Princess Sofia of Sweden Helps Hospital

I see people cooking, cleaning, and doing other chores in hospitals every day ... and they aren't being glorified by paparazzi just because they were pulled from a pedigreed vagina on the day of their birth.

The concept that someone is more deserving of praise because of their gynecology is something that should have disappeared centuries ago.

I see people cooking, cleaning, and doing other chores in hospitals every day ... and they aren't being glorified by paparazzi just because they were pulled from a pedigreed vagina on the day of their birth.

The concept that someone is more deserving of praise because of their gynecology is something that should have disappeared centuries ago.
Wow.

She doesn't have to get up, put on an ugly uniform and leave the palace each day to cook and push a mop around, two miserable foot-achin' jobs. She's got the right idea showing she's not above that. And I commend her for it.

i agree.....

It's really a Princess' job to do things like this to make people buy in the notion of monarchy. She has no real work to do, after all.

I'm not sure why we have to make this about vaginas, fncceo. The ultimate put down I guess. So, here:

1587162295467.png

Wow.

She doesn't have to get up, put on an ugly uniform and leave the palace each day to cook and push a mop around, two miserable foot-achin' jobs. She's got the right idea showing she's not above that. And I commend her for it.

Not a single person on Earth is 'above' that sort of work ... the idea that we automatically think someone is because they were bred with papers is reprehensible.

The idea that someone solicits praise for somehow 'proving' they aren't, make them them even more reprehensible than those who adore them.

The are, however, some vital difference between those who do that sort of work every day and those who do it for a ceremony with medals...

a. The person who does this for a living will not have photographers following them around all day, getting in the way of actual hospital staff, while they take their smiling pictures in a custom fit uniform with freshly coiffed hair and makeup.

b. The person who does it for a living won't take a chauffeured limousine home to a palace at the end of their shift.

c. The person who does it for a living won't have a staff of other people to wash their 'ugly' uniform, feed them quail, tuck them into 4,000 count Egyptian cotton sheets, and wake them to breakfast in bed the next morning.

I'm not sure why we have to make this about vaginas, fncceo. The ultimate put down I guess. So, here:

View attachment 324652

There is nothing at all pejorative about vagina. Vaginas are among the best things on Earth.

This is about the concept that passage threw certain pedigreed vaginas passes on superiority is something that shouldn't exist outside of a dog show.

GettyImages-1134985448.jpg

Wow.

Not a single person on Earth is 'above' that sort of work ... the idea that we automatically think someone is because they were bred with papers is reprehensible.

The idea that someone solicits praise for somehow 'proving' they aren't, make them them even more reprehensible than those who adore them.

The are, however, some vital difference between those who do that sort of work every day and those who do it for a ceremony with medals...

a. The person who does this for a living will not have photographers following them around all day, getting in the way of actual hospital staff, while they take their smiling pictures in a custom fit uniform with freshly coiffed hair and makeup.

b. The person who does it for a living won't take a chauffeured limousine home to a palace at the end of their shift.

c. The person who does it for a living won't have a staff of other people to wash their 'ugly' uniform, feed them quail, tuck them into 4,000 count Egyptian cotton sheets, and wake them to breakfast in bed the next morning.

c.
Your bitterness is giving me a headache. I'm going to do my best to forget it.

Wow.

fncceo is right, she shouldn't have a palace in the first place, that is the point.

zzzzzzz1.jpg

It's not her fault she was born royal, either.

We all make our choices in life. She's making a good one.

It's no ones fault they are born royal. However, to enjoy the taxpayer funded benefits of royalty while soliciting praise for doing 'ordinary' non-royal work is a fully conscious choice.

Disagreed. . . she made a poor choice when she agreed to accept the trapping of royalty.

It's her fault she continues that life of privilege rather than dissolving the monarchy or refusing to acknowledge that unearned system of privilege. She ought to go out, and earn her way. . .

. . . aren't you the same sort of poster that beats folks in America about, "white privilege?"

Is this not the epitome of it?

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

Wow.

c.
You live in a fairy tale world.

Disagreed. . . she made a poor choice when she agreed to accept the trapping of royalty.

It's her fault she continues that life of privilege rather than dissolving the monarchy or refusing to acknowledge that unearned system of privilege. She ought to go out, and earn her way. . .

. . . aren't you the same sort of poster that beats folks in America about, "white privilege?"

Is this not the epitome of it?
I love royalty--the crowns, the HATS, the carriages, the jewels, the thrones, the whole nine yards. I grew up with fairy tales about Princes and Princesses and Kings and Queens, and I am not at all averse to people being fabulously wealthy OR royal. Doesn't take one bit of skin off my nose. If it weren't for royalty, we wouldn't have the Faberge Eggs, or about a billion other beautiful things that the filthy rich can afford to sponsor.

But as my Dad always said, 'We all put our pants on the same way.' I give the Princess credit for knowing that. She is doing nothing wrong and there is nothing wrong with royalty, so long as they don't rule over the people like tyrants.

Wow.

c.
There is NOTHING wrong with fairy tales.

Wow.

c.
There is NOTHING wrong with fairy tales.

As long as we don't accept them as real ... and they don't cost taxpayers billions of dollars.

If it weren't for royalty, we wouldn't have the Faberge Eggs, or about a billion other beautiful things that the filthy rich can afford to sponsor.

I disagree. I don't take issue with 'filthy rich'. I don't begrudge them a groat of their own money. I fully support their right to choose how they spend that money, be it booze, drugs, floozies, or over priced Hummers with spinning rims.

However, the 'Royals' aren't spending their money on grotesquely tacky, over decorated, symbols of status like Faberge Eggs. They're spending the money of taxpayers.

If you're spending my money ... and you're not sleeping with me ... I get to question your choices.

goldigger.jpg

Forum List

Back