Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

You are again confusing the basketball court with the school's mission statements, and by extension their admission and employment policies.

You need all to be on the same field, and they are not.
I'm not confused, Marty - and I've already addressed directly what my view is.

If this was a school that banned black folks - this would be an EXPECTED protest.

BUUUuuuuuUt,

Since society is so far behind in ridding itself of homophobia, this seems new and weird to do. It's okay, the Country is catching up! Same way they did on Marriage.

It's not weird at all, a person should not be Banned from some-place because of their legal sexual disposition, just like they shouldn't be banned because of their racial dispositions. It's prehistoric to accept this level of bigotry, or to dignify it at all. Others using their 1st Amendment against it gives them a choice: learn from it, or continue down the broken path. Dispositions are our natural state of being, and when they're not criminal and infringing on anyone - casting them out is a disgusting thing to do. ESPECIALLY if they're children, it's actually pretty disgusting!

That is your opinion, and the opinion of the left. Plenty of religious people still see homosexuality is as sinful. Do not mistake tolerance for acceptance, and do not assume tolerance will continue if acceptance is forced.

The progressive school's leaders are using children for political purposes, which is the only disgusting thing going on.
Protest is not force.
Law and violence is force.

They did it the right way, and you don't like their Opinion.

Your opinion is just as great as anyone else's - but Racists are typically shunned, fired, booted and not taken very seriously and so will go the same for homophobes. It's progress, and our acceptance of others and no longer burning them at the stake can be directly correlated on a graph with our drastic reduction in Violence.

Have you seen this?

The statistics are actually pretty great. Sorry if you're old and had to go through that whole 80s thing but - it's much safer per capita today.

When you use the bully pulpit of opinion, when you shun anyone that doesn't agree with you, you are using force. Stop trying to kid yourself.

The right way would have been to wear a patch, or hold up signs and such. Refusing to play, and by extension making the league choose between schools is force.

Sorry, but unless you eliminate every single mainline religion, or change them into things not remotely the same as they are now, then you will not get people to accept homosexualty as normal.

Frankly, the league should inform Bigot High School that if they do not show up to the game where and when it has been scheduled, they will forfeit the game to their opponents. I believe that is the standard rule in high school leagues for no-shows.
It's a given that they forfeit, Cecilie. That's what makes it a principled stance - because the parents of the Christian school kids need someone else to teach their kids basic principles of anti discrimination in society. That's really sad, too.

I guess "can't we all just get along" isn't going to work anymore.

Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

The school in question did not go out of their way to advertise their viewpoints, they were thrust into the limelight because Pence's wife had the audacity to work there, and the media decided to make them a "Christians bad" story.

I particularly like these parts:

So they asked to hold all the games on their home court, because, you know, uncomfortable, and then the person said they would go out of their way to make the other schools kids be uncomfortable as possible.

What a display of doublethink.
Why expose school children to a bunch of bigoted fucks.

Because maybe they can learn to deal with people who disagree with them instead of trying to ruin or shun them?

That they learn that their views are not the be all end all?
Ignoring bigotry is not the answer. There is no putting up with bigotry, hatred, and racism.

So basically all religious people either have to ignore their religion or go into camps?
If they use it as an excuse to be bigots, yes.

Christianity does not exclude gay people, neither do Christians.

"Christianity doesn't believe this . . . in the version I wrote!"

Why can't Sheridan parents and their children keep their children away from these people? Let the the ICS go play with their own kind. This is so funny, coming on the heels of the ICS types barking about who they don't want to associate with.

Why can't Sheridan parents and their children keep their children away from these people? Let the the ICS go play with their own kind. This is so funny, coming on the heels of the ICS types barking about who they don't want to associate with.

That's two different questions, Brain Trust. No one has suggested that Sheridan can't segregate themselves away into little enclaves of like-minded elitists preening themselves on how tolerantly they spread hate and bigotry. We just pointed out that they ARE hate-filled, bigoted, and hypocritical. As are you, just FYI.

However, to say that Sheridan doesn't approve of ICS and therefore ICS should be isolated is something else entirely. And the answer to "Why can't we ghettoize people who refuse to toe our party line" would require a level of intelligence, decency, and humanity that you clearly don't have. In other words, if you have to ask, you're too primitive and evil to understand.

That's just more immature name calling, Marty. Your reasoning was incompetent, and now you're the keyboard warrior archetype as a backup?

This site's entertaining!!

you get what you deserve. All you do is word games and circular arguments. you try to justify bigotry due to bigotry with a straight face, and you ignore any point you know weakens you argument.

The only thing left is to try to figure out who's sock you are.
The argument that is circular is yours, by saying school x's bigotry is more noble than school Y's, because snowflake. The lack of coherence is actually pretty gross.

You are again confusing the basketball court with the school's mission statements, and by extension their admission and employment policies.

If this was a school that banned black folks - this would be an EXPECTED protest.

BUUUuuuuuUt,

Since society is so far behind in ridding itself of homophobia, this seems new and weird to do. It's okay, the Country is catching up! Same way they did on Marriage.

It's not weird at all, a person should not be Banned from some-place because of their legal sexual disposition, just like they shouldn't be banned because of their racial dispositions. It's prehistoric to accept this level of bigotry, or to dignify it at all. Others using their 1st Amendment against it gives them a choice: learn from it, or continue down the broken path. Dispositions are our natural state of being, and when they're not criminal and infringing on anyone - casting them out is a disgusting thing to do. ESPECIALLY if they're children, it's actually pretty disgusting!

That is your opinion, and the opinion of the left. Plenty of religious people still see homosexuality is as sinful. Do not mistake tolerance for acceptance, and do not assume tolerance will continue if acceptance is forced.

The progressive school's leaders are using children for political purposes, which is the only disgusting thing going on.

Bullshit. Fighting bigotry & stupidity is not using children, it is protecting them from bigots & zealots like you.

The argument that is circular is yours, by saying school x's bigotry is more noble than school Y's, because snowflake. The lack of coherence is actually pretty gross.

BUUUuuuuuUt,

Protest is not force.
Law and violence is force.

They did it the right way, and you don't like their Opinion.

Your opinion is just as great as anyone else's - but Racists are typically shunned, fired, booted and not taken very seriously and so will go the same for homophobes. It's progress, and our acceptance of others and no longer burning them at the stake can be directly correlated on a graph with our drastic reduction in Violence.

Have you seen this?

The statistics are actually pretty great. Sorry if you're old and had to go through that whole 80s thing but - it's much safer per capita today.

When you use the bully pulpit of opinion, when you shun anyone that doesn't agree with you, you are using force. Stop trying to kid yourself.

The right way would have been to wear a patch, or hold up signs and such. Refusing to play, and by extension making the league choose between schools is force.

Sorry, but unless you eliminate every single mainline religion, or change them into things not remotely the same as they are now, then you will not get people to accept homosexualty as normal.
I don;t agree with abusing women so I should just stand back & say nothing.

Funny chit coming from the anti-abortion crowd.

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.
The last chapter of the Bible tells you...."buy and sell"......."buy and sell"....."buy and sell". Humans get to a point that it has to be someone elses fault. Whether of faith or secular. It is there.

We might argue about it but the Christians are probably glad they don't have to play with the pervs. After all, the perverts are protected. A Christian team cannot refuse to play perverts. Not so with degenerates. They can force, or try to force, others to be degenerate pervs.

The Christians are right.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.

Or maybe they were hyper-partisan douche bags like you.
Yeah sorry, the entire system is nothing to support, let alone "one" side or the "other".

We might argue about it but the Christians are probably glad they don't have to play with the pervs. After all, the perverts are protected. A Christian team cannot refuse to play perverts. Not so with degenerates. They can force, or try to force, others to be degenerate pervs.

The Christians are right.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, see your priest or philandering mega church prosperity pastor.

Maybe you should post in something other than mindless slogans that don't really relate to the conversation.
There is no conversation here, get real, just mindless hissyfitting.

Maybe the pa
Multiculturalism is about culture. MULTI CULTURALISM.

THe progressives at the one school, can't deal with the fact that another school has a different culture.

Multiculturalism has failed. Indeed, considering your response, one has to question whether it was ever meant to succeed.
Of what "culture" is ICS?

Some type of Evangelical Christian it seems. And the progressives cant' abide by it. It offends them and their bigotry.

Maybe Sheridan parents simply don't want their children exposed to evangelical bigots. Why can't they shield their children?

1. The irony that you would generalize that all evangelicals are bigots. You have the self awareness of a potted plant. A dead potted plant.

2. THe article discussed how they were not only NOT playing at the other's school, but had tactics to try to offend and harass the students when they came to play at their school.

3. That you support this bigotry, is further proof that multiculturalism is dead, if it was ever real to begin with.

So how can Sheridan parents keep their kids from coming into contact with ICS kids?

Private schools and economic segregation, the American way.

Maybe you should post in something other than mindless slogans that don't really relate to the conversation.

Certainly all you’re adding.

The ban on shellfish was Mosaic law, never applied to gentiles. It was Old Covenant law abolished by the New Covenant. In fact Jesus himself spoke of it. Go find it instead of looking stupid pretending you know jack about it.

Actually, not really. Mark's Jesus declared all foods kosher, but Matthew's Jesus said the law applies to all. Just ask the Seventh Day Adventists, they still follow the Mosiac law.

But that begs he obvious question, why did GOd/Jesus feel the need to say it was okay to eat Shellfish now, but he couldn't take the time to say "Slavery is bad."

Feel the BUrn, Fat Irish Sow.

Kids learn to be a bigoted fuck like you. Sorry, but if we want to learn to live together all you are doing is forcing this country towards a reckoning that cowards like you will not end up seeing the end of.

GUy, you backward ass bible thumpers are the ones on your way out, not the rest of us... You guys are on the wrong side of history on this one. future generations will be explaining you away like you have to explain away the guys in the Klan robes.

Actually, not really. Mark's Jesus declared all foods kosher, but Matthew's Jesus said the law applies to all. Just ask the Seventh Day Adventists, they still follow the Mosiac law.

But that begs he obvious question, why did GOd/Jesus feel the need to say it was okay to eat Shellfish now, but he couldn't take the time to say "Slavery is bad."

Feel the BUrn, Fat Irish Sow.
The Bible and Slavery | Evidence Unseen
Have you ever considered that the slavery of thousands of years in antiquity is not like the slavery we have seen in the last few hundred years?
Maybe if you weren't so busy being a contentious prick you would know. Haters of Christianity are always enjoying their hate too much to actually inform themselves about the things they go on about.

If by "here" you mean spewing from your worthless cakehole, then you are correct.

That's two different questions, Brain Trust. No one has suggested that Sheridan can't segregate themselves away into little enclaves of like-minded elitists preening themselves on how tolerantly they spread hate and bigotry. We just pointed out that they ARE hate-filled, bigoted, and hypocritical. As are you, just FYI.

However, to say that Sheridan doesn't approve of ICS and therefore ICS should be isolated is something else entirely. And the answer to "Why can't we ghettoize people who refuse to toe our party line" would require a level of intelligence, decency, and humanity that you clearly don't have. In other words, if you have to ask, you're too primitive and evil to understand.
You have got it back-asswards, as usual. ICS is a school run by hate-fillled, bigoted, hypocritical people. Maybe the Sheridan students and parents want to be kept away from associating with such people. You fundie pervs are the ones who want to isolate yourselves. Nobody here needs to deal with your cult. Why don't you move to Guyana? You fundie pervs originated the idea of excluding people from society, who did not want notions of intelligence, decency, and humanity to prevail.

You have got it back-asswards, as usual. ICS is a school run by hate-fillled, bigoted, hypocritical people. Maybe the Sheridan students and parents want to be kept away from associating with such people. You fundie pervs are the ones who want to isolate yourselves. Nobody here needs to deal with your cult. Why don't you move to Guyana? You fundie pervs originated the idea of excluding people from society, who did not want notions of intelligence, decency, and humanity to prevail.

Speaking of crazed, hate-filled bigots... ^^^^^

Forum List

Back