Protest forming against ground zero mosque

This is the great blade of America. It's awesome to be in a place where a group can build a place of worship so bigots can freely expose themselves to the world as true assholes.

As opposed to the religious oppression that continues on in the Islamic world? I find us pretty tolerant of you Hypocritical Assholes. Pretty pathetic, but you are all about superimposing your will on the unsuspecting, aren't you Piss Ant?

Since I abhor religious oppression you need to find another way to try and take a jab Einstein.

This is the great blade of America. It's awesome to be in a place where a group can build a place of worship so bigots can freely expose themselves to the world as true assholes.

As opposed to the religious oppression that continues on in the Islamic world? I find us pretty tolerant of you Hypocritical Assholes. Pretty pathetic, but you are all about superimposing your will on the unsuspecting, aren't you Piss Ant?

Since I abhor religious oppression you need to find another way to try and take a jab Einstein.

The Islamic Cultural Center at the WTC site is offensive and insensitive, Fuck Wad. Kind of like you.

The Islamic Cultural Center at the WTC site is offensive and insensitive, Fuck Wad. Kind of like you.

If our presence offends you, move to another country. Or, better yet, get over it. :eusa_eh:

If our presence offends you, move to another country. Or, better yet, get over it. :eusa_eh:

Your presence is your own burden Dip Shit. Your construction so close to that site is offensive and insensitive. Your blindness to the reaction to the local's only reinforces what we already know about you. Not all Muslims, just people like you.

Your presence is your own burden Dip Shit.
:lol:

Engrish? Also, I'd familiarize myself with the basics of grammar before attempting to insult others.

Your construction so close to that site is offensive and insensitive.
We have a right under God's law and under the law of the United States to accommodate our expanding communities by constructing religious facilities where those facilities are needed. We're not al-Qa'idah, so if you believe that the planned mosque is "offensive" or "insensitive" because they claim to follow the same religion, then suck it up and learn not to make stupid generalizations. A person flying a plane into a building has nothing to do with me praying.

Your blindness to the reaction to the local's only reinforces what we already know about you. Not all Muslims, just people like you.
All of the "locals" were opposed to the plan from the get-go, then? Is that claim based on evidence that you can share with us, or did it come straight from the fetid depths of your ass along with the rest of your post?

Last edited:

Your presence is your own burden Dip Shit.
:lol:

Engrish? Also, I'd familiarize myself with the basics of grammar before attempting to insult others.

Your construction so close to that site is offensive and insensitive.
We have a right under God's law and under the law of the United States to accommodate our expanding communities by constructing religious facilities where those facilities are needed. We're not al-Qa'idah, so if you believe that the planned mosque is "offensive" or "insensitive" because they claim to follow the same religion, then suck it up and learn not to make stupid generalizations. A person flying a plane into a building has nothing to do with me praying.

Your blindness to the reaction to the local's only reinforces what we already know about you. Not all Muslims, just people like you.
All of the "locals" were opposed to the plan from the get-go, then? Is that claim based on evidence that you can share with us, or did it come straight from the fetid depths of your ass along with the rest of your post?

Kalam: Engrish? Also, I'd familiarize myself with the basics of grammar before attempting to insult others.

Did I stutter? You are a burden to yourself and those around you!!! You do not understand manners and respect, so I will keep it plain. Common decency is a mystery to you, I know this, because of the nature of the conversation. What is legal and what is appropriate, are not on the same plane. Worry about your own grammar.

Kalam: We have a right under God's law and under the law of the United States to accommodate our expanding communities by constructing religious facilities where those facilities are needed. We're not al-Qa'idah, so if you believe that the planned mosque is "offensive" or "insensitive" because they claim to follow the same religion, then suck it up and learn not to make stupid generalizations. A person flying a plane into a building has nothing to do with me praying.

Manhattan has plenty of accommodative sites. There is no substitute or excuse for poor judgement. The site is viewed as a feather in the cap of all muslim extremists and will remain so. You, like me, have a right to use our own words when we pray. Funny My religion teaches that and your's beheads, those beyond it's understanding. Conscience is a matter between each of us and Our Maker, Expanding Totalitarianism is not, nor is it protected from consequence. Islamic Extremism has everything to do with people praying. From my perspective you are impotent at controlling those that kill in the name of your God. I'd work on that every day were I you. Take the hint. You don't take hints well, you should look into that too.

Kalam: All of the "locals" were opposed to the plan from the get-go, then? Is that claim based on evidence that you can share with us, or did it come straight from the fetid depths of your ass along with the rest of your post?

You fail to recognize the families of those who died there Kalam. My ass unlike yours is virgin.

Last edited:
Did I stutter?
No, you typed a nonsensical insult and used poor grammar while calling me a "Dip Shit" [sic].

You are a burden to yourself and those around you!!! You do not understand manners and respect, so I will keep it plain. Common decency is a mystery to you, I know this, because of the nature of the conversation. What is legal and what is appropriate, are not on the same plane.
You're attempting to conflate me and millions of other regular people with al-Qa'idah, but I'm the one who needs to "understand manners and respect." Right. Please continue to legitimize your prejudice by pointing to a decade-old incident as if it has any bearing on our need for additional mosques. :thup:

Worry about your own grammar.
I do. That's why my posts tend to be coherent.

Manhattan has plenty of accommodative sites. There is no substitute or excuse for poor judgement. The site is viewed as a feather in the cap of all muslim extremists and will remain so.
Can you provide any specific examples?

You, like me, have a right to use our own words when we pray. Funny My religion teaches that and your's beheads, those beyond it's understanding. Conscience is a matter between each of us and Our Maker, Expanding Totalitarianism is not, nor is it protected from consequence. Islamic Extremism has everything to do with people praying.
And here you are with your generalizations again. Thank you for underscoring your inability to speak out against the mosque without making stupid assumptions and prejudicial remarks. :lol:

Mosque locations are selected so that the needs of the expanding community can be met with the most efficiency and convenience. Sorry; your misplaced anger is not reason enough to abandon this plan.

From my perspective you are impotent at controlling those that kill in the name of your God. I'd work on that every day were I you. Take the hint. You don't take hints well, you should look into that too.
Islam doesn't have a religious hierarchy or any sort of unified judicial system through which punitive measures can be taken against criminals. If you want us to focus more on cleaning house, stop attacking us. Until then, I'm afraid we'll be preoccupied with foreign invaders in Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, East Turkestan, etc.

You fail to recognize the families of those who died there Kalam. My ass unlike yours is virgin.

Once again, you stupidly assume that they're united in your favor.

But Donna Marsh O'Connor, who lost her daughter Vanessa on 9/11, questioned why "a center dedicated to peace and understanding should be built anywhere but at Ground Zero." She represents the support group September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, which, she said, counts 250 families of victims as members.

"I will not speak for everyone in our group but, as an organization, we stand for this center and this mosque," she said. "The mosque and center should be built. It's important to the future of America. It does honor to my daughter that in this place of hell on earth, a place for peace and love be established."

Ground Zero Mosque Plan Stirs Controversy - ABC News

My ass unlike yours is virgin.
I suppose we can add slander to your list of crimes against intelligence. Keep the rep coming, by the way. The red flood in my inbox complements the one coming from your vagina quite nicely. :thup:

But Donna Marsh O'Connor, who lost her daughter Vanessa on 9/11, questioned why "a center dedicated to peace and understanding should be built anywhere but at Ground Zero." She represents the support group September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, which, she said, counts 250 families of victims as members.

"I will not speak for everyone in our group but, as an organization, we stand for this center and this mosque," she said. "The mosque and center should be built. It's important to the future of America. It does honor to my daughter that in this place of hell on earth, a place for peace and love be established."

I suppose we can add slander to your list of crimes against intelligence. Keep the rep coming, by the way. The red flood in my inbox complements the one coming from your vagina quite nicely. :thup:

The only thing you exhibit is your unworthiness. You are a disgrace. You are a predator and a thief, covering for those that do worse. How about you stand down wind Ass wipe.

Mosque At the World Trade Center: Muslim Renewal Or Insult Near Ground Zero
An identified group with unknown sponsors has purchased building steps away from where the WorldTrade Center once stood -- to turn it into potentially one of the largest New York City mosques.

At the moment the building, the old Burlington Coat Factory, already serves as a mini-mosque: an iron grill lifts every Friday afternoon for a little known Imam leading prayers a few yards away from where Osama Bin Laden’s airborne Islamist bombers killed nearly 3000 people back in 2001.

The Imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf, told the New York Times -- which put the story on its front page Wednesday -- that he has assembled several million dollars to turn it into ‘’an Islamic center near the city’s most hallowed piece of land that would stand as one of ground zero’s more unexpected and striking neighbors.’’

The 61-year-old Imam said he paid $4.85 million for it -- in cash, records show. With 50,000 square feet of air rights and enough financing, he plans an ambitious project of $150 million, he said, akin to the Chautauqua Institution, the 92 Street Y or the Jewish Community Center.

The origins of such monies are unexplained; neither are the countries or entity advancing such huge donations. Most US mosques, including many in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx are funded directly or indirectly by Saudi Arabia the country to which 15 of the 19 hijackers who bombed the World TradeCenter belonged. The UAE, Qatar and Iran are other major sponsors across the USA.

The money trail is an important question that must be answered by the Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg with more than a bland comment by one of his spokesmen, Andrew Brent, who quipped to the Times, “If it’s legal, the building owners have a right to do what they want.”

At the moment, the location is not designated a mosque, but rather an overflow prayer space for another mosque, Al Farah, at 245 West Broadway in TriBeCa, where Imam Feisal is the spiritual leader. Call this creeping annexation. On 9/11, the Burlington building, with 80 employees in its basement, is where a piece of a plane plunged through the roof, from either Flight 11 or Flight 175 crashing into the south tower at 9:03 a.m..

One of the investors for future oncoming funds is listed as the Cordoba Initiative, defined as an ‘’interfaith group’’ - and founded by Imam Feisal. Cordoba is the name militant Muslims often invoke when they recall the glory of Muslim empire in the centuries they occupied Spain.

As a former New York Times and Wall Street Journal correspondent, and as a New York Sun columnist who covered Islamic Fundamentalism extensively overseas and in the USA, I find the facts oddly lacking. The story as reported fails to answer, and avoid asking, so many pertinent questions.

The source of money matters as a significant part of the hundreds of mosques being built and already erected in this country double up as cultural Islamic centers for distributing literature-- Islamist propaganda in fact—from Bay Ridge Brooklyn to Detroit, and for schooling growing Muslim minorities. They house Imams of unknown origin and education, many of whom do not speak a word of English but preach in Arabic and Urdu -- radical messages, it often turns out.

As a reporter familiar with the Arab communities of the USA, I doubt the faithful fork out all that money for mega mosques, and if they did, the mayor’s office should prove it, not merely accept someone’s say so. It is an established fact that a significant percentage of the mosques built in the USA in the past two decades are receiving a disproportionate amount of their funds not only from the Saudis, but also the UAE, Qatar and Iran -- all problematic Islamists activist nations. The government just discontinued work on a major Iranian-funded mosque and center in New York City, which had operated under the radar since the days of the good old Shah of Iran under the auspices of the Pahlavi Foundation, and has beenowned since 1979 by the Mullahs of Iran.

The context here is that 15 of the 19 perpetrators of the attacks -- on the very site where this new mosque shall rise -- came from Saudi Arabia.

We saw how, in the case of Major Nidal Hasan of Ft. Hood, it turned out that three of the original participants in 9/11 had listened to the same preacher Major Hasan listened to: a man with a radical violent Islamic website now operating out of Yemen to radicalize American Muslims. In such a context,knowing more about the Imam overseeing a potential multimillion mosque at the World Trade Center site is essential to the story. Nearly 3,000 people were deliberately killed there – and the New York Times is papering over what is about to be built on the site in a nice, beatific pseudo-profile of the Imamoverseeing the mosque? Limiting access to this Imam to some nice quotes, showing him nattily dressed in a suit, and describing him merely as a Sufi, is vacuous, crafted and couched in public relations spin to obscure rather than explain. ‘’What happened that day was not Islam’’ is all that the Times quotes the Imam saying -- a rather lame comment given the enormity of his ambition and the iconic status of where he wants to put his mosque.

The mayor’s office should tell us more.

Just as importantly, who Is Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf ? And what is his background? Given that much Islamist radicalism originated in mosques at the hands of imams in virtually all the terrorist attacks inAmerica and Europe -- as we found over and over again – the omission of this information is a glaring mishap.

All we get learn about the Imam in the Times story about him is some anodyne, rather anemic, focus on a man of peace. No real searching. Mayor Bloomberg’s folks need to tell us what are the Imam’s origins, where he was schooled, whether he is an immigrant, a visitor, of which country is he a citizen, and what is his philosophy, among other relevant questions.

Merely describing the man as a Sufi ‘’who follows a path of Islam focused more on spiritual wisdom than on strict ritual,’’ is far too little . After every terrorist atrocity, any number of Sufi and Muslims savants ritually come out with the hackneyed saying: ‘’Islam is a religion of peace and brotherhood.’’ Accumulated as they are, these statements are added a heap of nothing for those tens of thousands of Muslims killed by other Muslims in suicide and other bombings from Pakistan to Iraq every day.

One would hope for a follow-up story or stories, and that New York City and its citizens at least ask harder questions, rather than submit to being mislead in the interest of political correctness.
Mosque At the World Trade Center: Muslim Renewal Or Insult Near Ground Zero - Hudson New York

Muslim Mosque and Community Center to be Built Near Ground Zero on 10th Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks
By Texas GOP Vote
The construction of a $100 million project, which includes a mosque and 13-story Muslim community center, is scheduled to begin on September 11, 2011, just a few hundred feet from Ground Zero. This has caused outrage from the families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks. According to Fox News, a massive protest is scheduled for June 6th. Pamela Gellar, whose group called Stop Islamization of America is organizing the protest, said:

"How can you build a shrine to the very ideology that brought down the World Trade Center?"
"We have to do everything we can to stop this ... a huge Muslim monument, a stone's throw from Ground Zero, with a mosque pointing toward Mecca."
The building being used to construct the Muslim project was formerly used as a Burlington Coat Factory store, but was damaged in the 9/11 attacks when one of the plane's landing gear tore through it.

One man, whose son died in the attack, said that he was concerned that the Muslim center may become a meeting place for radicals. Others don't mind that the building is being built, but do not think Ground Zero is an appropriate site. A member of the New York community board explained,

"If the Japanese decided to open a cultural center across from Pearl Harbour, that would be insensitive. If the Germans opened a Bach choral society across from Auschwitz, even after all these years, that would be an insensitive setting."
The organization behind the project says that they picked the spot near Ground Zero to send the opposite message to what happened on 9/11 and push back the extremists. However, according to Gellar,

"What could be more insulting and humiliating than a monster mosque in the shadow of the World Trade Center buildings that were brought down by an Islamic jihad attack?"
"Any decent American, Muslim or otherwise, wouldn’t dream of such an insult."

Muslim Mosque and Community Center to be Built Near Ground Zero on 10th Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks | Texas GOP Vote

Right Wing: Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"
Eve Conant
This Week in Conservative Media

Plans for the construction of a mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero are prompting outrage in the blogosphere, but the emotional reaction appears to falling on deaf ears. The Cordoba House project, according to CNN, calls for a 15-story community center that would include a performance-art center, gym, swimming pool, and a mosque. So far there seems little indication the city will do anything to appease those opposed to it.

"The time for a center like this has come because Islam is an American religion," Daisy Khan, executive director of the American Society for Muslim Advancement, told CNN. "We need to take the 9/11 tragedy and turn it into something very positive.” According to the New York Daily News, Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf, who helped found the Cordoba Initiative following the 9/11 attacks, said the project is intended to foster better relations between the West and Muslims, but if conservative commentators are any indication of the reaction, the mosque is opening, not healing, old wounds.

According to the American Thinker’s Ethel C. Fenig, “ Placing the center close to the site of the late World Trade Center will not promote healing and as for promoting a ‘better understanding of their religion’ it would certainly be a constant reminder of the evil its capable of.”

Ruthfully Yours blogger Madeline Brooks calls it “a slap in the face.” Like many opponents to the mosque, she brings up building-permit issues, an effort that feels like a desperate measure to stop in the inevitable. “Still another unsettling part of Rauf’s problem mosque is why the city has given the building a pass. Records for the Department of Buildings have shown numerous complaints for illegal construction and no access, yet the issues were listed as “resolved.” The recent Times Square bombing attempt is also brought up as a reason for Mayor Bloomberg to stop to the mosque from being built. “If not, he will be helping to provide a handy meeting place for future terrorists, those who understand Imam Rauf’s real message: Speak sweetly, appear to be a well-adjusted member of American society, and plan the destruction of America, either with bombs or ‘peaceful’ undermining.”

But the plans for the mosque have been apparent for months, if not longer, and the complaints have had little influence. Last year WorldNetDaily’s Chelsea Schilling collected reader responses when news of the mosque was first unveiled. The protest? Sound and fury, signifying nothing—so far. “Who wants to bet this place becomes a "tourist attraction" for Muslims? This mosque will become one of Islam's holiest shrines as it sits upon the site of their greatest modern military victory,” wrote one. Another reader, seeming depressed by it all, simply added: “Good idea. Maybe terrorists will be less likely to bomb this area if there's a mosque there."
Right Wing: Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face" - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

The only thing you exhibit is your unworthiness. You are a disgrace. You are a predator and a thief, covering for those that do worse. How about you stand down wind Ass wipe.

Your concession is accepted.

Why are you posting articles? If you can muster up enough brainpower to recall our recent exchange, you'll remember that it was you, not me, who suggested that all 9/11 victims shared his opinion. :lol:

Your concession is accepted.

You are hallucinating Puke. How about you jerk yourself off somewhere else pencil dick. You are a waste of time.

Why are you posting articles? If you can muster up enough brainpower to recall our recent exchange, you'll remember that it was you, not me, who suggested that all 9/11 victims shared his opinion. :lol:

You Talking to me Ass Clown??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No to mosque at Ground Zero Petition

Planting a mosque just two blocks from where Muslims murdered Americans on 9/11 in the name of Islam is a huge slap in the face. Why shouldn’t Muslims be sensitive enough to realize that a huge mosque planted right near the horrific wound to the U.S. created at Ground Zero by Muslims is outrageous to us? They claim a right to be insulted by cartoons mocking their prophet, even to the point of beheading people.

The Imam of the Ground Zero Insult, Faisal Abdul Rauf, is not the nice guy he likes to hold himself out to be. At his Friday afternoon khutbah services and in his book What’s Right With Islam Rauf states that he wants the mosque to be a place where inter-faith understanding is fostered. His sonorous voice is smooth and almost hypnotic. His writing style appears to be rational and unthreatening.

However, this does not jibe with the aspects of him that are downright hostile and frightening.

During a recent Friday sermon, this writer did due diligence as a mosque monitor and heard Rauf deny that Muslims perpetrated 9/11. In an interview with CNN shortly after 9/11, Rauf said, “U.S. policies were an accessory to the crime that happened. We [the U.S.] have been an accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world. Osama bin Laden was made in the USA.” Elsewhere, Rauf has stated that terrorism will end only when the West acknowledges the harm it has done to Muslims. And that it was Christians who started mass attacks on civilians.

Rauf has numerous ties to CAIR, an unindicted co-conspirator in the Department of Justice funding case brought against Hamas, an openly terrorist organization. CAIR is also the initiator of numerous cases designed to intimidate non-Muslims from criticizing aggressive Muslim behavior, and to use our own legal and democratic processes to undermine and dominate America, forcing it to become Islamic.

Rauf calls himself a Sufi, evoking among non-Muslims a “peace and love” image. But that’s not the whole picture. Sufism has many sides to it, including the Koranic injunction to spread Islam one way or another, and it has a rich history of waging war, too. Could it be that one of the frequently used tools of war, lying to the enemy, explains the contradiction between Rauf’s image as reconciler of religions and his sympathies and associations with terrorists?

A previous Rauf project, Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, clearly shows on its website that it is headed and funded by individuals from Saudi Arabia, the country that spawned fifteen of the nineteen jihad jockeys who rode the 9/11 planes of destruction. The funding for the mosque at Ground Zero is much murkier so far. All that has been publicly disclosed is that the support comes from unidentified sources in Saudi Arabia and Muslim-ruled Malaysia. Rauf reportedly says he paid $4.85 million for the property — in cash. Where exactly did this money come from? Was it Wahhabist-supporting Saudi sources, which have already funded many other mosques in New York City?

The mosque is called Cordoba House. Muslims like to refer to Spain and especially the city of Cordoba as a place where their rule reached a glorious peak. Contrary to the myth of a Golden Age of equality during the Muslim occupation of Spain (and in particular in Cordoba), Spain and Cordoba were places where Christians and Jews suffered as social inferiors under Islamic oppression. Equal civil rights never existed for non-Muslims under Sharia, or Islamic law. Rauf even admits as much when he writes, “Jews and Christians living under Muslim rule simply had to pay a tax to finance their protection by their Muslim overlords.” This is not equality! Americans do not demand a special tax to protect Muslims from ourselves. That would be extortion, not “protection.”

Through another organization Rauf started called the Cordoba Initiative, he created the “Sharia Index.” This will measure how closely countries follow Sharia, or Islamic law. While Sharia can cover such relatively innocuous aspects of Muslim life as religious weddings (hopefully not to twelve-year-old girls), it also demands that all Muslim life be governed by laws derived from the Koran, without the intervention of civic institutions, such as democracy. And the Koran dictates that everyone, even non-Muslims, must ultimately live under Sharia. Do you understand how that is in direct conflict with our Constitution and other aspects of our secular society?

Rauf gets even trickier here. He states in What’s Right With Islam that a society that follows natural law, such as America, is already practicing Sharia. However, he does not note that his peculiar definition of Sharia acceptance is shared by just about no other Imam. So what prevents him from adjusting his singular idea of Sharia back to the norm of forced conversions, murdering non-Muslims and apostates, amputations of thieves’ hands, stoning of adulterous women, execution of homosexuals, etc.? Throughout his writing, Rauf floats an image of a harmonious, pleasant Islam — nice to everybody. But this is totally disconnected from Islam’s actual history of bloody conquest, enslavement, and humiliation of other people — which he never acknowledges.

Still another unsettling part of Rauf’s problem mosque is why the city has given the building a pass. Records for the Department of Buildings have shown numerous complaints for illegal construction and no access, yet the issues were listed as “resolved.”

Community Board One’s financial district committee needs to reconsider its endorsement of this mosque. The prestigious American groups that are reportedly also financing the mosque, The Ford Foundation and The Rockefeller Brothers Fund, need to think again about what they are getting into. The Department of Buildings needs to reassess its action. The Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs, which supports the project (Why? What has a religious building got to do with immigration?) needs to reevaluate its approval.

Mayor Bloomberg himself needs to withdraw his support for this mosque, especially in light of the recent Times Square car bomb attempt. If not, he will be helping to provide a handy meeting place for future terrorists, those who understand Imam Rauf’s real message: Speak sweetly, appear to be a well-adjusted member of American society, and plan the destruction of America, either with bombs or “peaceful” undermining.

No to mosque at Ground Zero - Petition Spot

Forum List

Back