Kamala Harris' electric school bus boondoggle cost us $83 MILLION per bus

I FORGOT ONE OTHER KEY POINT:

RULE #!: Anything which generates electricity can be shorted out!

What this means is that we can spend 200 TRILLION dollars on the biggest, baddest electrical generation and transmission grid system ever conceived. We can run EVERYTHING off electricity!

Then all it takes is one really bad CME (solar flare from the Sun) or one EMP bomb from Iran, Nork, China or Russia exploded over the USA to TAKE EVERYTHING OUT.

Then you are SHIT OUTTA LUCK. You've put all your eggs in one basket and have NO POWER to run ANYTHING.

Current anticipated time to replace a single power transmission transformer? Between 1-4 fucking YEARS.

THAT is why we are throwing ourselves over a cliff with this mad rush to EV technology. If Russia took out our grid tomorrow (EMP/cyberattack, etc.) we could be back in the stone age for literally MONTHS if not years.
  • No heat
  • No refrigeration
  • No AC
  • No TV
  • No communication
  • No radio
  • No cellphones
  • No hospitals
  • No nothing.
Yep.... When I ran a utility grade power plant we waited months for replacement transformers and always tried to have extras on hand ahead of time. Lightening strikes were usually the culprit.

What you are or what you do for a living is irrelevant.

I bet you get your financial investment advice from your garbage man too, right?

I mean, if you'd listen to a QUACK like Kamala who has never run anything on how to run the WORLD, then you must take your investment advice from your grocer?

Yeah, don't listen to anything I tell you Jack, I mean, what would I know about electricity and electronics! :spinner:

Well, just following Obama's Solyndra et all BS. Plenty of money for kickbacks to Dem pols, though.

This woman is just plain awful. And I'm sure she just :adoreheart: the Yellen plan for spending $78,000 billion on AGW.

One of Kamala Harris's highest profile responsibilities as vice president has been spearheading the federal government's billion-dollar efforts to deploy thousands of electric buses across hundreds of school districts nationwide. But years into the program, only a small fraction of those projects have been completed while dozens of school districts have withdrawn from the program altogether.
As part of the first tranche of Clean School Bus program funding two years ago, Harris and EPA administrator Michael Regan unleashed nearly $1 billion in federal rebates for 389 school districts across all 50 states to help deliver a total 2,463 electric school buses. According to federal data reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon, just 27 of those districts have proven to the EPA that their buses were delivered and that their diesel-fueled buses being replaced have been discarded.
Collectively, those districts have deployed a total of 60 battery-electric or low-emissions propane-fueled school buses. And 55 additional districts have pulled out of the program, according to other federal data shared with the Free Beacon, citing a variety of technological and infrastructure concerns. In other words: More school districts have withdrawn from the program than proven that they have completed it.
"EPA anticipates that transitioning to new technology school buses will take time, which is why the project period is two years with an option to extend where needed and justified," said EPA spokeswoman Shayla Powell.
Powell didn't deny that 60 school buses have been deployed as part of the program, but she explained that districts still have three months until the EPA's deadline to either file close-out documentation showing they have obtained the buses and scrapped old buses, or file for an extension. The wide time frame is designed to give districts time to test the new buses out and integrate them into their fleet. Powell didn't say how many total buses may have been deployed in districts that have yet to file close-out materials.
The slow progression of the Clean School Bus program is a blow to the Biden-Harris administration as it seeks to quickly get billions of dollars in green energy and climate funding—earmarked in President Joe Biden's signature 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and 2022 Inflation Reduction Act—out the door. It's also a black eye for Harris, who has, in many ways, taken credit for the program, which she characterized earlier this year as an "investment in our children, their health, and their education."
The Clean School Bus program was created nearly three years ago as a provision of the 2021 infrastructure bill, which put aside $5 billion for the EPA to distribute in the form of rebates and grants over the course of five years. Since Harris's initial announcement, the agency has unveiled a $1 billion tranche of grants for 280 school districts and a second tranche of rebates, worth $900 million, for another 530 districts. None of those districts have deployed any buses under the program.
"This only makes economic sense if the bus is paid for with a grant like we received," Jeff Dicks, the superintendent of the Newell-Fonda and Albert City-Truesdale school systems in northern Iowa, told the Free Beacon. "The cost is so prohibitive that the cost savings are not worth it."

They forget that in the Northeast especially, winter gets pretty cold. Cold weather and those batteries don't play well together. Rochester in New York tried this with their public transportation and on the first cold day, the buses wouldn't start. And do you really want your child riding above a battery that size that could cause untold havoc if it explodes during an accident?

I FORGOT ONE OTHER KEY POINT:

RULE #!: Anything which generates electricity can be shorted out!

What this means is that we can spend 200 TRILLION dollars on the biggest, baddest electrical generation and transmission grid system ever conceived. We can run EVERYTHING off electricity!

Then all it takes is one really bad CME (solar flare from the Sun) or one EMP bomb from Iran, Nork, China or Russia exploded over the USA to TAKE EVERYTHING OUT.

Then you are SHIT OUTTA LUCK. You've put all your eggs in one basket and have NO POWER to run ANYTHING.

Current anticipated time to replace a single power transmission transformer? Between 1-4 fucking YEARS.

THAT is why we are throwing ourselves over a cliff with this mad rush to EV technology. If Russia took out our grid tomorrow (EMP/cyberattack, etc.) we could be back in the stone age for literally MONTHS if not years.
  • No heat
  • No refrigeration
  • No AC
  • No TV
  • No communication
  • No radio
  • No cellphones
  • No hospitals
  • No nothing.
Well, this is more of an issue with infrastructure funding, which has been an issue for decades.

They forget that in the Northeast especially, winter gets pretty cold. Cold weather and those batteries don't play well together. Rochester in New York tried this with their public transportation and on the first cold day, the buses wouldn't start. And do you really want your child riding above a battery that size that could cause untold havoc if it explodes during an accident?
There are some new concerns about low grade radiative energies emanating from the batteries....to be further investigated.

Whoah.... Lol.....phew....a veritable guillotine of a post!
040891da7461bf50e94300448af55ab8.png

Now that it has been discovered that DC fast charging kicks the shit out of the batteries
Fast charging is the worst. Best case for any batterry is a trickle charge. Any EV owners want to wait hours or days for a fill up?

Also the size of the conducting wires continues to grow due to the high amperage passing through them. At some point a charging lead will be too heavy to pick up. It's almost there now in the winter time with the four gauge leads attached to the 600 volt DC chargers.
There is always silver! Maybe a super-conducting cable? Can't you just see people ripping off solid silver cables everywhere? It is ridiculous.

The charging system in the vehicle will cut back on the Flow to avoid thermal shock from uneven heat distribution.

View attachment 986630

Fast charging is the worst. Best case for any batterry is a trickle charge. Any EV owners want to wait hours or days for a fill up?

There is always silver! Maybe a super-conducting cable? Can't you just see people ripping off solid silver cables everywhere? It is ridiculous.
Bwahhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhhh....you're cracking me up today.... You can't make this shit up!

You should be smart enough to know that technology advances.
If there are limitations (and yes there are with electric cars right now), there will be innovations to get around those limitations..or new ways will be found (as you've pointed out).

I gotta tell you Jack---

If all that is true (and some of it kinda IS and some of it kinda ISN'T) then, DO YOU REALIZE that you just made the best argument in the world to just stay with internal combustion???

Because, given enough TIME, TECHNOLOGY, MONEY, RESEARCH and INNOVATIONS, we stand JUST AS GOOD or maybe BETTER chance of just making our current ICE cars green, non-polluting and climate friendly.

But government doesn't want that because they are trying to put Big Oil out of business so their buddies in Green Energy can get rich.

Just as they went after Big Tobacco.

View attachment 986630

I know! We can have giant Tesla coils in the middle of the parking lots charging hundreds of cars surrounding them with half million volt induction! Lol....

The The driver's can sit in their cars and have their brains melted while waiting for a full charge! Lololol...

Hell, they'll hardly notice how long it takes! Problem solved... Hahahaha

Last edited:
Well, this is more of an issue with infrastructure funding, which has been an issue for decades.

You really do live in a simplistic black and white universe. Don't you. You smell much more of BUREAUCRAT than actual practical ENGINEER. You really think that all that's involved in making new high-tension transformers is MONEY?

Do you have ANY IDEA Jack the number of plant step up, substation step down, and community distribution step down transformers and the raw materials and hazardous materials really needed to make Joe's creampuff fantasy of an EV world a reality?

Then, it can all be taken out in a single night by one terrorist with an EMP exploded high over the country.

You really do live in a simplistic black and white universe. Don't you. You smell much more of BUREAUCRAT than actual practical ENGINEER. You really think that all that's involved in making new high-tension transformers is MONEY?

Do you have ANY IDEA Jack the number of plant step up, substation step down, and community distribution step down transformers and the raw materials and hazardous materials really needed to make Joe's creampuff fantasy of an EV world a reality?

Then, it can all be taken out in a single night by one terrorist with an EMP exploded high over the country.
You've made it plain you fear the technology.

And yes, money is the main ingredient for making transformers...and just about everything else. Without it, you don't buy the steel, the components, the wiring, and the rest of everything else. Money really does make the world go round. :)

And yes, money is the main ingredient for making transformers...and just about everything else. Without it, you don't buy the steel, the components, the wiring, and the rest of everything else. Money really does make the world go round. :)
It's not fear buddy....trust me it's not fear.

The maintenance would be exponentially massive.... unsustainable I think. Conductors crystallize and need to be replaced. On the scale we're talking about you would need an entire second population of non-commuters just to tend to it 24/7.

Last edited:
I know! We can have giant Tesla coils in the middle of the parking lots charging hundreds of cars surrounding them with half million volt induction! Lol....
The The driver's can sit in their cars and have their brains melted while waiting for a full charge! Lololol...
Hell, they'll hardly notice how long it takes! Problem solved... Hahahaha

DRIVER OF THE FUTURE REFILLING HIS EV GAS TANK:

https://media.sciencephoto.com/image/c0345133/800wm/C0345133-Tesla_coil_experiment,_1899.jpg

Not at all Jack, just that I spent my life working for impatient money that required quick, practical, effective results while being CAREFUL how I spent their money.

And yes, money is the main ingredient for making transformers...and just about everything else. Without it, you don't buy the steel, the components, the wiring, and the rest of everything else. Money really does make the world go round.
Money is just the start. It opens the doors but then you need to solve problems and create good solutions WITH that money.

Money is not an infinite resource, it only appears that way to governments when spending other people's money.

Not at all Jack, just that I spent my life working for impatient money that required quick, practical, effective results while being CAREFUL how I spent their money.

Money is just the start. It opens the doors but then you need to solve problems and create good solutions WITH that money.

Money is not an infinite resource, it only appears that way to governments when spending other people's money.
The initial installation would probably dwarf the GDP.... Multiply that times 5 for the upkeep.

Well..that's pretty much all of us. :)

Without the money, nothing happens. Period.

Forum List

Back