🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Is English you second language?

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.
This leaves open only two possibilities, both quite plausible:

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

So, he's either stupid or a tyrant...Take your pick.

Or didnt think it would be a problem. Or does your partisanship even allow that to be a possibility?

Oooorrr......

He AND the DNC doesn't have the sense required to know when the opposing party is holding a debate.

:eusa_whistle:

I'm sort of reconsidering. Now they have two nights of political discussion. Before I just had to ignore them on one night.

@ quantum
You are assuming he knew there would be a conflict. Why?

Gee, I don't know. Could it because they admitted they knew about the conflict when they tried to set the date and time?

The White House was well aware the president’s speech would conflict with a http://www.politico.com/2012-election/reagan-republican-debate/ planned Republican debate sponsored by POLITICO and NBC to be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. The debate would be broadcast live by MSNBC and live-streamed by POLITICO. CNBC and Telemundo will re-air the broadcast.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=040BF8AD-4589-47E9-94B0-AA7E9B68390E

No, that could not possibly be it. I must be imagining things.

You lie!

no, wait..

He lied!

yeah, the second one.

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Is English you second language?

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

This leaves open only two possibilities, both quite plausible:

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

So, he's either stupid or a tyrant...Take your pick.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Immie

The strange dichotomy in the Obama camp seems to promote the concept that Barry is a dummy who doesn't have a clue. Was he aware that his choice for his green jobs board was a communist former leader of an arson and looting rampage? Now the defense seems to be that Barry wasn't aware that the night he chose for his speech was the night of the republican debates. Actually I subscribe to two theories, #1 Barry is a dummy without a clue and #2 his admistration is filled with jerks who think they can get away with cheap dirty tricks.

The strange dichotomy in the Obama camp seems to promote the concept that Barry is a dummy who doesn't have a clue. Was he aware that his choice for his green jobs board was a communist former leader of an arson and looting rampage? Now the defense seems to be that Barry wasn't aware that the night he chose for his speech was the night of the republican debates. Actually I subscribe to two theories, #1 Barry is a dummy without a clue and #2 his admistration is filled with jerks who think they can get away with cheap dirty tricks.

I go back to my original theory that Obama's main problem is that his actual resume is kind of thin.

8 years as a state legislator and 4 years as a Senator. That's it. He's in over his head and defers to advisors, and his advisors don't know what they are doing, either.

WOW!

The decision for what venue to give a political speech is politically motivated?

Shocking!

WOW!

The decision for what venue to give a political speech is politically motivated?

Shocking!

No not shocking..What is shocking is this President feels the need to PLAY these types of games on something that he says is SO IMPROTANT. Obama better get engaged in what his puppet MASTERS are up to. they are not HELPING HIM. But then again I don't think he cares..I think he is tried of being President. It's much much more WORK than he thought it would be.

Last edited:
Conflict with the debate but you can't expect him to know everyones schedule and who planned to attend either. Besides the debate was not the reason it had to be moved Boeher cited security reasons, right?
Oh, he and his handlers can't be expected to know when the opposition party is having a primary debate, but OTOH we're supposed to believe that they're so competent to be suited to come up with central planner policies to create jobs?

Hoooboooie. :rolleyes:

Conflict with the debate but you can't expect him to know everyones schedule and who planned to attend either. Besides the debate was not the reason it had to be moved Boeher cited security reasons, right?
Oh, he and his handlers can't be expected to know when the opposition party is having a primary debate, but OTOH we're supposed to believe that they're so competent to be suited to come up with central planner policies to create jobs?

Hoooboooie. :rolleyes:

Not even Boehner has cited the debate as a reason to delay the speech.

WOW!

Shocking!

And it is absolutely shocking that someone like you are unwilling to take him to task for being an idiot. He released the time before he got the approval and now looks like an idiot for doing so. Deal with it. Next topic...

The basic story is that Obama should go to congress first and ask politely. He lacks the authority to set the date himself. If the date is inconvenient, it is inconvenient. Obama is not yet Caesar Augustus with the authority to declare himself above it all. If he set the date in order to be a bit of a jerk and inconvenience other folks that makes him look juvenile and petty. If he is really that dumb that he didn't know the schedule is in conflict then he needs to can his staff and get better handlers.

Either way, good manners suggests you don't announce a date until everyone is on board with it. So in addition to being an incompetent petty juvenile dolt, he is also a boor as well.

As if any of this is news to anybody.

How is Boehner's rationale relevant to the deliberate scheduling conflict?

Oh yeah...It's not.

Because youe pretending the debate had anything to do with the delay in his speech. When it isn't, it was security reasons

I'm pretending no such thing.

The choice of the date was to purposefully upstage the debate or as a product of outright bungling on the part of the WH staff....Pick your poison.

Announcing the date to a joint session before there was any agreement by congress to said date, was just another display of the plain old arrogance we've become accustomed to from the Dick-in-Chief.

Oh god, ok I get it! Anything Obama does comes from either badness or dumbness. No bias there.

I guess since now the speech is on the date of the first football game it's because he's trying to upstage the NFL.

Last edited:
Oh god, ok I get it! Anything Obama does comes from either badness or dumbness. No bias there.

I guess since now the speech is on the date of the first football game it's because he's trying to upstage the NFL.

Don't be silly. Obama can't upstage the NFL.

Your acting obtuse if you are proposing that addressing a joint session during a major political event where some of those he was supposed to address are required to be there is not trying to upstage them. The football game has nothing to do with politics and therefore he is not trying to upstage the NFL. I would not have picked that day if I were him though. Most Americans would rather watch a football game that has no effect on life than the inner workings of our political system that has a drastic effect on life.

Forum List

Back