Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

next we'll be seeing them riding in on horses.

these people are starting to remind me of thugs from the old west.

It is not a "clear threat".. it is a demonstration and expression of the rights they hold dear... there is no correlation between a law abiding citizen carrying a weapon in demonstration and some 'lunatic' trying some forceful action against the President

Dave, as said earlier, if this were a 2nd Amendment protest, I might agree with you, but this is different and as far as I can see these people were sending messages to the President. I think those messages are inappropriate.

Immie

This all ends when the secret service decides what the parameters are for guns being carried like this. When they say no guns anywhere near where the president is, that is it. At that point, it wont be a second amendment issue, you will be locked up for breaking the law. Period.

Ah, but they are rightist thugs with automatic weapons. Still, they ain't nothing.

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

Sooner or later there will be violence.

How is saying what they've been saying for years getting more and more extreme?

There already has been violence. When union thugs beat the crap out of Conservative protestors. Where was your outrage then?

Chrissy the shitstain thinks those protestors deserve the beatings.

Well, Chrissy isn't as bright as the barrel of any of those firearms... but what we can be sure of, is that there will be no beatings of any protesters in Phoenix.

Such intimidation is reserved for locations where the carrying of a firearm is 'illegal'...

Which tells any non-idiot all they need to know about why such laws exist in the first place.

Big tough 'Union MEN!' aren't prone to intimidate 5' tall, grey headed old ladies... who happen to be carrying a .45 caliber APC...

Of course, there's no reason why the Union thugs couldn't carry their OWN .45 caliber APC... Right?

Which Chrissy and comrades would claim would ONLY INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD OF VIOLENCE...

But here's the thing... Violence is a usually a function of people who don't BELIEVE that they're going to get their ass beat... they pop off at the mouth as if they're immune from it, until someone crushes their skull with a bat.

That same person will likely not be found talking shit again...

Now that same goes double for those carrying firearms... usually they understand what those things DO... and they don't want to have that done to them.

So while the Union thugs could arm themselves... agaisnt the tide of senior citizens determined to prevent them from empowering themselves at the Seniors expense... they don't want to get shot... and they damn well KNOW that where they are found imparting violence upon an armed senior... they're gonna BE SHOT!

Thus the axiom: An Armed Society is a polite society...

What rightist rage are you talking about? ...

Well keep pushin douschbag and I expect you'll find out; the bad news sis is that to find out, you have to release it.

And neither of us want to go there...

So I'm asking ya... Nicely... PLEASE... Don't keep pushing to usurp our rights... Stop trying to implement a tyrannical scheme...

PLEASE!

DON'T!

STOP!

Now I ask, because I like my life... I don't want to see it all evaporate into a mind bending merciless civil war... but if it does... I don't want to suffer the pangs of guilt, in knowing that I didn't do everything within my means to stop it... So that I can go about the inenviable task of ridding this planet of the virulent human infection known as Leftism and the Leftists who carry it.

Oh, if you're disturbed by THAT... you're just not going TO BELIEVE what Nature has planned to cure this problem... Join me in begging the Left to stop the insanity... Help me try to reason with the unreasonable... Let us unite to work towards shutting down the subversion of our nations founding principles and return her to her stable, principled moorings... to preclude a need of a natural correction.

It might work and wouldn't that be just lovely?

I'd have to say that in my opinion the problem of insanity does not lie solely with the left, but more appropriately with both the extreme left and the extreme right. The unreasonable? By that I would assume you mean those morons we have all elected to create the mess we have in Washington and by shutting down the subversion of our nation's founding principles, I would hope you mean by throwing those very same morons out of Washington and putting in honest, hard-working Americans who care more about this country than the greed and power that comes with political office... I'm for it! Lead the way.

Immie

My state is open-carry, and has complete state pre-emption of all gun laws.
you have your own, right?

No. My father was going to give me one of his, but I think I'd rather find one on my own. I need something that is relatively easy to load and shoot (I'm a wuss when it comes to hand-strength lol).

Never considered this before, but do shooting ranges lease out guns to try ? I would hate to put that much into something I couldn't use...

Believe me, I have no problem with open-carry. I simply don't think it is appropriate to carry weapons in this manner at a political event and especially not around the President of the United States. Despite what those with whom I usually agree have stated here, the message is a clear threat not only to the President but also to peace and to the nation that I love.

Are there times when revolt is appropriate? Yes. Is that time now? Maybe.

But carrying those weapons around like chicken shit thugs trying to intimidate people who voice an opinion different than your own is not the responsible thing to do.

Immie

Last edited:

No. My father was going to give me one of his, but I think I'd rather find one on my own. I need something that is relatively easy to load and shoot (I'm a wuss when it comes to hand-strength lol).

Never considered this before, but do shooting ranges lease out guns to try ? I would hate to put that much into something I couldn't use...
i bet they do
a local archery range rents bows and arrows ;)

Oh, I live in a safe area and have a cop next door lol. But still...

I wanted one when I was traveling (did night work in some not so savory areas). The only problem was I went from state to state, so I was worried about having to deal with the laws and regulations (state or local). My last travel assignment was UBER secure (the Feds), and I wouldn't have been allowed on the property with a weapon, no matter how I carried it.

It is not a "clear threat".. it is a demonstration and expression of the rights they hold dear... there is no correlation between a law abiding citizen carrying a weapon in demonstration and some 'lunatic' trying some forceful action against the President

Dave, as said earlier, if this were a 2nd Amendment protest, I might agree with you, but this is different and as far as I can see these people were sending messages to the President. I think those messages are inappropriate.

Immie

This all ends when the secret service decides what the parameters are for guns being carried like this. When they say no guns anywhere near where the president is, that is it. At that point, it wont be a second amendment issue, you will be locked up for breaking the law. Period.

And that point comes just that much closer to the unknowable point where the genie is released... and everything you've known is gone and cruelty which you can't even begin to imagine are an intrinsic part of your every waking hour.

Join me in asking the Left to stop... As the only means to stop it is to convince the aggressor to desist from that aggreesion.

You can't prevent a war by stepping on the oppressed... at best all that will do is put it off... storing more rage... more angst and the laws of thermodynamics tend to discourage that where the goal is not a violent explosive release of stored energy.

So Join me in encouraging the Left to desist from their aggressive implementation of right usurping policy...

PLEASE...

DON'T!

STOP!

Believe me, I have no problem with open-carry. I simply don't think it is appropriate to carry weapons in this manner at a political event and especially not around the President of the United States. Despite what those with whom I usually agree have stated here, the message is a clear threat not only to the President but also to peace and to the nation that I love.

Are there times when revolt is appropriate? Yes. Is that time now? Maybe.

But carrying those weapons around like chicken shit thugs trying to intimidate people who voice an opinion different than your own is not the responsible thing to do.

Immie

Oh, I agree. And I think it's going to backfire on those of us who fully support the 2nd.

Oh, if you're disturbed by THAT... you're just not going TO BELIEVE what Nature has planned to cure this problem... Join me in begging the Left to stop the insanity... Help me try to reason with the unreasonable... Let us unite to work towards shutting down the subversion of our nations founding principles and return her to her stable, principled moorings... to preclude a need of a natural correction.

It might work and wouldn't that be just lovely?

I'd have to say that in my opinion the problem of insanity does not lie solely with the left, but more appropriately with both the extreme left and the extreme right. The unreasonable? By that I would assume you mean those morons we have all elected to create the mess we have in Washington and by shutting down the subversion of our nation's founding principles, I would hope you mean by throwing those very same morons out of Washington and putting in honest, hard-working Americans who care more about this country than the greed and power that comes with political office... I'm for it! Lead the way.

Immie

His idea of begging the left to stop the insanity is citing that there are no leftist Americans over and over again while overtly hinting that sooner or later he's going to have to start busting caps in their asses.

This man is no patriot.

i bet they do
a local archery range rents bows and arrows ;)

I kick ass in archery :cool:

I used to shoot a lot. One of my earliest memories is Dad teaching me how to dismantle and clean his guns and rifles. He taught me to shoot; my little brother was never interested.

I may have to learn all over again; everything Dad taught me (batting, kicking football, shooting, fishing) he taught me right handed, and I'm a lefty lol.

Immie

And that point comes just that much closer to the unknowable point where the genie is released... and everything you've known is gone and cruelty which you can't even begin to imagine are an intrinsic part of your every waking hour.

Join me in asking the Left to stop... As the only means to stop it is to convince the aggressor to desist from that aggreesion.

You can't prevent a war by stepping on the oppressed... at best all that will do is put it off... storing more rage... more angst and the laws of thermodynamics tend to discourage that where the goal is not a violent explosive release of stored energy.

So Join me in encouraging the Left to desist from their aggressive implementation of right usurping policy...

PLEASE...

DON'T!

STOP!

Ease up. We're all in this together, ya know.

Publius, you mess with the Secret Service you are going to end up face down in the dust. Think, huh?

Forum List

Back