Protest forming against ground zero mosque

Bigots like you and message boards make about as much sense as opening a Snow Plowing business in Hawaii.

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

I personally feel that a mosque should not in fact be built close to ground zero, and I don't think anyone would cal me a bigot.

I think that in New York City, however, 2 blocks is plenty of room.

Surprises curvy has not lumped you into the 'bigot' cloud yet then.... the idiot is pretty much lumping everyone in there

ad hominem.

You're a stupid bitch. Now that is an ad hom you dumbass. Oops. There is another one!

You've ignored every single valid point against your broadbrushed false claims so now you will do as most bigots and keep whining.
Please link to any valid point.

"Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo -which is seen as the highest authority in Sunni Islam - said groups which carried out suicide bombings were the enemies of Islam. Speaking at the conference in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, Sheikh Tantawi said extremist Islamic groups had appropriated Islam and its notion of jihad, or holy struggle, for their own ends."
BBC News, 11 July, 2003

Http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm

You're a stupid bitch. Now that is an ad hom you dumbass. Oops. There is another one!

You've ignored every single valid point against your broadbrushed false claims so now you will do as most bigots and keep whining.

"Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo -which is seen as the highest authority in Sunni Islam - said groups which carried out suicide bombings were the enemies of Islam. Speaking at the conference in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, Sheikh Tantawi said extremist Islamic groups had appropriated Islam and its notion of jihad, or holy struggle, for their own ends."
BBC News, 11 July, 2003

Your link will be dismissed. Just sayin' cause they've already made up their minds to condemn all Muslims everywhere. If they had the power, is there any doubt what they would do?

If that is true, then we are in deep doo doo, because there are lots more of them than there are of us. How come we haven't been overrun?
You have been, you just dont understand it.

So it's just you, your gun, and your dust bunnies under that bed now, right?
:cuckoo:

No, Ive watched you for years, there is no part of liberty or freedom of speech you are not willing to throw under the bus to appease any form of jihad
You always side with Islamic incursion and Islamic supremacy.
You can claim your service , or point to the constitution.

I can tell you the Constitution is not a suicide pact. I couldnt care less about your service.

You do not serve the nation or the Constitution by being deliberately obtuse and ignorant .
You have had years to find out the facts concerning Islam yourself .
You have chosen to abrogate your proper responsibility as a citizen.
You do this out of malice because of your hate , your bigotry.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty ,not gullibility ,hate or bigotry.

Samuel Adams quotes:
The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

No, Ive watched you for years, there is no part of liberty or freedom of speech you are not willing to throw under the bus to appease any form of jihad

I can tell you the Constitution is not a suicide pact. I couldnt care less about your service.

You do not serve the nation or the Constitution by being deliberately obtuse and ignorant .

Samuel Adams quotes:
The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

I wonder, do you even realize how similar your anti-Muslim rants sound much like the rants of the Muslim extremists themselves?

Extremism can be found in every major philosophy, and you my friend are a perfect example.

BBC News, 11 July, 2003

Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo - which is seen as the highest authority in Sunni Islam - said groups which carried out suicide bombings were the enemies of Islam.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2298639

Egypt's MENA news agency reported (according to IMRA) that Tantawi "announced on Sunday [2 November] that suicide-bombers who are defending their land are seen as martyrs in Islamic shari'ah law. Anybody blowing himself up in the face of an the occupiers of his land is a martyr, said Shaykh Tantawi in response to a question about the Islamic shari'ah stance over the Palestinians who blow up their bodies against the Israelis."
IMRA - Monday, November 3, 2003 Egyptian grand shaykh: Islamic law sees suicide-bombers as martyrs

Which is it?

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

Stop whining like a little girl. Did you respond to my post about the Catholic Church? If so, please state or post the link.

When was the last time you bitched about a Catholic church next to a school or a Catholic School? The Catholic Church put out a global order mandating excommunication for any Clergy or church members who reported child abuse to law enforcement. So why not say all Christians support that? It's no less idiotic the trying to equate these Americans with terrorists. Sack up and own your bigotry with pride.

Hmm... how is a catholic church next to a catholic school even remotely similar? Show me where I said all muslims supported the 9/11 attacks or all of them supported ANYTHING? Show me where I condoned some action of the catholic church. And show where I equated 'these americans' or 'this muslim cultural center' with terrorists?

I gave you similar examples for meat packing plants and PETA, PLO and Lockerbie, etc... showing where I thought while things may be legal, sometimes it is just not the right thing or the smart thing to do

You are off your rocker and infatuated with calling others bigots today... even when no bigotry is being shown at all... you seem to just have your word of the day to slam against anyone who is not in agreement with your particular whim

How is this mosque and these Americans an offense to 9E? By your Nazi reference you are claiming an intimate connection although none exist.

You totally missed the Catholic comparison. It was an official Church order which means it was not a group of extremists yet I don't see people bitching about the world's largest Christian church blackmailing clergy and laymembers in order to protect pedophiles.

What the fuck do you think would happen if the world's largest Muslim church put out the same global order?

You have been, you just dont understand it.

If you have watched me for years, then you know right well that what you are now saying is completely false. So...I guess you are willing to lie...what else are you willing to do if allowed to get away with it? :eusa_eh:

Nice platitude...now, point out what of the Constitution is being interpreted as a "suicide pact"? Be specific, please. I have a copy of it right here.

On that I agree with you. Have you thought about practicing what you preach here? Or is it only lip service with you when things become inconvenient?

Yes, it is just another religion...a religion that make some people better and make some people do evil things in its name. It is no different than any other religion I've seen in the history of mankind. Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

In what way? Please be specific.

What is it I hate? What am I a bigot over? You say these things, now explain them.

Another platitude...who said we are not vigilant?

Samuel Adams quotes:

And....? Just more platitudes?

BBC News, 11 July, 2003

Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo - which is seen as the highest authority in Sunni Islam - said groups which carried out suicide bombings were the enemies of Islam.

Egypt's MENA news agency reported (according to IMRA) that Tantawi "announced on Sunday [2 November] that suicide-bombers who are defending their land are seen as martyrs in Islamic shari'ah law. Anybody blowing himself up in the face of an the occupiers of his land is a martyr, said Shaykh Tantawi in response to a question about the Islamic shari'ah stance over the Palestinians who blow up their bodies against the Israelis."
IMRA - Monday, November 3, 2003 Egyptian grand shaykh: Islamic law sees suicide-bombers as martyrs

Which is it?

You're a fucking waste of time. You ignore the link and info I provided and post one of your own. Tell ya what ****, i'll respond to yours even though you ignored mine. Look at the context of SELF DEFENSE you dumb fuck. The link you provided did not promote aggressive terrorism. It's speaking strictly about self defense but thank you again for proving you ignore facts and info that doesn't promote your bigotry.

Here is a good question....

So they want their mosque two blocks away do they? Are they planning on loud speakers calling out for prayer five times a day?

Two blocks in NYC is a relative thing, the long side of the block or the short side. Two block no matter which side it is is not very far.

I personally feel that a mosque should not in fact be built close to ground zero, and I don't think anyone would cal me a bigot.

I think that in New York City, however, 2 blocks is plenty of room.

Surprises curvy has not lumped you into the 'bigot' cloud yet then.... the idiot is pretty much lumping everyone in there

I'm only calling out the bigots which is why your panties got in a barbwire twist. Not everyone who opposed the mosque is automatically a bigot. They have to go that extra step and do something really fuxxing stupid like Godwinning their position with their very first post. You know anyone like that?

Stop whining like a little girl. Did you respond to my post about the Catholic Church? If so, please state or post the link.

When was the last time you bitched about a Catholic church next to a school or a Catholic School? The Catholic Church put out a global order mandating excommunication for any Clergy or church members who reported child abuse to law enforcement. So why not say all Christians support that? It's no less idiotic the trying to equate these Americans with terrorists. Sack up and own your bigotry with pride.

Hmm... how is a catholic church next to a catholic school even remotely similar? Show me where I said all muslims supported the 9/11 attacks or all of them supported ANYTHING? Show me where I condoned some action of the catholic church. And show where I equated 'these americans' or 'this muslim cultural center' with terrorists?

I gave you similar examples for meat packing plants and PETA, PLO and Lockerbie, etc... showing where I thought while things may be legal, sometimes it is just not the right thing or the smart thing to do

You are off your rocker and infatuated with calling others bigots today... even when no bigotry is being shown at all... you seem to just have your word of the day to slam against anyone who is not in agreement with your particular whim

How is this mosque and these Americans an offense to 9E? By your Nazi reference you are claiming an intimate connection although none exist.

You totally missed the Catholic comparison. It was an official Church order which means it was not a group of extremists yet I don't see people bitching about the world's largest Christian church blackmailing clergy and laymembers in order to protect pedophiles.

What the fuck do you think would happen if the world's largest Muslim church put out the same global order?

How offended would these posters be if it was announced that a large Catholic Church or a Catholic Seminary was going to be built next to an Elementary school or next to a Home for Abused Children?

Here is a good question....

So they want their mosque two blocks away do they? Are they planning on loud speakers calling out for prayer five times a day?

Two blocks in NYC is a relative thing, the long side of the block or the short side. Two block no matter which side it is is not very far.

Actually, in NYC it is....you walk two blocks and you will have passed thru 2 if not 3 cultural areas.

1) There was no intimate connection drawn... You want there to be to bring justification to your inane rant... but showing comparative situations of other things that are not quite right does not mean there is an intimate connection between those things. I guess there is an intimate connection between the mosque and the PLO and the mosque and a meat packing plant too :rolleyes:
2) Show this official order from a non-winger site and keep blogs out of it... please show specifically the order for such a thing... and if it exists, I will condemn it
3) You are showing yourself to be a total idiot with this line of thinking and your little rant

If you have watched me for years, then you know right well that what you are now saying is completely false. So...I guess you are willing to lie...what else are you willing to do if allowed to get away with it? :eusa_eh:
Please link to any argument were you have made any objection to Islam or jihad or Islamic supremacy .

Nice platitude...now, point out what of the Constitution is being interpreted as a "suicide pact"? Be specific, please. I have a copy of it right here.
THE CONSTITUTION IS NOT A SUICIDE PACT
Jefferson's Formulation
Jefferson offered one of the earliest formulations of the sentiment, although not of the phrase. In 1803, Thomas Jefferson's ambassadors to France arranged the purchase of the Louisiana territory in conflict with Jefferson's personal belief that the Constitution did not bestow upon the federal government the right to acquire or possess foreign territory.
Due to political considerations, however, Jefferson disregarded his constitutional doubts, signed the proposed treaty, and sent it to the Senate for ratification.

In justifying his actions, he later wrote: "[a] strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation.

To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means."

The Constitution is anathema to the basic tenet of Islam you cannot take the oath of office and uphold that oath as a practicing muslim .

On that I agree with you. Have you thought about practicing what you preach here? Or is it only lip service with you when things become inconvenient?
You have chosen to ignore the threat of Islam to the country You do not serve the nation or the Constitution by being deliberately obtuse and ignorant .

Yes, it is just another religion...a religion that make some people better and make some people do evil things in its name. It is no different than any other religion I've seen in the history of mankind. Religions don't kill people. People kill people.
Islam is a way of life with its own economic legal and moral structure it is incompatible with liberty and freedom , the only guarantee it offers believers if paradise if one dies fighting in the way of allah.

In what way? Please be specific.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty

What is it I hate? What am I a bigot over? You say these things, now explain them.
You hate because of your perceived sexual oppression .

Another platitude...who said we are not vigilant?

Those whose liberty you throw into the fire with your unconcern for legitimate threats.

Samuel Adams quotes:

Please give me any reason to ignore what Islamic scripture tells muslims to do so Islam becomes the only law on earth?

How offended would these posters be if it was announced that a large Catholic Church or a Catholic Seminary was going to be built next to an Elementary school or next to a Home for Abused Children?

If a large sect/following of the Catholic church went in some mass attack against children in a school, probably not the greatest thing to put a catholic church next to that school later on....

If the state of Idaho decides to go rogue and launch a nuke against an Ottawa government building, probably not the best thing to have a Idaho potato store and tourism center next to that area when it is rebuilt.. even if all Idahoans were not behind it

BBC News, 11 July, 2003

Which is it?

You're a fucking waste of time. You ignore the link and info I provided and post one of your own. Tell ya what ****, i'll respond to yours even though you ignored mine. Look at the context of SELF DEFENSE you dumb fuck. The link you provided did not promote aggressive terrorism. It's speaking strictly about self defense but thank you again for proving you ignore facts and info that doesn't promote your bigotry.

I quoted the same "scholar" you quoted offering the opposite opinion .
So now the equivocation begins. "Self defense" in islam is construed as disbelief. Please twist the panties up another turn.

There is nothing that abrogates this doctrine.
The noble Quran
8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
The noble Quran
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Please link to any argument were you have made any objection to Islam or jihad or Islamic supremacy .

I have no more objection to Islam the religion than I do to Christianity the religion or Judaism the religion and so forth....it's just a religion. People believe it or they don't....I don't.

Jihad is war mongering...pure and simple...just using religion as an EXCUSE. I support it no more than I support CRUSADES or Imperialistic warfare.

Islamic supremacy is a myth....except in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia (our so called ally) and (now) Iraq. They can have it. I have no use for any religious "supremacy".

THE CONSTITUTION IS NOT A SUICIDE PACT
Jefferson's Formulation
Jefferson offered one of the earliest formulations of the sentiment, although not of the phrase. In 1803, Thomas Jefferson's ambassadors to France arranged the purchase of the Louisiana territory in conflict with Jefferson's personal belief that the Constitution did not bestow upon the federal government the right to acquire or possess foreign territory.
Due to political considerations, however, Jefferson disregarded his constitutional doubts, signed the proposed treaty, and sent it to the Senate for ratification.

In justifying his actions, he later wrote: "[a] strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation.

To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means."

The Constitution is anathema to the basic tenet of Islam you cannot take the oath of office and uphold that oath as a practicing muslim .

So...you are against the 1st amendment, or at least the Freedom of Religion part...and you are also against the Constitution itself, Article VI which states that there will be no religious test required for ANY office or public trust.

You have chosen to ignore the threat of Islam to the country You do not serve the nation or the Constitution by being deliberately obtuse and ignorant .

There is NO threat of Islam to this country. There is a threat of fanatics, religious and otherwise...as there has been for quite a long time. For a while, it was communists, facists, anarchists, etc. Now it's fanatics using their religion as an excuse. You are the same...you are using THEIR religion as an excuse.

Islam is a way of life with its own economic legal and moral structure it is incompatible with liberty and freedom , the only guarantee it offers believers if paradise if one dies fighting in the way of allah.

No, it's just another religion...being used by people to control others. It's about 600 years younger than Christianity....look back at Christianity 600 years ago and you see the same thing...same excuses...same behavior.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty

Indeed. And....?

You hate because of your perceived sexual oppression .

Whaaaaaa? :lol::lol::lol:

Those whose liberty you throw into the fire with your unconcern for legitimate threats.

Who's liberty am I throwing in the fire? You are still not being specific. How can you be vigilant if you aren't specific?

Samuel Adams quotes:

Please give me any reason to ignore what Islamic scripture tells muslims to do so Islam becomes the only law on earth?

Same reason we use to ignore Judaic scripture and Christian scripture telling people to do the same thing....how come you aren't running around with your hair's on fire about that too?

If a large sect/following of the Catholic church went in some mass attack against children in a school, probably not the greatest thing to put a catholic church next to that school later on....

If the state of Idaho decides to go rogue and launch a nuke against an Ottawa government building, probably not the best thing to have a Idaho potato store and tourism center next to that area when it is rebuilt.. even if all Idahoans were not behind it

So, you are only on about this because of numbers. I'm sure the families of those hundreds, if not thousands molested are comforted.

So, you are only on about this because of numbers. I'm sure the families of those hundreds, if not thousands molested are comforted.

Boy.. you like to put words in someone's mouth, don't you

Hmmmm... an individual priest from whatever church molests children at a youth center and burns it to the ground... as it is being rebuilt and after that priest served whatever time, I would not really condone that priest moving into a house next door... would not really be a church issue unless a recognized portion within that church called for and condoned the action

Kind of like if it were just an individual act, unsupported by some religious sect, that caused the 9/11 attack... and that religious sect later wanted to open a center near the site, I would not have a problem.... but this was indeed carried out by a particular sect within the religion.....

And as stated, while I support the legal right for them to do this.. I PERSONALLY don't like it and think is is not the best choice in action or the best thing to do

Forum List

Back