‘Progressives’ Want to Bring Back Forced Busing

Spelunking through the bowels of lefty history's produced another gem. First we heard about reparations for the first time in about fifty years and now forced busing.

What's next? Unilateral nuclear disarmament?

FORTY ACRES AND A MULE!!

Lol

"On Friday, Sen. Warren reiterated her support for forced federal school busing programs to ensure racial quotas. “I’m already on record on busing and using busing as a way to help communities that are diversifying,” Warren told reporters after a rally in Chicago."

Yeah, fuggin great, move to a good area for the schools, pay the taxes to support them, then bus my kids to some shithole crackhouse in the name of diversifying.

Ummmm, no.

Fuck no.

That's interesting. Your title says "Progressives" (which have been gone for a hundred years), then your OP switches tracks to "the Left", and then your link goes "Dems".
shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

what makes you think progressive left 100 yrs ago????

thats when they got here,,,

The Progressive Era: 1890-1920

>> The Progressive Era was a period of widespread social activism and political reform across the United States that spanned the 1890s to the 1920s.[1] The main objectives of the Progressive movement were eliminating problems caused by industrialization, urbanization, immigration, and political corruption. The movement primarily targeted political machines and their bosses. By taking down these corrupt representatives in office, a further means of direct democracy would be established. They also sought regulation of monopolies (trust busting) and corporations through antitrust laws, which were seen as a way to promote equal competition for the advantage of legitimate competitors. << --- Wiki
"Progressive" "the Left"; "the Left" "Dems", and just to keep up with the aimless flailing of the thread, "Dems" "Liberals" We should probably add that "Progressives" also "Dems" and "Liberals", that "the Left" "Liberals", and "Progressive" "Liberals". Did I leave any out?

Sorry but the only Progressive extant today is

flo.jpg

Apparently the OP is so caught up in his Argument from Emotion Eliminationism bullshit, that he literally doesn't know who he's talking about. It's a dead giveaway to the fact that a walk through the ocean of his reasoning, wouldn't even get your feet wet.

Last edited:
Weren't they fighting to stop it back in the day?

Moral pandering is much more important than the desires of the parents. The wishes of the parents are completely irrelevant.

I am a progressive who wants to break apart mega schools and have many more much smaller schools closer to home with smaller class sizes. In this regard, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So, you go girl...

That's interesting. Your title says "Progressives" (which have been gone for a hundred years), then your OP switches tracks to "the Left", and then your link goes "Dems".
shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

>> The Progressive Era was a period of widespread social activism and political reform across the United States that spanned the 1890s to the 1920s.[1] The main objectives of the Progressive movement were eliminating problems caused by industrialization, urbanization, immigration, and political corruption. The movement primarily targeted political machines and their bosses. By taking down these corrupt representatives in office, a further means of direct democracy would be established. They also sought regulation of monopolies (trust busting) and corporations through antitrust laws, which were seen as a way to promote equal competition for the advantage of legitimate competitors. << --- Wiki
"Progressive" ≠ "the Left"; "the Left" ≠ "Dems", and just to keep up with the aimless flailing of the thread, "Dems" ≠ "Liberals" We should probably add that "Progressive" also ≠ "Dems" and ≠ "Liberals", that "the Left" ≠ "Liberals", and "Progressive" ≠ "Liberals". Did I leave any out?

flo.jpg

Apparently the OP is so caught up in his Argument from Emotion Eliminationism bullshit, that he literally doesn't know who he's talking about.

then why are so many claiming to be progressives today???

sorry the progressive movement is alive and well in the USA

The 2020 Race Is Testing Progressives’ Power. They’re Pushing Back.

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

"Progressive" ≠ "the Left"; "the Left" ≠ "Dems", and just to keep up with the aimless flailing of the thread, "Dems" ≠ "Liberals" We should probably add that "Progressive" also ≠ "Dems" and ≠ "Liberals", that "the Left" ≠ "Liberals", and "Progressive" ≠ "Liberals". Did I leave any out?

flo.jpg

Apparently the OP is so caught up in his Argument from Emotion Eliminationism bullshit, that he literally doesn't know who he's talking about.

Where they use it as a noun, they're simply WRONG. Same as the OP.

You can't use the same noun for two different things in the same field. The Progressive Era ran its course. A hundred years ago.

Progressive the adjective is a whole 'nother smoke. Someone can claim to be progressive, but they can't claim to be a Progressive, unless they're a centenarian.

This is getting into the linguistic weeds though. The point remains, in three consecutive lines the OP conflated "Progressives" with "the Left" with "Dems", and those are STILL three different things.

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

flo.jpg

You can't use the same noun for two different things in the same field. The Progressive Era ran its course. A hundred years ago.

Progressive the adjective is a whole 'nother smoke. Someone can claim to be progressive, but they can't claim to be a Progressive, unless they're a centenarian.

thanks for your opinion, but I think i will take them at their words and actions,,,

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

flo.jpg

This is getting into the linguistic weeds though. The point remains, in three consecutive lines the OP conflated "Progressives" with "the Left" with "Dems", and those are STILL three different things.

thanks for your opinion, but I think i will take them at their words and actions,,,

You didn't address the conflation.

Suppose I call and order a "pizza". Then when the delivery driver gets here I go "no, when I say pizza I mean a burger and fries". You can't do that. Pizza means pizza; it does not mean a burger and fries. If I want a burger and fries, I've got to call it what it is.

Whelp --- that's what the OP has to do too --- get off his intellectual barcalounger and break a brain sweat to say what the fuck he means.

flo.jpg

Suppose I call and order a "pizza". Then when the delivery driver gets here I go "no, when I say pizza I mean a burger and fries". You can't do that. Pizza means pizza; it does not mean a burger and fries. If I want a burger and fries, I've got to call it what it is.

you will have to save your bullshit for another person,,,,

I'm not interested,,,

flo.jpg

Whelp --- that's what the OP has to do too --- get off his intellectual barcalounger and break a brain sweat to say what the fuck he means.

I'm not interested,,,

Then why did you just ask?

I'm not interested,,,

I asked why they claim to be progressives , not some mindless word game,,,,

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

"Progressive" "the Left"; "the Left" "Dems", and just to keep up with the aimless flailing of the thread, "Dems" "Liberals" We should probably add that "Progressives" also "Dems" and "Liberals", that "the Left" "Liberals", and "Progressive" "Liberals". Did I leave any out?

flo.jpg

Apparently the OP is so caught up in his Argument from Emotion Eliminationism bullshit, that he literally doesn't know who he's talking about. It's a dead giveaway to the fact that a walk through the ocean of his reasoning, wouldn't even get your feet wet.
Liberals/progressives/socialists same difference...
All being fucked in the head

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

flo.jpg

true liberals are in no way progressives,,,its that false label thats allowed them to advance their agenda,,,

Dana Perino was saying the other day how she walked three blocks to elementary school in Denver. Then busing came along and she rode it for over an hour to get to a black school with five other white kids. Although she didn't say it out loud, they got beat up, terrorized, and didn't learn much of anything, Her parents let it go on for the year and then moved out of Denver.

I'm not interested,,,

And you got your answer, and you can't handle it.

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

flo.jpg

true liberals are in no way progressives,,,its that false label thats allowed them to advance their agenda,,,
There is a big difference between liberal and a libertarian...

shakehead.gif

You lost bruh?

source.gif

flo.jpg

yeah,,,libertarian is a political party,,,

I'm not interested,,,

And you got your answer, and you can't handle it.

when your answer is dumb and the proof was on the podium last week, you are either clearly ignorant on the subject,,,or complicit,,,

flo.jpg

yeah,,,libertarian is a political party,,,
True, but The progressives own liberalism.
Libertarians have a lot more in common with conservatives

Forum List

Back