Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

One does not always have to pick a side, that assumes a zero sum game.

Both schools can keep their views without having to shun one another.

What we are seeing however is Butt Hurt on the part of the Progressive School.
Youll forgive me if I see the other way around....the one school is expressing their view in the way they freely wish and youre upset aboit it. Actually, both schools are freely expressing their views.

Liberty.

Not Liberty. liberty would be both coexisting with only dialogue between the two. Once you take an action, as this is, and forcing a reaction, you are beyond speech.
Seems like speech to me.

I certainly got their message. And here I am, using my speech to agree with it. I value their opinion, because it aligns with my personal morals, and so my speech would be to be in 100% agreement with their speech...

which magically isnt speech to you even though I able to receive its message.

This is just your coping mechanism because you dont like their exercise of protest.

When you only like speech you agree with, you are not supporting free speech.

Again, speech is saying "those people suck". Action is refusing to play in a sanctioned game because of butt hurt.
False!

When you want to force opposing speech from happening with FORCE, THATS surely not free speech...

but where the fuck do you get the idea that free speech has to be speech that anyone agrees with?

seems youre the only one butthurt over a lawful protest. you dont like their speech, wont even CALL it speech though it clearly is...because you received its message and it was lawful.

Sour milk is all youre doing. Man the fuck up and quit whining.

What is the saying "your freedom ends at my nose"?

By boycotting the game, they impact the other players. that goes beyond speech into action.

Your whole thing was about this being speech you agree with. so far you only support speech you agree with.

That makes you an advocate of things you like, which is really not much of anything.

I am not asking for any sanctions against the team, nor am i asking government to intervene.

Do you want government to force the Christian school to accept gay students and faculty?

Youll forgive me if I see the other way around....the one school is expressing their view in the way they freely wish and youre upset aboit it. Actually, both schools are freely expressing their views.

Liberty.

Not Liberty. liberty would be both coexisting with only dialogue between the two. Once you take an action, as this is, and forcing a reaction, you are beyond speech.
Seems like speech to me.

I certainly got their message. And here I am, using my speech to agree with it. I value their opinion, because it aligns with my personal morals, and so my speech would be to be in 100% agreement with their speech...

This is just your coping mechanism because you dont like their exercise of protest.

Again, speech is saying "those people suck". Action is refusing to play in a sanctioned game because of butt hurt.
False!

When you want to force opposing speech from happening with FORCE, THATS surely not free speech...

but where the fuck do you get the idea that free speech has to be speech that anyone agrees with?

seems youre the only one butthurt over a lawful protest. you dont like their speech, wont even CALL it speech though it clearly is...because you received its message and it was lawful.

By boycotting the game, they impact the other players. that goes beyond speech into action.

Your whole thing was about this being speech you agree with. so far you only support speech you agree with.

That makes you an advocate of things you like, which is really not much of anything.

I am not asking for any sanctions against the team, nor am i asking government to intervene.

Do you want government to force the Christian school to accept gay students and faculty?
You already asked me that and I answered it like 4 times, NO i dont support force.

See, now youre just flailing.

Of COURSE speech is not designed to have NO IMPACT, what the fuck gave you that impression?

That theres even a conversation about their protest in the public sphere means its MET ITS GOAL.

Now the ideas can be talked about by those that support either sides views on homophobia...

or guys like you can bitch at how the conversation was even started in the 1st place....which seems an easier way than defending being a homophobic cuck.

no, speech is the antithesis of force..thats its virtue. you just dont like your pet bigotries being eroded. oh well

The force is the work behind the words, when you try to remove people from society via your words, you are using force.

My issue is again the freedom of others to live how they see fit, not to force them to behave and think they way the prevailing winds want them to.

My views on homosexuality are not material, and I disagree mostly with the Christian school, but I defend their right to set their own rules in this instance, and to not be shamed for it.
Free speech is one of the Virtues of the Enlightenment period. If you cannot stand it, its a function of what the speech is saying and not of disliking the Virtue of free speech.

One would hope.

It's when you back up your speech with consequences to someone else's speech that the issue appears.

This isn't trying to convince the others to change their mind, it's to shun them and force them to submit.
Shunning is speech.

It allows the ideas of merit to STAND on their merit, and then others can decide based on the merit who to stand WITH.

Thats the beauty of Liberty.

Shunning is an action, not speech. Trying to get others to shun as well is speech in the furtherance of a greater action.

Trying to shame people who think differently than you isn't liberty, it's tyranny.

I mean you DO realize that the private school shuns teachers who don't agree with them, don't you?

Actions most certainly can be free speech.

Seems like speech to me.

False!

You already asked me that and I answered it like 4 times, NO i dont support force.

Of COURSE speech is not designed to have NO IMPACT, what the fuck gave you that impression?

That theres even a conversation about their protest in the public sphere means its MET ITS GOAL.

Now the ideas can be talked about by those that support either sides views on homophobia...

or guys like you can bitch at how the conversation was even started in the 1st place....which seems an easier way than defending being a homophobic cuck.

You ignore the coercion inherent in something like this, which can escalate to a demand the school change its policies or leave the league.

How about you answer my question? Do you support the idea the government can force the Christian School to change it's policies?

And my views on gays are not relevant. They are far more liberal than the Christian schools views.

The force is the work behind the words, when you try to remove people from society via your words, you are using force.

My issue is again the freedom of others to live how they see fit, not to force them to behave and think they way the prevailing winds want them to.

My views on homosexuality are not material, and I disagree mostly with the Christian school, but I defend their right to set their own rules in this instance, and to not be shamed for it.
Free speech is one of the Virtues of the Enlightenment period. If you cannot stand it, its a function of what the speech is saying and not of disliking the Virtue of free speech.

One would hope.

It's when you back up your speech with consequences to someone else's speech that the issue appears.

This isn't trying to convince the others to change their mind, it's to shun them and force them to submit.
Shunning is speech.

It allows the ideas of merit to STAND on their merit, and then others can decide based on the merit who to stand WITH.

Shunning is an action, not speech. Trying to get others to shun as well is speech in the furtherance of a greater action.

Trying to shame people who think differently than you isn't liberty, it's tyranny.

I mean you DO realize that the private school shuns teachers who don't agree with them, don't you?

That is the mission of the school. If the progressive school wants to be honest and come out and say "our mission is to be assholes to people we don't like" then I would have less of an issue.

it's not like the Christian School wants the gay teacher to never teach anywhere. However I have a feeling the Progressive school's wish is to get the Christian School kicked out of the conference.

Seems like speech to me.

False!

You ignore the coercion inherent in something like this, which can escalate to a demand the school change its policies or leave the league.

How about you answer my question? Do you support the idea the government can force the Christian School to change it's policies?

And my views on gays are not relevant. They are far more liberal than the Christian schools views.
Can you read? Just curious, cuz you just asked me to answer a question I DIRECTLY answered in the post YOU quoted.

Take some responsibility, godd damn

And you dont need to keep repeating yourself....I understand youre butthurt and dont like their form of protest.

Unless repeating it ad nauseum is comforting you in some way, you should maybe try and unfuck yourself

One would hope.

Shunning is speech.

That is the mission of the school. If the progressive school wants to be honest and come out and say "our mission is to be assholes to people we don't like" then I would have less of an issue.

it's not like the Christian School wants the gay teacher to never teach anywhere. However I have a feeling the Progressive school's wish is to get the Christian School kicked out of the conference.

But what do you care what they WISH to do? The school would have a pretty plain case of religious discrimination if they were kicked out of the conference. Even if every other school refuse to play at their campus, so what? You take the forfeit wins and move on.

False!

Can you read? Just curious, cuz you just asked me to answer a question I DIRECTLY answered in the post YOU quoted.

And you dont need to keep repeating yourself....I understand youre butthurt and dont like their form of protest.

Unless repeating it ad nauseum is comforting you in some way, you should maybe try and unfuck yourself

You keep using the word force instead of answering the specific question. I consider that a dodge.

Shunning is speech.

But what do you care what they WISH to do? The school would have a pretty plain case of religious discrimination if they were kicked out of the conference. Even if every other school refuse to play at their campus, so what? You take the forfeit wins and move on.

At that level the idea is about playing and improving how you play, which doesn't happen in a forfeit.

False!

You keep using the word force instead of answering the specific question. I consider that a dodge.
Would the Government intervening not imply Force?

Nooooo, you fuckin idiot. Noo, noo0o, nooo0o is the answer to your question.

If thats not as clear as the last 6 times, heres another: NO.

Only took you 6 posts. thanks.

Marty....

When I said I dont support force in all 6 posts.....

How else would you presume the Government would "intervene," out of curiousity? By osmosis? By failing to switch over the Laundry?

These things shouldn't be that difficult to intellectually conquer. Is that too ruthless, I mean what the fuck else would I DONT SUPPORT FORCE mean?

Marty....

How else would you presume the Government would "intervene," out of curiousity? By osmosis? By failing to switch over the Laundry?

These things shouldn't be that difficult to intellectually conquer. Is that too ruthless, I mean what the fuck else would I DONT SUPPORT FORCE mean?

You don't support overt force. If that's what lets you sleep at night, so be it.

Marty....

You don't support overt force. If that's what lets you sleep at night, so be it.
I support whats already happened, its actually pretty refreshing because unlike you, I actually care about the ideals of not discriminating based on race, gender, creed or other and Im able to understand that sexual disposition is a DISPOSITION, like race is. Our Country's History is to slooooooooooooooowly drag its feet to eventually rid our ethos of this egregious neanderthal brained bigotry.

Marty....

I support whats already happened, its actually pretty refreshing because unlike you, I actually care about the ideals of not discriminating based on race, gender, creed or other and Im able to understand that sexual disposition is a DISPOSITION, like race is. Our Country's History is to slooooooooooooooowly drag its feet to eventually rid our ethos of this egregious neanderthal brained bigotry.

More of that "me me me" shit. Sorry, but you are not for freedom, you are for conformity to whatever moral code YOU chose to dictate.

And you are supporting discrimination based on creed, because that's exactly what the progressive school is doing.

Marty....

More of that "me me me" shit. Sorry, but you are not for freedom, you are for conformity to whatever moral code YOU chose to dictate.

And you are supporting discrimination based on creed, because that's exactly what the progressive school is doing.
If its done within the confines of the Law, of COURSE I like my Morals better than some backwards assed bigots.

Marty....

If its done within the confines of the Law, of COURSE I like my Morals better than some backwards assed bigots.

by calling them bigots you are a bigot yourself, a religious bigot.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Marty....

by calling them bigots you are a bigot yourself, a religious bigot.
Like I said, reasoned ideas are my ethos. Religion is unreasonable, but Id fight for their right to express their opinion legally, whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me.

Marty....

Some would even say you are bigoted about it.

Forum List

Back