Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

My state is open-carry, and has complete state pre-emption of all gun laws.

Believe me, I have no problem with open-carry. I simply don't think it is appropriate to carry weapons in this manner at a political event and especially not around the President of the United States. Despite what those with whom I usually agree have stated here, the message is a clear threat not only to the President but also to peace and to the nation that I love.

Are there times when revolt is appropriate? Yes. Is that time now? Maybe.

But carrying those weapons around like chicken shit thugs trying to intimidate people who voice an opinion different than your own is not the responsible thing to do.

Immie

Your position boils down to treat people like criminals before they actually do something, because someone might come down with a bad case of the stuck on stupid, and someone may get hurt. That doesn't strike you as nanny state? Did your parents ever rule you as guilty ahead of time, even though you hadn't actually done anything wrong? If so, did that make you mad?

They didn't do anything wrong. Did some of them feed the stereotype that so many have about people with guns? They may have. I don't know as I was not there. Either way, take action if one of them breaks the law.

I think a lot of people have gotten so used to the government enemas, that when they see some of their fellow Americans expressing their rights in a legal manner, even if it may be unpopular, a lot of people get fearful and start coming down on the law-abiding gun toters, instead of the government that has been crawling up everyone's butt.

Believe me, I have no problem with open-carry. I simply don't think it is appropriate to carry weapons in this manner at a political event and especially not around the President of the United States. Despite what those with whom I usually agree have stated here, the message is a clear threat not only to the President but also to peace and to the nation that I love.

But carrying those weapons around like chicken shit thugs trying to intimidate people who voice an opinion different than your own is not the responsible thing to do.

Immie

Your position boils down to treat people like criminals before they actually do something, because someone might come down with a bad case of the stuck on stupid, and someone may get hurt. That doesn't strike you as nanny state? Did your parents ever rule you as guilty ahead of time, even though you hadn't actually done anything wrong? If so, did that make you mad?

They didn't do anything wrong. Did some of them feed the stereotype that so many have about people with guns? They may have. I don't know as I was not there. Either way, take action if one of them breaks the law.

I think a lot of people have gotten so used to the government enemas, that when they see some of their fellow Americans expressing their rights in a legal manner, even if it may be unpopular, a lot of people get fearful and start coming down on the law-abiding gun toters, instead of the government that has been crawling up everyone's butt.

Exercising a right doesn't mean it can't be a stupid thing to do in the context of the situation.

Oh, if you're disturbed by THAT... you're just not going TO BELIEVE what Nature has planned to cure this problem... Join me in begging the Left to stop the insanity... Help me try to reason with the unreasonable... Let us unite to work towards shutting down the subversion of our nations founding principles and return her to her stable, principled moorings... to preclude a need of a natural correction.

It might work and wouldn't that be just lovely?

I'd have to say that in my opinion the problem of insanity does not lie solely with the left, but more appropriately with both the extreme left and the extreme right.

Well there actually is no extreme right... The proof of that is that the Left exists and is prospering... advancing. If there were an extreme right, such would not have survived to a point where such advances were even conceivable, let alone, possible.

The unreasonable? By that I would assume you mean those morons we have all elected to create the mess we have in Washington and by shutting down the subversion of our nation's founding principles, I would hope you mean by throwing those very same morons out of Washington and putting in honest, hard-working Americans who care more about this country than the greed and power that comes with political office... I'm for it! Lead the way.

By unreasonable, I mean those incapable of reason... OKA: Leftists...

If removing legislators from office would solve the problem... there would be no problem.

Leftism is a virulent ideology which preys upon human weaknesses... and it's slowly but steadily strengthened in the US culture to the point where such is now replete througout the US government. Entrenched in the unelected bureaucracy... throughout acedemia and as a result... the only cure is to burn it out.

I'd prefer they simply turn from their subversion... but of course they will not.

At this point we're being set up... in short order, we'll witness a catastrophe which will be said to require RADICAL ACTION... MARTIAL LAW... and major modifications to the rights of the individual and the power of Federal governance.

At that point, the US will step off into Civil War and it will be an awful thing... and it will be 100% the fault of those who caused it and they will pay dearly, wholly and completely... and this will prove in finality that stupidty comes with a heavy price and it serves no one's interests to tolerate such, in the name of 'tolerance,' not the least of which are the stupid.

Immie

Exercising a right doesn't mean it can't be a stupid thing to do in the context of the situation.
which is what many have said
then we find out the man in question went to the police to make sure his intentions were known
he was just following the law

which is what many have said
then we find out the man in question went to the police to make sure his intentions were known
he was just following the law

There was more than one.

I don't think I have ever said they were criminals or that anything they were doing was illegal. Stupid... yes. A threat... yes, but never did I say what they were doing was illegal. I have said that what they were doing was wrong and bad for America.

As for my parents ruling me guilty ahead of time, let me go one better than that. I have been accused of a crime that I did not commit by the State of California. Let me also tell you, that the motto that we all live by, "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply in the state's mind.

In this case these gunmen are not breaking the law. They even have the legal right to be there, but just because I have the legal right to do something does not mean that I should do it. These gunmen are attempting to send a message to the government and threaten the President. I'm sorry, but that is not what I think Americans should be doing. Seems more to me like what would be done in the Middle East.

Have we sunk that far? Are we becoming the barbarians whom we are at war with?

Immie

I heard a guy on the radio today say, if me as a black man came to a Bush speech with 6 of my black friends...armed in Arizona, I wonder what would have happened.

It is an interesting question. Black GUYS armed at a Bush speech.

Immie

Well, it occurs to me that what protects the President, to the extent of their means are men with guns... most of whom it is a natural certainty, stand wholly against everything this President stands for, ideologically... and no one seems to be wetting their pants that those men are a danger to the President.

Why is that do ya suppose?

Now let's assume for the sake of argument that the guy walking down the street openly carrying his firearm... who's been convicted by the anti-Americans as a dangerous person because of his firearm, is a guy that retired from the SS Presidential Detail the day before.

On Tuesday he's a highly trained professional whose skills, particularly his skills with a firearm protected the President... but on Wednesday... he's just a nut with a gun.

People who carry firearms know the ramifications of those weapons and they take their responsibilities seriously... and they seriously don't want to use their firearms, just marginally less than they want some one to abuse them, or threaten their lives, their rights or their means to pursue the fulfillment of their lives.

They're carrying their fire arms to prevent people from threatening them... it's a sign... and it says:

PLEASE!

DON'T!

STOP!

I heard a guy on the radio today say, if me as a black man came to a Bush speech with 6 of my black friends...armed in Arizona, I wonder what would have happened.

and yet ANOTHER whiney liberal punk playing the race card.

nice setup, fuckwad
but it was just another FAIL

nice setup, fuckwad

Perhaps, but I doubt we'd be seeing as many defending their right to carry.

nice setup, fuckwad

if they did what the ONE guy at the rally did, then i would
btw, it was ONLY one guy in AZ
the other guy was in NH
and neither of them caused any trouble

The Constitution cites 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble'. Clearly the inclusion of the word 'peaceably' indicates that the people do not have the right to assemble non-peacefully.

Carrying weapons concealed or unconcealed to a political rally or protest constitutes a non-peaceful armed mob - not a peaceful demonstaration.

The message that these idiots conveyed was clear - their action were intended as a threat to the freely and legally elected President of the United States and to Democracy. Not to mention creating a huge potential public safety hazard.

On a practical basis, allowing people to carry automatic weapons to rallys just outside of a Presidential venue creates a situation where a large number of extremely well armed and coordinated militants could easily launch an overwehlming attack against the President.

It's my not-so-humble opinion that everyone that is known to have or does carry weapons to any Presidential venue or associated rally should be arrested and charged with sedition.

Arrested and charged with sedition for what exactly? Carrying a gun in a lawful manner does not constitute sedition. How do you arrive at that conclusion?

How do I arrive at that conclusion? Are you kidding?

Try rereading my post. Take it SLOWLY. Think a bit about every sentence before moving on to the next. Perhaps the second to last statement interrupts the logic of the argument - it's little off on a tangent, but try real hard and maybe with a little effort you'll get it.

nice setup, fuckwad

the other guy was in NH

There was only one in arizona?

Dozen Armed With Guns Protest Obama Speech
About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the Phoenix convention center where President Obama was giving a speech.

Dozen Armed With Guns Protest Obama Speech - Political News - FOXNews.com

Way to fact check..

PHOENIX -- About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday -- the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

Immie

Ya right, remind us who was intimidated? The only intimidation going on is by the left and Main Stream news trying to paint the lawful carrying of weapons as some kind of threat. Once again retard, the Secret Service, which is task with the Presidents protection has stated these people are NO THREAT AT ALL, they do not even impact the security or procedures the Secret Service employ.

Remind us again how you are opposed to large Union thugs and club wielding black panthers from intimidating people at polling booths and town hall meetings.

the other guy was in NH

About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the Phoenix convention center where President Obama was giving a speech.

Way to fact check..

PHOENIX -- About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday -- the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.
ah, you got me on that one

congrats, you are a winner on the interwebs

the other guy was in NH

Way to fact check..

I was gonna say...

the other guy was in NH

Way to fact check..

I was gonna say...
yeah, i know, i made a mistake
it happens rarely ;)

i was refering to the "one with military" and forgot the other
my bad

Let me make this clear:

These people carry weapons were breaking the law.

Once again - the constitution states that people have the right to PEACEFUL assembly. Carry weapons to a political rally constitutes an armed mob that is a clear threat to the peace. They ARE NOT PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLING.

They are also infringing on the rights of everyone else who wants to assemble peacefully - because any intelligent person should construe that armed persons at a demonstration are armed for the purpose of non-peaceful actions and constitute a very real threat to the peace. Thereby violating everyone elses right to peaceful assembly.

Forum List

Back