Propaganda!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
From the "you can't make this shit up" category, I bring you:

Some Trump supporters thought NPR tweeted ‘propaganda.’ It was the Declaration of Independence.

To echo its 29-year on-air tradition, the public radio network’s main Twitter account tweeted out the Declaration of Independence, line by line.[...]

Who could have taken issue with such a patriotic exercise, done in honor of the nation’s birthday?

Quite a few people, it turned out.[...]

“Seriously, this is the dumbest idea I have ever seen on twitter,” a Twitter user named Darren Mills said after NPR had only gotten as far as the Declaration’s dateline. “Literally no one is going to read 5000 tweets about this trash.”[...]

The blowback increased when the tweets reached the portion of the Declaration that outlined, in unsparing detail, all the ways Britain’s George III had wronged the then-Colonies.

“He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers,” read one line of the document.

“A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people,” read another.

Some people — presumably still in the dark about NPR’s Fourth of July exercise — assumed those lines were references to President Trump and the current administration

“Propaganda is that all you know how? Try supporting a man who wants to do something about the Injustice in this country #drainingtheswamp,” tweeted one user whose account has since been deleted but whose messages were captured by Winnipeg Free Press reporter Melissa Martin.

:lol:

I wonder what is missing from this story...

But regardless, they need to be defunded.

Last edited:
Some Trump supporters on twitter? So effing what? The left is completely filled with historical idiots. They think the founders were liberals for breaking away from the status quo. So I'll put those many millions against those that don't trust NPR.

Thread Closed: There are already threads on this in the Rubber Room, Badlands, and Current Events/

When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back