Prosecution Knows It Has Lost, Now Trying To Add Lesser Charges To Avoid Total Loss

Disallowing Kyle the claim of self defense is an interesting development.

But it smells a bit too much like a part of a smokescreen to be offering any hope.
Especially when it's followed by declaring Kyle to be legally carrying his gun!

Disallowing Kyle the claim of self defense is an interesting development.

But it smells a bit too much like a part of a smokescreen to be offering any hope.
Especially when it's followed by declaring Kyle to be legally carrying his gun!
Who disallowed the self defense claim?

Read up on the fact that there are federal laws that apply to all states, then spend some time supplying me with all the details.
I live in the USA in a state that has different laws from the state of Wisconsin... especially when it comes to criminal law.

That’s a compelling and persuasive argument.

Still the decision by the judge to instruct the jury that the prosecution’s assertion that Rittenhouse was the aggressor and provoked the confrontation with one of the deceased is a significant development.

That had nothing to do with his decision.
I just watched the entire jury instructions. The judge made no such statement to the jury.

You guys don’t actually want to have a discussion based on the facts and developments in this case. Most of you just want to keep repeating the same talking points over and over again.
The problem is, you're not asking us to discuss facts or developments in the case; you keep posting fantasy and asking us to discuss it as if it were reality.

If the prosecutor in this case doesn't come across as a silver tongued snake...

You have issues with perception of other people.

Shroeder specified that Rittenhouse "does not have a privilege of self-defense" against McGinnis as he gave instructions to the jury as to how to assess the facts and make their determination. He specified that the jury must find that the charges against Rittenhouse were proved by the prosecution "beyond a reasonable doubt."
link posted at #482

Last edited:
The problem is, you're not asking us to discuss facts or developments in the case; you keep posting fantasy and asking us to discuss it as if it were reality.
I have posted only facts. You must have me confused with someone else or you’re not paying attention.

No one.

The judge has just ruled that that the prosecutions assertion that Rittenhouse was the aggressor and provoked the confrontation in one of the killings is valid. This would mean that for that one particular killing self defense is not a solid defense.

Those are some of these significant facts you ignore

No one.

The judge has just ruled that that the prosecutions assertion that Rittenhouse was the aggressor and provoked the confrontation in one of the killings is valid. This would mean that for that one particular killing self defense is not a solid defense.

Those are some of these significant facts you ignore
Don't hold out any hope in that. I see it as the judge's parting shot that will cause emotions to soar when the sentence is a slap on the wrist.

On a positive note for the pro-gun side, kids can now walk the street with their AR-15's!

Shroeder specified that Rittenhouse "does not have a privilege of self-defense" against McGinnis as he gave instructions to the jury as to how to assess the facts and make their determination. He specified that the jury must find that the charges against Rittenhouse were proved by the prosecution "beyond a reasonable doubt."
I don't know what your source is since you seem to have broken the rules by quoting without attribution but, whoever it is, they're as ignorant of the case as are you. McGinnis was not shot and not killed and not involved other than having been a witness who saw what happened in some of the night, recorded what he saw, and testified in the trial. Self-defense has nothing to do with McGinnis because McGinnis wasn't involved.

Forum List

Back