Principal: child MUST shave off military-style haircut...

I`d say the principal was waaay out of line. If a parent chooses to send their kid to school looking like an idiot that`s their business.
Having a decent haircut in what way makes the kid look like an idiot?

What a bunch of bullshit!! Hair cuts like that used to garner respect from adults.
Obviously not so much from the current academic cadre.

Amen. For some lefty education folks and others anything military-like is evil. Can't have young kids walking around emulating our men and women in uniform.

On second thought maybe there is something positive about this principal's mindset. After all, I think it was Secretary of State Kerry who once opined the only folks who join our military are more or less society's losers, unemployable idiots who can't find any other way to support themselves in life. So it's possible IMO the principal was just trying to steer the kiddies into more positive career paths. Could be the lefty logic, no?

I'd take Nazi Germany over this Kafkaesque Sovietism we are headed to.

Given the crazy nature of this statement it's worth asking if you know the Nazis sent crazy people to the concentration camps along with Jews, Romanis, homosexuals, intellectuals, etc. right?
Given your statement, have you read the Gulag Archipelago or any good biography of Stalin or of Mao?

Which system killed the most people, Nazism or communism?

I see your point though, as I am not a Jew.
Secular Humanism has killed the most people in history.

Got a link proving this or are ya just some ignorant religious type wishing to deflect?
Wow, is your google broken or something?

Take a look at the mass deaths in just the last 100 years.....start with Russia and move on down to south east Asia and the like. While you're at it, take a look at just what the Fascists did.....
Communism was secular inhumanism.

I am in misery with pine pollen poisoning, and really can't quibble over terms.

Have a little humanist sympathy.

; - )

What a bunch of bullshit!! Hair cuts like that used to garner respect from adults.
Obviously not so much from the current academic cadre.

Amen. For some lefty education folks and others anything military-like is evil. Can't have young kids walking around emulating our men and women in uniform.

On second thought maybe there is something positive about this principal's mindset. After all, I think it was Secretary of State Kerry who once opined the only folks who join our military are more or less society's losers, unemployable idiots who can't find any other way to support themselves in life. So it's possible IMO the principal was just trying to steer the kiddies into more positive career paths. Could be the lefty logic, no?

Naw...they just hate the military because ...guns.

When I went to elementray school, we all had crew cuts, it was the style back in then.

As we all just saw with the SAE fraternity story, if a school receives government funds it's a defacto extension of the government and may NOT suppress 1st Amendment freedoms.

If this school was private and receives no funds from the government it would have greater leeway in dress codes and personal grooming standards. But if it's a public school, and the hair was short (as opposed to very long, longer than a girl's say) then it may not force conformity.

Supreme Court (wrong imo) said in a 1972 case long hair was not protected under the 1st Amendment. But while I can kinda see how long hair could be disruptive or even a safety issue (in shop class say and getting it caught up in machinery and the like,) for short hair that sensibility wouldn't apply.
So Mohawks and Rasta hair should be allowed as well. And greasy tangled hair. And nudity. It's all freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we all just saw with the SAE fraternity story, if a school receives government funds it's a defacto extension of the government and may NOT suppress 1st Amendment freedoms.

If this school was private and receives no funds from the government it would have greater leeway in dress codes and personal grooming standards. But if it's a public school, and the hair was short (as opposed to very long, longer than a girl's say) then it may not force conformity.

Supreme Court (wrong imo) said in a 1972 case long hair was not protected under the 1st Amendment. But while I can kinda see how long hair could be disruptive or even a safety issue (in shop class say and getting it caught up in machinery and the like,) for short hair that sensibility wouldn't apply.
So Mohawks and Rasta hair should be allowed as well. And greasy tangled hair. And nudity. It's all freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why shouldn't Mohawks and dreadlocks be allowed?

Dirty greasy hair is another thing; dirty, smelly lice ridden kids can be dealt with as a health issue.

Last edited:

Dirty greasy hair is another thing; dirty, smelly lice ridden kids can be dealt with as a health issues
Greasy hair has nothing to do with lice.

You are amusing. On the one hand you brag that your principal could march you off to the barber without permission and you liked it. Now you are whining that a school can have a dress code.

Why doesn't the MSM show the last name of the limp-wristed, douchebag "principal?"

Dirty greasy hair is another thing; dirty, smelly lice ridden kids can be dealt with as a health issues

You are amusing. On the one hand you brag that your principal could march you off to the barber without permission and you liked it. Now you are whining that a school can have a dress code.
Lice and dirty grease are separate issues, and I certainly did not say I agreed with the asshole Assistant Principal we called One Nut.

Don't go reading shit into my posts that isn't there.

I`d say the principal was waaay out of line. If a parent chooses to send their kid to school looking like an idiot that`s their business.
Having a decent haircut in what way makes the kid look like an idiot?
August West is a hippie wannabe that smells of unwiped ass and rancid patchouli oil.
Not really, I just wouldn`t send my kid to school looking like a skinhead wannabe.
You have spawned?

Lice and dirty grease are separate issues, and I certainly did not say I agreed with the asshole Assistant Principal we called One Nut.

Right, that's why you were whining about how far we've progressed :rolleyes:

I was pointing out that we have progressed from RW educational fascism to LW educational fascism.

At least in the '60s we graduated with some reading comprehension and the ability to detect sarcasm.

I was pointing out that we have progressed from RW educational fascism to LW educational fascism.

At least in the '60s we graduated with some reading comprehension and the ability to detect sarcasm.
And the ability to spin. Good job :thup:

Silly rule by this principal.
Please use the link to e-mail this petty tyrant.

First time I ever took the time to follow a link to an addy, but I felt better when I sent her one.

You will have to give a name and a return addy though.

I doubt the bitch will reply, but, you never know.

Why doesn't the MSM show the last name of the limp-wristed, douchebag "principal?"
The link does, and provides her e-mail address as well.

I encourage you to follow the link to her page, and avail yourself of the opportunity to speak you mind to her.

A school named after a military hero who died saving a Marine's life. Yet, the school won't let a young man have a military haircut.

The cut looks good, clean. How can the school say it is a distraction, other than the school is causing a distraction?
Truly. The kids that age could care less. It's all the administrators who are distracted. Really, do you want such easily distracted liberals "educating" you children? And they wonder when kids start bullying other kids for such specious reasons. It's almost like they are following orders.

It is this kind of school administrators that give the school system a bad name. The sooner we rid the system of this type of person the better off we will be.

Forum List

Back