Project 2025

Looks like you accidentally left out a citation from Project 2025 which says that it will do that. Surely your side isn't just making things up, are you?
Qve1zNz.jpg

Trump has the magic sharpie. He can redirect hurricanes with it.

NOAA is first mentioned on page 664, then page 674 to 677

weather forecasting is now eliminated with the power of Trump's magic sharpie.
Great, now let's look at what it actually says.

Page 663-664:
"Many programs at the Department of Commerce overlap in whole or part with other governmental programs, and consolidating and streamlining these could increase both accountability and return on taxpayer investment. Any exercise in government-wide budgeting and reform should review the department with an eye toward consolidation, elimination, or privatization that examines the efficiency, effectiveness, and underlying philosophy of each individual component. Though not an exhaustive set of proposals, the next conservative President should consider whether:...

• The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories"
This is not saying that the NOAA should definitely be eliminated. So already we see the Democrats lying about this. Now let's get into some details. From page 674:

"The NWS [National Weather Service] provides data the private companies use and should focus on its data-gathering services. Because private companies rely on these data, the NWS should fully commercialize its forecasting operations."

So the NWS will continue to exist and sell data to the private sector which produces better weather forecasts than the NWS. So you still get weather reports.

"The National Hurricane Center and National Environmental Satellite Service data centers provide important public safety and business functions as well as academic functions, and are used by forecasting agencies and scientists internationally. Data continuity is an important issue in climate science. Data collected by the department should be presented neutrally, without adjustments intended to support any one side in the climate debate."

So these centers don't disappear they simply become depoliticized, as science should be.

"Transfer NOS [National Ocean Service] Survey Functions to the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Geological Survey."

So this is reorganization not elimination.

"Streamline NMFS. Overlap exists between the National Marine Fisheries Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Overly simplified, the NMFS handles saltwater species while the Fish and Wildlife Service focuses on fresh water. The goals of these two agencies should be streamlined."

Streamlining is not the same as eliminating.

"Downsize the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research. OAR provides theoretical science, as opposed to the applied science of the National Hurricane Center. OAR is, however, the source of much of NOAA’s climate alarmism. The preponderance of its climate-change research should be disbanded. OAR is a large network of research laboratories, an undersea research center, and several joint research institutes with universities. These operations should be reviewed with an aim of consolidation and reduction of bloat."

Downsizing is not the same as elimination. They want to get rid of waste and politicization; two things that Democrats hate.

"The Office of Marine and Aviation Operations, which provides the ships and planes used by NOAA agencies, should be broken up and its assets reassigned to the General Services Administration or to other agencies."

So reorganization, not elimination.

"Scientific agencies like NOAA are vulnerable to obstructionism of an Administration’s aims if political appointees are not wholly in sync with Administration policy. Particular attention must be paid to appointments in this area."

Imagine that, they want policy to be determined by elected representatives not unelected bureaucrats. They must hate democracy.

"The Office of Space Commerce is the executive branch advocate on behalf of the U.S. commercial space industry. This office should be the vehicle for a new Administration to set a robust and unified whole-of-government commercial space policy that cements U.S. leadership in one of the most crucial industries of the future."

This is basically the opposite of elimination.

Imagine my shock to discover that Democrats lied about the Heritage Foundation's policy on the NOAA.

Great, now let's look at what it actually says.

Page 663-664:
"Many programs at the Department of Commerce overlap in whole or part with other governmental programs, and consolidating and streamlining these could increase both accountability and return on taxpayer investment. Any exercise in government-wide budgeting and reform should review the department with an eye toward consolidation, elimination, or privatization that examines the efficiency, effectiveness, and underlying philosophy of each individual component. Though not an exhaustive set of proposals, the next conservative President should consider whether:...

• The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories"
This is not saying that the NOAA should definitely be eliminated. So already we see the Democrats lying about this. Now let's get into some details. From page 674:

Dismantled means eliminate. The rest of your nonsense that you cut and pasted from your handlers answer isn't any better.

Imagine my shock to discover that Democrats lied about the Heritage Foundation's policy on the NOAA.
Imagine to my shock.....nope....no shock here when you show just how friggin stupid you really are.

Dismantled means eliminate. The rest of your nonsense that you cut and pasted from your handlers answer isn't any better.

Imagine to my shock.....nope....no shock here when you show just how friggin stupid you really are.
It's funny that you can't produce any counter-arguments since I gave direct quotes from the document itself. You're a Democrat so I'm not surprised that you lie about this stuff.

It's funny that you can't produce any counter-arguments since I gave direct quotes from the document itself. You're a Democrat so I'm not surprised that you lie about this stuff.

You don't bother reading my response. You just shut down your mind and fire up your mouth and go for it. And I am a Conservative Republican without a party at this time. You are just about to find out how that feels very soon as we start cleansing the gunk you are going to leave behind. Drano may do the trick.

And you can stop lying about what Project 2025 is. It's not working. It's part of that gunk that we need to clean out.

You don't bother reading my response. You just shut down your mind and fire up your mouth and go for it. And I am a Conservative Republican without a party at this time. You are just about to find out how that feels very soon as we start cleansing the gunk you are going to leave behind. Drano may do the trick.
I read your non-response. Quote me where Project 2025 says that it's going to eliminate/dismantle the NOAA.
And you can stop lying about what Project 2025 is. It's not working. It's part of that gunk that we need to clean out.
I provided direct quotes based on the page numbers that you gave me. Your so-called response ignored every one of these quotes. Pathetic.

I read your non-response. Quote me where Project 2025 says that it's going to eliminate/dismantle the NOAA.

I provided direct quotes based on the page numbers that you gave me. Your so-called response ignored every one of these quotes. Pathetic.

Just stop it. You are part of a cult and the sooner you John Birchers go back to pushing your "Get us out of the UN" the better we all will be.

Why are you dodging the quoted material? Afraid?

Why are you pushing it so hard when what it really does is remove the rights of hundreds of millions. And, newsflash: it's going to remove rights for you as well but you are too cultish to figure that out.

Besides, when your Orange Cheeto stops denying it and lays out the plans, I will comment on it. Until then, you MAGAt Cultists will just have to wait.

Forum List

Back