🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy

Oh god, ok I get it! Anything Obama does comes from either badness or dumbness. No bias there.

I guess since now the speech is on the date of the first football game it's because he's trying to upstage the NFL.

Since it has been established that the White House knew about the debate, and scheduled the speech anyway, we are left with very few explanations that do not include one or the other. I prefer both myself, but that is my bias.

Oh god, ok I get it! Anything Obama does comes from either badness or dumbness. No bias there.

I guess since now the speech is on the date of the first football game it's because he's trying to upstage the NFL.
It's all just part of phony outrage. The GOP and conservative media wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't inspire righteous moral outrage...over things that don't deserve such hysteria...at every possible chance.

These guys/girls who get furious over everything Obama does, never remember that for everything Obama has done that makes them mad...a Republican has done that too.

How is Boehner's rationale relevant to the deliberate scheduling conflict?

Oh yeah...It's not.

Because youe pretending the debate had anything to do with the delay in his speech. When it isn't, it was security reasons

Hogwash! I don't care what Boehner says. The issue had nothing to do with security. President Obama chose that date because of the debate and Boehner chose to let him off easy by using the security excuse.

Immie

Your acting obtuse if you are proposing that addressing a joint session during a major political event where some of those he was supposed to address are required to be there is not trying to upstage them. The football game has nothing to do with politics and therefore he is not trying to upstage the NFL. I would not have picked that day if I were him though. Most Americans would rather watch a football game that has no effect on life than the inner workings of our political system that has a drastic effect on life.

Maybe he chose the date because the NFL has unions! Yeah! Thats it!

Don't be silly. Obama can't upstage the NFL.

But he can the Republican Debate tho right? Suuuuure, Everyone was going to forget about the debate if Obama was allowed to speak that day! Yeah, that's it!

But he can the Republican Debate tho right? Suuuuure, Everyone was going to forget about the debate if Obama was allowed to speak that day! Yeah, that's it!

Don't know about that, its possible he would have gotten worse Neilson ratings than the debate though. Ouch!

Don't know about that, its possible he would have gotten worse Neilson ratings than the debate though. Ouch!

Are you saying "ouch" to a hypothetical you just made up? I bet your anus hurts after all that jail speed dating. Ouch! Like that?

Are you saying "ouch" to a hypothetical you just made up? I bet your anus hurts after all that jail speed dating. Ouch! Like that?

It wasn't a hypothetical when Obama tried to have the speech an the same night was it? You talk about jail like you have had experiences there. Please elaborate, I know nothing of the subject.

It's all just part of phony outrage. The GOP and conservative media wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't inspire righteous moral outrage...over things that don't deserve such hysteria...at every possible chance.

These guys/girls who get furious over everything Obama does, never remember that for everything Obama has done that makes them mad...a Republican has done that too.

Who's mad?

I'm laughing my ass off. No matter how this plays Obama and the White House come out on the losing end.

All weekend long on coast to coast sports stations Obama was being mocked.

"Obama vs the NFL" was a running gag.:lol:

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Is English you second language?

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

This leaves open only two possibilities, both quite plausible:

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

So, he's either stupid or a tyrant...Take your pick.

Carney already walked back his BS, he changed his stance and wording from consented by to having consulted with boehner.....:lol:

Who's mad?

I'm laughing my ass off. No matter how this plays Obama and the White House come out on the losing end.

All weekend long on coast to coast sports stations Obama was being mocked.

"Obama vs the NFL" was a running gag.:lol:
Oddball is mad...but he/she won't admit it. Every time a righty goes on a rant about Obama, and I point out they're angry, they pivot and say "I'm not angry!"...then two posts later are hurling epithets and outrage around.

Obama may have been getting mocked by sportscasters...but lucky for Obama, he wasn't elected last time because of sportscaster endorsments, nor do I think this issue will be on the minds of Americans in 2012.

But keep laughing...because until some Republican candidate polls better than Obama, you won't be laughing in November.

Any unnamed Republican already beats Obama. The problem with the polls are the divisions within Republicans until the candidate is solidified.

Any unnamed Republican already beats Obama. The problem with the polls are the divisions within Republicans until the candidate is solidified.
The problem with that is the fact that all the current choices for GOP presidential have been named.. If the GOP could lead somebody out covered with a burlap sack they'd be in great shape.

I don't see how the numbers will change when the GOP candidate is solidified if none of those people are currently polling better than Obama....except......I must take back my previous post. Romney has crossed the barrier first. He's up over Obama by .2% after a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll. Something tells me all the righties are going to accept Wa Post/ABC data as unbiased now that this result came out.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Last edited:
The problem with that is the fact that all the current choices for GOP presidential have been named.. If the GOP could lead somebody out covered with a burlap sack they'd be in great shape.

I don't see how the numbers will change when the GOP candidate is solidified if none of those people are currently polling better than Obama....except......I must take back my previous post. Romney has crossed the barrier first. He's up over Obama by .2% after a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll. Something tells me all the righties are going to accept Wa Post/ABC data as unbiased now that this result came out.

It is really quite simple. If your candidate drops out of the race, you pick someone else. These people are NOT likely to pick Obama, but another Republican. I know, it involves numbers and hurts your head.

It is really quite simple. If your candidate drops out of the race, you pick someone else. These people are NOT likely to pick Obama, but another Republican. I know, it involves numbers and hurts your head.
That's not logical. In every poll, they give the choice of a Republican, and Obama. What you're saying would make sense if the polls were all of the GOP choices VS Obama. Did you notice that they were individual polls?

I'm a fiscal conservative...why do you think numbers hurt my head?

That's not logical. In every poll, they give the choice of a Republican, and Obama. What you're saying would make sense if the polls were all of the GOP choices VS Obama. Did you notice that they were individual polls?

In all honesty - those polls are meaningless anyway. The election is still way too far out and the real campaigns (the 1 on 1 campaigns) have not even started yet. Preprimary polls are not well known for their resounding accuracy.

Everyone talks like there is already a clear winner or even a clear favorite. There is not.

In all honesty - those polls are meaningless anyway. The election is still way too far out and the real campaigns (the 1 on 1 campaigns) have not even started yet. Preprimary polls are not well known for their resounding accuracy.

Everyone talks like there is already a clear winner or even a clear favorite. There is not.
I couldn't agree more about this being a long way from the election in 2012. This far back from the 2008 election I thought it would be Hillary VS Gulianni, and that's what the polls were showing. This election is different though because it's an incumbent election, which means the only variable is the GOP pick.

IMHO...the 2012 election is Obama's to lose. I don't think whatever election rhetoric the GOP candidate comes up with will matter much. It's going to come down to the confidence the swing vote has in Obama in November 2012. A lot can happen between now and then, and recovery is unlikely, so I don't see how much Obama can really do but pray. I don't think anyone really believes the economy would have turned around between January 2009 and now if McCain would have won. Do you? I know it'll be a pure guess, but what do you think?

Forum List

Back