What the APA peddles instead is "science": reliance on small samples, words over numbers...seriously?

Read the OP again. If facts are homophobia, then I'm a homophobe and proud if it saves children from psychological abuse.

The point is that is that 49 of 50 states DO allow single homosexuals to adopt and many states allow single-sex couples to adopt.

Before or after the lawmakers there read the Prince's Trust survey?..

His post was clear:

The point is that is that 49 of 50 states DO allow single homosexuals to adopt and many states allow single-sex couples to adopt

The Prince's Trust study is the largest survey of it's kind. It isn't "science". It is actual science. What the APA peddles instead is "science": reliance on small samples, words over numbers...seriously?

Read the OP again. If facts are homophobia, then I'm a homophobe and proud if it saves children from psychological abuse.

You only do not consider it science because it doesn't fit your narrative. You've have been shown numerous studies that refute your assertions about gay parents but you ignore them consistently. You can do so as you wish but do not expect the rest of us to do so.

You are more than entitled to your own opinion but your are not entitled to your own facts.

I just googled "Prince Trust Study" and the first thing that came up was- this thread.

That's how credible this study is...

I just googled "Prince Trust Study" and the first thing that came up was- this thread.

It's only one of the UK's largest youth-outreach entities, intiated in the 1970s by the Prince of Wales to reduce indigency and crime in youth. They use large surveys and actual data so I can see how today's APA would reject their conclusions and direct-approach to the problems youth actually face..

Here is a blip from the Prince's Trust's main pages:
What we do
The Prince's Trust supports 13 to 30 year olds who are unemployed and those struggling at school and at risk of exclusion...Around one in five young people in the UK are not in work, education or training. Youth unemployment costs the UK economy £10 million a day in lost productivity, while youth crime costs £1 billion every year....Many of the young people we help are in or leaving care, facing issues such as homelessness or mental health problems, or have been in trouble with the law....Our programmes give young people the practical and financial support they need to stabilise their lives. We help develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training. The Prince s Trust What we do

Here's a great link to learn about their history:

The Prince's Trust was founded in 1976 by The Prince of Wales. Having completed his duty in the Royal Navy, His Royal Highness became dedicated to improving the lives of disadvantaged young people in the UK, and began The Trust to deliver on that commitment.The history of The Prince s Trust

It's only one of the UK's largest youth-outreach entities, intiated in the 1970s by the Prince of Wales to reduce indigency and crime in youth. They use large surveys and actual data so I can see how today's APA would reject their conclusions and direct-approach to the problems youth actually face..

Here is a blip from the Prince's Trust's main pages:
What we do
The Prince's Trust supports 13 to 30 year olds who are unemployed and those struggling at school and at risk of exclusion...Around one in five young people in the UK are not in work, education or training. Youth unemployment costs the UK economy £10 million a day in lost productivity, while youth crime costs £1 billion every year....Many of the young people we help are in or leaving care, facing issues such as homelessness or mental health problems, or have been in trouble with the law....Our programmes give young people the practical and financial support they need to stabilise their lives. We help develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training. The Prince s Trust What we do

Here's a great link to learn about their history:

The Prince's Trust was founded in 1976 by The Prince of Wales. Having completed his duty in the Royal Navy, His Royal Highness became dedicated to improving the lives of disadvantaged young people in the UK, and began The Trust to deliver on that commitment.The history of The Prince s Trust

None of this changes the fact that The Prince's Trust in no way studies or mentions gay parents. It also doesn't state that role models can only be found in parents. Roles models can be found in many places, siblings, aunts, uncles, sports stars, etc. You are taking this study and misrepresenting it's findings so you can rail against gays. While the study itself is credible your interpretations of it are not. You act as if posting the same tripe over and over again will some make it true, it doesn't.

50% of children in so-called "gay marriage" would be growing up without their own gender as an adult role model. So, yes, the study does have an impact on weighing the gay marriage question since it is about the negative effects of children growing up without their own gender as an adult role model.

50% of children in so-called "gay marriage" would be growing up without their own gender as an adult role model. So, yes, the study does have an impact on weighing the gay marriage question since it is about the negative effects of children growing up without their own gender as an adult role model.

Leaving the Prince's study aside for one moment-
and assuming this were true:
50% of children raised by gay couples would be growing up without their gender as an adult role model.

The only thing 'gay marriage' changes is that those children would have married parents.

So why are you opposed to gay marriage?

Why do you want to deny those children married parents?

The largest study of its kind, the Prince's Trust of the UK did a survey of over 2,000 young adults who were self-reporting and out of the influence of their formative environment. The topic was growing up without their own gender represented as a role model. The conclusion was that doing so was and is highly deterimental to their sense of self-worth and esteem and social adjustments. The net result was depression, drug use, a feeling of not belonging and even suicide.

Whereas in discussions about this survey, the LGBT's argue that the study "doesn't mention gay parents". I argue that it doesn't have to. 50% of children in any "gay marriage" would fit the category surveyed by the Prince's Trust study. Ergo, it applies to gay marriage.

I further argue that, according to the conclusion of the Prince's Trust survey, it would be better for a child to be in a single parent hetero home than a "gay married" home. My reasoning is simple and follows the line of inquiry in the survey. It is because of the "not feeling like they belong" finding in the conclusion. In a single parent home that is hetero, at least the parent would still be reaching out to the gender of the child. Take a single mother/son scenario. The mother would still be flirting with, dating and remembering the importance of the boy's gender in daily life. The boy would see this. He would internalize this. He would say to himself, "at least my gender still has a place in mom's heart".

A child of "gay parents" however would see not one iota of this message. Instead, daily this message would be to him: "your gender NEVER matters". And perhaps this is the source of this unfortunate boy's delusions: (and institutionalized child abuse in California, using the new fad "as the word of God"...more on that below) Boy Drugged By Lesbian Parents To Be A Girl US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Page 8 (the left side on the green background) http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/pdf/Youth_Index_jan2011.pdf
In addition to indexing the happiness and wellbeing of young people, the report explores some significant demographic differences between young people. They include a comparison between those not in education employment or training with their peers...those without a positive role model of their gender in their lives (women without a positive female role model and men without a positive male role model) and their peers...those with fewer than five GCSEs graded A* to C (or equivalent) with their peers... Respondents are asked how happy and confident they are in different areas of their life. The responses are converted to a numerical scale, resulting in a number out of 100-- with 100 representing entirely happy or confident and zero being not at all happy or confident.
Page 10 (The bold largest heading above the material that followed it)
Young people without a role model of the same gender in their lives
The Daily Mail article from the Prince's Trust study... Teens without parent role model are 67 per cent less likely to get a job Daily Mail Online
Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess..
Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging.

The next thing you will hear in this thread from the usual LGBT posters/spammers is that "you're ignoring a bunch of other studies that say gay parents do just fine!!".

And my answer to that is:

1. Those studies are affiliated with the APA, which was censured by Congress in 1999 for a study they published that depicted sexual contact between adults and minors as "benign or even good for the kids". (Page 3 at the top) http://www.nappp.org/pdf/nickcumno.pdf

2. The APA was taken over starting in the 1960s and culminating in the 1980s by what is basically a cult; gays who had even physically stormed APA conventions, knocking over booths and siezing the MC microphone to DEMAND they be taken off the crazy list (DSM manual), ironically. My Past Gay Musing and Stories 1973 WHEN HOMOSEXUALITY STOPPED BEING A MENTAL ILLNESS 1 Dec 2004 Volume 1 Issue 17 Also pay attention to the youtube video cue at 4:00

3. The APA after being so absorbed by this neo-cult simply disappeared the notion long held its governing ranks that all public positions on any topic must be backed by hard science. It was called the "Leona Tyler principle" and it was the ruling principle for decades before it was "disappeared" in the 1980s by the new ownership. A search on APA archives doesn't even find a passing reference to Leona Tyler Principle.
As to #4 below, start especially paying attention to the interveiw at 8:30 cue.

4. Now embraced by the APA is a method of "scientific survey" that is the antithesis of science. Those who know how science is done best (large surveys, objective inquiry, freedom of peer review and commentary without pressures to conform) will be shocked to learn about the APA's new cult-science methods:
(No, I'm not making this up, follow the link to the APA website)

Consensual Qualitative Research: A Practical Resource for Investigating Social Science Phenomena
Edited by Clara E. Hill, PhD Consensual Qualitative Research A Practical Resource for Investigating Social Science Phenomena
"
This lively and practical text presents a fresh and comprehensive approach to conducting consensual qualitative research (CQR). CQR is an inductive method that is characterized by open-ended interview questions, small samples, a reliance on words over numbers, the importance of context, an integration of multiple viewpoints, and consensus of the research team. It is especially well-suited to research that requires rich descriptions of inner experiences, attitudes, and convictions.
Written to help researchers navigate their way through qualitative techniques and methodology, leading expert Clara E. Hill and her associates provide readers with step-by-step practical guidance during each stage of the research process. Readers learn about adaptive ways of designing studies; collecting, coding, and analyzing data; and reporting findings.
Key aspects of the researcher's craft are addressed, such as establishing the research team, recruiting and interviewing participants, adhering to ethical standards, raising cultural awareness, auditing within case analyses and cross analyses, and writing up the study.

Intended as a user-friendly manual for graduate-level research courses and beyond, the text will be a valuable resource for both budding and experienced qualitative researchers for many years to come.

Until now, the US Supreme Court has been reading APA funded/affiliated (including the AMA and many other...virtually all.. pediatric affiliates, who genuflect at the altar of the neo-APA as well as many other respectable science entitites...likely unknowing of the new APA protocols) and sponsored results in amicus briefs "as God's word" on the question of how appropriate "gay mariage" is for children's wellbeing. The Prince's Trust survey flies directly in contrast to those conclusions ; and since it is the largest survey of its kind, must by definition of "good science" be regarded as the best and most reliable source of answering how gay marriage would affect the formative environment of children (marriage).

Lack of a positive role model of their gender could simply mean the gender role model is a negative role model. For instance, a slovenly and typical asshole conservative would not be a positive role model.

You really like to take crap out of context and talk out of your ass.

I encourage everyone to read and explore not just the OP but all the links in it as well to see if I'm pulling things out of my ass.

Please, by all means do. Unless you would be against that? Probably the case.. :popcorn:

I don't know what you're pulling out of your ass, and really don't want to either, but the poll has nothing to do with being gay or having gay parents. JFC, you're nuts.

I encourage everyone to read and explore not just the OP but all the links in it as well to see if I'm pulling things out of my ass.

Please, by all means do. Unless you would be against that? Probably the case.. :popcorn:

You are most certainly pulling this out of your ass. Go ahead and show us all exactly where this study states anything about gay parents or that role models can only be parents. If I were you I wouldn't want to invite people into this thread b/c it only embarrasses you. Since you are not capable of shame I doubt you care.

Last edited:

50% of children raised by gay couples would be growing up without their gender as an adult role model.

The only thing 'gay marriage' changes is that those children would have married parents.

I don't know what you're pulling out of your ass, and really don't want to either, but the poll has nothing to do with being gay or having gay parents. JFC, you're nuts.

I have asked so many times for her to show where the Prince's Trust mentions or even studies gay parents and she runs away each and every time. It won't stop her from trying to peddle lies.

I did exactly that which is why I knew you were taking things out of context and talking with your ass.

I did exactly that which is why I knew you were taking things out of context and talking with your ass.
Good, then you will be encouraging many more people to read the links from the OP, rights? :lmao:

No harm in doing that, right? :popcorn:

Good, then you will be encouraging many more people to read the links from the OP, rights? :lmao:

No harm in doing that, right? :popcorn:

Forum List

Back