Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

Marty....

When I said I dont support force in all 6 posts.....

How else would you presume the Government would "intervene," out of curiousity? By osmosis? By failing to switch over the Laundry?

These things shouldn't be that difficult to intellectually conquer. Is that too ruthless, I mean what the fuck else would I DONT SUPPORT FORCE mean?

You don't support overt force. If that's what lets you sleep at night, so be it.
I support whats already happened, its actually pretty refreshing because unlike you, I actually care about the ideals of not discriminating based on race, gender, creed or other and Im able to understand that sexual disposition is a DISPOSITION, like race is. Our Country's History is to slooooooooooooooowly drag its feet to eventually rid our ethos of this egregious neanderthal brained bigotry.

More of that "me me me" shit. Sorry, but you are not for freedom, you are for conformity to whatever moral code YOU chose to dictate.

And you are supporting discrimination based on creed, because that's exactly what the progressive school is doing.
If its done within the confines of the Law, of COURSE I like my Morals better than some backwards assed bigots.

Some would even say you are bigoted about it.
Id fight for their right to express that opinion, and Im not going to bitch like a 4 year old when they wont attend my barbecue.

You don't support overt force. If that's what lets you sleep at night, so be it.
I support whats already happened, its actually pretty refreshing because unlike you, I actually care about the ideals of not discriminating based on race, gender, creed or other and Im able to understand that sexual disposition is a DISPOSITION, like race is. Our Country's History is to slooooooooooooooowly drag its feet to eventually rid our ethos of this egregious neanderthal brained bigotry.

More of that "me me me" shit. Sorry, but you are not for freedom, you are for conformity to whatever moral code YOU chose to dictate.

And you are supporting discrimination based on creed, because that's exactly what the progressive school is doing.
If its done within the confines of the Law, of COURSE I like my Morals better than some backwards assed bigots.

Some would even say you are bigoted about it.
Id fight for their right to express that opinion, and Im not going to bitch like a 4 year old when they wont attend my barbecue.

A respectable stance. I don't even know how this is news. Just like I don't know it's news, or a federal case, when a gay has to go down the street to find another baker. ERMERGAWD someone doesn't like me!!!!!! I must sue!!!! Grow up people.

by calling them bigots you are a bigot yourself, a religious bigot.
Like I said, reasoned ideas are my ethos. Religion is unreasonable, but Id fight for their right to express their opinion legally, whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me.

Just not support their right to live their life the way they see fit.

and "legally" is a cop out if someone wants to make the opinion illegal eventually.

Like I said, reasoned ideas are my ethos. Religion is unreasonable, but Id fight for their right to express their opinion legally, whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me.

and "legally" is a cop out if someone wants to make the opinion illegal eventually.
Your opinion is noted. It's not worth fighting about, its an opinion.

Your opinion is noted. It's not worth fighting about, its an opinion.

Funny statement for someone posting on a message board.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Dude, come on, this school boycotting games isnt' going to affect the boycotted school or anyone in it any more than a baker boycotting baking cakes for a gay wedding will affect a gay person who has to go to another bakery.

We need consistency in thought in this country in a big way.

Dude, come on, this school boycotting games isnt' going to affect the boycotted school or anyone in it any more than a baker boycotting baking cakes for a gay wedding will affect a gay person who has to go to another bakery.

Those things are separate. Playing basketball against someone isn't endorsing them, or agreeing with them. Making a wedding cake for a Same Sex Marriage includes some endorsement, or at least acceptance.

Those things are separate. Playing basketball against someone isn't endorsing them, or agreeing with them. Making a wedding cake for a Same Sex Marriage includes some endorsement, or at least acceptance.

nonsense. The only difference is in your mind.

This is why I say it's a mistake to make this a religious argument. If the poster GT owned a bakery and I walked in and wanted a cake, he should have the right to say "nah, don't want your business" whether his reason is religious or ot.

Same with the school, they have a right to refuse to play at another school. There reasoning for doing so is actually irrelevant. And they will pay a price for doing so, in this case a forfeit.

In NEITHER case, should it be anyone's business but theirs.

nonsense. The only difference is in your mind.

This is why I say it's a mistake to make this a religious argument. If the poster GT owned a bakery and I walked in and wanted a cake, he should have the right to say "nah, don't want your business" whether his reason is religious or ot.

Except our laws don't work like that. The thing is, the only reason why your bakery works is because tax payers pay for the infrastructure to make it work, the roads so customers and suppliers can get to you, the credit system that allows you to borrow, the utilities to keep your equipment running, the police and fire that protect it.

In short, your business is a PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION.

And yet the progressive school people are discriminating against the christian school.

Two wrongs only make a right in the addled mind of the progressive

Nothing wrong with what the progressive school is doing. they are saying, "We don't want to associate with bigots."

If this school didn't let black kids attend, we wouldn't have an issue here.

When you support boycotts like this, of course you are trying to MAKE people change. And it never ends there. It goes from this, to petitions to the league to kick out the Christian school, to lawsuits to make them change their hiring practices.

And this is a bad thing, why?

I'd go a step further. If your church preaches homophobia, you are excluded from tax exemptions, and have to pay taxes like any other business. Once real money is involved, you'd be AMAZED how fast God changes his mind.

Just ask Bob Jones and the Mormons how fast God changed his mind on race once they were told they couldn't use that excuse anymore.

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.
No one saw any idiocy from them

Those like you making such claims are liars and proven so by the video

And yet the progressive school people are discriminating against the christian school.

Two wrongs only make a right in the addled mind of the progressive

Nothing wrong with what the progressive school is doing. they are saying, "We don't want to associate with bigots."

If this school didn't let black kids attend, we wouldn't have an issue here.
Except there is no evidence of bigotry

Except there is no evidence of bigotry

Sure there is... They just dress it up in religion and claim it isn't.

So one more time.

THIS IS SILLY.
upload_2019-2-2_6-19-25.jpeg

THIS IS STILL SILLY
images

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.

I'm guessing that the "progressive" school was getting their little "participation trophy" asses handed to them by the Christian school so they felt "uncomfortable" because they always lost when they played them! Anyone look at the records between the two schools?

No there is not

CIte one piece of evidence that this specific school teaches bigotry.

They teach homosexuality is wrong. Bigots.

I'm guessing that the "progressive" school was getting their little "participation trophy" asses handed to them by the Christian school so they felt "uncomfortable" because they always lost when they played them! Anyone look at the records between the two schools?

Yes, that must be it.. People couldn't possibly want to condemn homophobia in this day in age.

No there is not

CIte one piece of evidence that this specific school teaches bigotry.

They teach homosexuality is wrong. Bigots.

Yes, that must be it.. People couldn't possibly want to condemn homophobia in this day in age.

So they keep playing the "homophobes" but only at their home venue? Yeah...that must be it! (eye roll)

What's most disturbing about the progressive school's stance on this is the mention of them preparing to chant things at the visiting team and put up signs supporting a gay and transgender agenda. So it's "uncomfortable" for their students to simply visit the other school where to the best of my knowledge no behavior like that has ever taken place but it's OK for them to deliberately try and make the visiting students from the Christian school feel extremely uncomfortable? "Progressives" have lost their minds.

Forum List

Back