Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

It's a given that they forfeit, Cecilie. That's what makes it a principled stance - because the parents of the Christian school kids need someone else to teach their kids basic principles of anti discrimination in society. That's really sad, too.

And yet the progressive school people are discriminating against the christian school.

Two wrongs only make a right in the addled mind of the progressive.
So, the Christian school is WRONG for their discrimination now? Can I mark you down for that in virtue of saying "two" wrongs?

In your view they are wrong, and then you go with the wrong of being passive aggressive ninnys.

But you see it as a "right" which makes you a passive aggressive ninny enabler.

If I had kids I wouldn't send them to either school, but that doesn't mean I want to make the schools change what they do.
I don't want to MAKE anyone do ANYTHING - it seems your Authoritarian bent is the one who wants to MAKE kids play a game because you disagree with their form of protest.

When you support boycotts like this, of course you are trying to MAKE people change. And it never ends there. It goes from this, to petitions to the league to kick out the Christian school, to lawsuits to make them change their hiring practices.
no, speech is the antithesis of force..thats its virtue. you just dont like your pet bigotries being eroded. oh well

You are again confusing the basketball court with the school's mission statements, and by extension their admission and employment policies.

You need all to be on the same field, and they are not.
I'm not confused, Marty - and I've already addressed directly what my view is.

If this was a school that banned black folks - this would be an EXPECTED protest.

BUUUuuuuuUt,

Since society is so far behind in ridding itself of homophobia, this seems new and weird to do. It's okay, the Country is catching up! Same way they did on Marriage.

It's not weird at all, a person should not be Banned from some-place because of their legal sexual disposition, just like they shouldn't be banned because of their racial dispositions. It's prehistoric to accept this level of bigotry, or to dignify it at all. Others using their 1st Amendment against it gives them a choice: learn from it, or continue down the broken path. Dispositions are our natural state of being, and when they're not criminal and infringing on anyone - casting them out is a disgusting thing to do. ESPECIALLY if they're children, it's actually pretty disgusting!

That is your opinion, and the opinion of the left. Plenty of religious people still see homosexuality is as sinful. Do not mistake tolerance for acceptance, and do not assume tolerance will continue if acceptance is forced.

The progressive school's leaders are using children for political purposes, which is the only disgusting thing going on.

Bullshit. Fighting bigotry & stupidity is not using children, it is protecting them from bigots & zealots like you.

No, it's using props for your own addled agenda. Own up to it, snowflake.

It is you defending bigotry, as usual.

Defending freedom. If the bigotry has no force behind it, no government power, then it is a price to pay for a free society.

And yet the progressive school people are discriminating against the christian school.

Two wrongs only make a right in the addled mind of the progressive.
So, the Christian school is WRONG for their discrimination now? Can I mark you down for that in virtue of saying "two" wrongs?

In your view they are wrong, and then you go with the wrong of being passive aggressive ninnys.

If I had kids I wouldn't send them to either school, but that doesn't mean I want to make the schools change what they do.
I don't want to MAKE anyone do ANYTHING - it seems your Authoritarian bent is the one who wants to MAKE kids play a game because you disagree with their form of protest.

When you support boycotts like this, of course you are trying to MAKE people change. And it never ends there. It goes from this, to petitions to the league to kick out the Christian school, to lawsuits to make them change their hiring practices.
no, speech is the antithesis of force..thats its virtue. you just dont like your pet bigotries being eroded. oh well

The force is the work behind the words, when you try to remove people from society via your words, you are using force.

My issue is again the freedom of others to live how they see fit, not to force them to behave and think they way the prevailing winds want them to.

My views on homosexuality are not material, and I disagree mostly with the Christian school, but I defend their right to set their own rules in this instance, and to not be shamed for it.

I'm not confused, Marty - and I've already addressed directly what my view is.

If this was a school that banned black folks - this would be an EXPECTED protest.

BUUUuuuuuUt,

Since society is so far behind in ridding itself of homophobia, this seems new and weird to do. It's okay, the Country is catching up! Same way they did on Marriage.

It's not weird at all, a person should not be Banned from some-place because of their legal sexual disposition, just like they shouldn't be banned because of their racial dispositions. It's prehistoric to accept this level of bigotry, or to dignify it at all. Others using their 1st Amendment against it gives them a choice: learn from it, or continue down the broken path. Dispositions are our natural state of being, and when they're not criminal and infringing on anyone - casting them out is a disgusting thing to do. ESPECIALLY if they're children, it's actually pretty disgusting!

That is your opinion, and the opinion of the left. Plenty of religious people still see homosexuality is as sinful. Do not mistake tolerance for acceptance, and do not assume tolerance will continue if acceptance is forced.

The progressive school's leaders are using children for political purposes, which is the only disgusting thing going on.

Bullshit. Fighting bigotry & stupidity is not using children, it is protecting them from bigots & zealots like you.

Defending freedom. If the bigotry has no force behind it, no government power, then it is a price to pay for a free society.

Defending bigotry, like I said. Ahhhh the freedom to a bigot and not have anyone call you out on it. Your dream.

The force is the work behind the words, when you try to remove people from society via your words, you are using force.

My issue is again the freedom of others to live how they see fit, not to force them to behave and think they way the prevailing winds want them to.

My views on homosexuality are not material, and I disagree mostly with the Christian school, but I defend their right to set their own rules in this instance, and to not be shamed for it.
Free speech is one of the Virtues of the Enlightenment period. If you cannot stand it, its a function of what the speech is saying and not of disliking the Virtue of free speech.

One would hope.

Then, why don't you support others who do not want to support them? Why isn't my freedom NOT to hase my kids go there for an event?

Defending bigotry, like I said. Ahhhh the freedom to a bigot and not have anyone call you out on it. Your dream.

bigotry isn't a crime. Sorry, but I don't feel the need to punish thoughtcrime, or go after people who use the political process to get what they want.

Free speech is one of the Virtues of the Enlightenment period. If you cannot stand it, its a function of what the speech is saying and not of disliking the Virtue of free speech.

One would hope.

It's when you back up your speech with consequences to someone else's speech that the issue appears.

This isn't trying to convince the others to change their mind, it's to shun them and force them to submit.

Then, why don't you support others who do not want to support them? Why isn't my freedom NOT to hase my kids go there for an event?

Have I said anything involving stopping the school from following through with their idiotic boycott?

I am criticising them, I am not running to the government to punish them, nor calling for a counter-boycott.

One would hope.

It's when you back up your speech with consequences to someone else's speech that the issue appears.

This isn't trying to convince the others to change their mind, it's to shun them and force them to submit.
Shunning is speech.

It allows the ideas of merit to STAND on their merit, and then others can decide based on the merit who to stand WITH.

Thats the beauty of Liberty.

One would hope.

Just what was done to destroy the former Boy Scouts.

One would hope.

Shunning is speech.

It allows the ideas of merit to STAND on their merit, and then others can decide based on the merit who to stand WITH.

Shunning is an action, not speech. Trying to get others to shun as well is speech in the furtherance of a greater action.

Trying to shame people who think differently than you isn't liberty, it's tyranny.

One would hope.

Just what was done to destroy the former Boy Scouts.

David Burge on Twitter

David Burge‏ @iowahawkblog
1. Identify a respected institution.
2. kill it.
3. gut it.
4. wear its carcass as a skin suit, while demanding respect.
#lefties

One would hope.

Shunning is speech.

Shunning is an action, not speech. Trying to get others to shun as well is speech in the furtherance of a greater action.

Trying to shame people who think differently than you isn't liberty, it's tyranny.
Thats just hurt feelings.

Theres no tyranny of ideas, theyre non physical. The Christian school's Counter Speech, their Ban, will either be supported socially or not. This is what happens when you engage in an open society. If it hurtd your feelings, go on out there and pick a side....thats what you could do, as a Citizen. Liberty.

One would hope.

Shunning is speech.

Theres no tyranny of ideas, theyre non physical. The Christian school's Counter Speech, their Ban, will either be supported socially or not. This is what happens when you engage in an open society. If it hurtd your feelings, go on out there and pick a side....thats what you could do, as a Citizen. Liberty.

One does not always have to pick a side, that assumes a zero sum game.

Both schools can keep their views without having to shun one another.

What we are seeing however is Butt Hurt on the part of the Progressive School.

One would hope.

Shunning is speech.

Youll forgive me if I see the other way around....the one school is expressing their view in the way they freely wish and youre upset aboit it. Actually, both schools are freely expressing their views.

Liberty.

Shunning is speech.

Youll forgive me if I see the other way around....the one school is expressing their view in the way they freely wish and youre upset aboit it. Actually, both schools are freely expressing their views.

Liberty.

Not Liberty. liberty would be both coexisting with only dialogue between the two. Once you take an action, as this is, and forcing a reaction, you are beyond speech.

Shunning is speech.

Liberty.

Not Liberty. liberty would be both coexisting with only dialogue between the two. Once you take an action, as this is, and forcing a reaction, you are beyond speech.
Seems like speech to me.

I certainly got their message. And here I am, using my speech to agree with it. I value their opinion, because it aligns with my personal morals, and so my speech would be to be in 100% agreement with their speech...

which magically isnt speech to you even though Im able to receive its message.

This is just your coping mechanism because you dont like their exercise of protest.

Liberty.

Seems like speech to me.

I certainly got their message. And here I am, using my speech to agree with it. I value their opinion, because it aligns with my personal morals, and so my speech would be to be in 100% agreement with their speech...

which magically isnt speech to you even though I able to receive its message.

This is just your coping mechanism because you dont like their exercise of protest.

When you only like speech you agree with, you are not supporting free speech.

Again, speech is saying "those people suck". Action is refusing to play in a sanctioned game because of butt hurt.

Liberty.

Seems like speech to me.

which magically isnt speech to you even though I able to receive its message.

When you only like speech you agree with, you are not supporting free speech.

Again, speech is saying "those people suck". Action is refusing to play in a sanctioned game because of butt hurt.
False!

When you want to force opposing speech from happening with FORCE, THATS surely not free speech...

but where the fuck do you get the idea that free speech has to be speech that anyone agrees with?

seems youre the only one butthurt over a lawful protest. you dont like their speech, wont even CALL it speech though it clearly is...because you received its message and it was lawful.

Sour milk is all youre doing. Man the fuck up and quit whining.

Forum List

Back