Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

navy is a good guy
maybe he hasnt seen that one guy had already talked to the police and they were in an area where it was allowed

Well Dive I had not seen that , but you know still in Arizona no matter where they are they can carry these weapons in the open as long as they meet state law. That is perhaps whey the Secret Service has no issue with it. Still though is why I had said, thay these people in carrying these weapons by doing so were not putting anyones life in danger but themselves. So all this hype over this issue is nothing but nonsense. The Secret Service would have had thse people in Joe's Motel had they thought for a moment they represented or thought they were about to commit a crime against the President. Again, while some may think that carrying weapons anywhere is fine, and I respect their opinion, my opinion is that some places carrying a weapon may not be appropriate i.e. to a Presidential rally, or my daughters college graduation. It's a matter of opinion on that one.

Great post..oh and I see you know about our Sheriff Joe. :eek:

How can you live in Arizona and not know about Joe? Say what you will about the man , love him or hate him he has no issues getting re-elected.

Don't bother with facts he is incapable of understanding them as is Navy1960 as well. Next we will hear how where ever the President drives the cops and the Secret Service are free to arrest and disarm law abiding citizens for simply being on that street. You know when the Citizenry doesn't even know where he will be driving till he does.
navy is a good guy
maybe he hasnt seen that one guy had already talked to the police and they were in an area where it was allowed

Well Dive I had not seen that , but you know still in Arizona no matter where they are they can carry these weapons in the open as long as they meet state law. That is perhaps whey the Secret Service has no issue with it. Still though is why I had said, thay these people in carrying these weapons by doing so were not putting anyones life in danger but themselves. So all this hype over this issue is nothing but nonsense. The Secret Service would have had thse people in Joe's Motel had they thought for a moment they represented or thought they were about to commit a crime against the President. Again, while some may think that carrying weapons anywhere is fine, and I respect their opinion, my opinion is that some places carrying a weapon may not be appropriate i.e. to a Presidential rally, or my daughters college graduation. It's a matter of opinion on that one.
i agree, it was a stupid stunt
and i have already said that they should be ready for the secret service public rectal exam if they did think they posed a security risk

navy is a good guy

i agree, it was a stupid stunt
and i have already said that they should be ready for the secret service public rectal exam if they did think they posed a security risk

Stupid stunt for a stupid president--appropriate I'd say.

Im sorry but while I only wanted to respond to one aspect of your post I am forced by the RULES to quote the entirety of your post and I was forced to report you for having altered these TWO posts... by the same RULE!

How does carrying a fire arm intimidate a political opponent, if that opponent intends you no malice?

All the firearms say is: 'if you threaten my life, or those around me, I'll kill ya.'

Now I can see where if the opposition's goal is intimidation that the firearms would tend to roll that back. But that's what they're designed to do...

Is it your position that the President was there to initimidate them?

No problem on reporting me. I saw your thread on the rule and I do not believe that I have violated the spirit of that rule. If Gunny or another moderator thinks I have and cares to warn me about it, I will follow their request. Until such a time, I will with long quotes remove unnecessary parts of a quote if I feel compelled to do so.

All the firearms say is: 'if you threaten my life, or those around me, I'll kill ya.'

I disagree. People use firearms all the time when no one is threatening them. Use them to kill too.

RetiredGySgt lambasted me about the black panthers (which by the way he didn't know what he was talking about because I spoke out against them as well) who were intimidating white voters in Philadelphia. One of those guys held a billy club and although as far as I know he didn't say a word to white voters as they approached, the meaning was clear. What if he had a gun? Do you think the meaning would have been any more clearer?

Those people were there with the intention of intimidating opponents. That was why they brought the weapons in the first place. They had a message they wanted to send out and that was exactly what they did. They got their message out loud and clear.

I did not once state that the weapons should be taken from those at the protest. I did state that they should not have been brought in the first place. There are times and places for wielding a weapon and IMHO that was neither the time nor the place. They had the right to carry those weapons, but as I said earlier, with rights come responsibilities.

Immie

Last edited:
Im sorry but while I only wanted to respond to one aspect of your post I am forced by the RULES to quote the entirety of your post and I was forced to report you for having altered these TWO posts... by the same RULE!

How does carrying a fire arm intimidate a political opponent, if that opponent intends you no malice?

Now I can see where if the opposition's goal is intimidation that the firearms would tend to roll that back. But that's what they're designed to do...

Is it your position that the President was there to initimidate them?

No problem on reporting me. I saw your thread on the rule and I do not believe that I have violated the spirit of that rule. If Gunny or another moderator thinks I have and cares to warn me about it, I will follow their request. Until such a time, I will with long quotes remove unnecessary parts of a quote if I feel compelled to do so.

I disagree. People use firearms all the time when no one is threatening them. Use them to kill too.

RetiredGySgt lambasted me about the black panthers (which by the way he didn't know what he was talking about because I spoke out against them as well) who were intimidating white voters in Philadelphia. One of those guys held a billy club and although as far as I know he didn't say a word to white voters as they approached, the meaning was clear. What if he had a gun? Do you think the meaning would have been any more clearer?

Those people were there with the intention of intimidating opponents. That was why they brought the weapons in the first place. They had a message they wanted to send out and that was exactly what they did. They got their message out loud and clear.

I did not once state that the weapons should be taken for those at the protest. I did state that they should not have been brought in the first place. There are times and places for wielding a weapon and IMHO that was neither the time nor the place. They had the right to carry those weapons, but as I said earlier, with rights come responsibilities.

Immie

Pure speculation

I did not once state that the weapons should be taken for those at the protest. I did state that they should not have been brought in the first place. There are times and places for wielding a weapon and IMHO that was neither the time nor the place. They had the right to carry those weapons, but as I said earlier, with rights come responsibilities.

Immie

Pure speculation

Oh come on duckie, why else would you bring a gun to a political rally?

You just happened to be walking down the street carrying a rifle and fell into the rally? Give me a break.

BTW: in this thread there have been several people that stated the weapons were loaded. I didn't see whether or not they were and how can you tell by looking at a rifle from a far?

Immie

Last edited:

Great post..oh and I see you know about our Sheriff Joe. :eek:

How can you live in Arizona and not know about Joe? Say what you will about the man , love him or hate him he has no issues getting re-elected.

Good point. If you run against him you will be arrested, but you are correct, he does continue to get re elected.

:lol:

Immie

Pure speculation

You just happened to be walking down the street and fell into the rally? Give me a break.

Immie

I know people who have C&C permits that carry their weapon all the time. even to the mall.

Immie

Pure speculation

You just happened to be walking down the street and fell into the rally? Give me a break.

Immie

How about to bring attention to yourself ?
Unless you have something to back up you claim, all you are doing is speculating.

Pure speculation

Immie

Unless you have something to back up you claim, all you are doing is speculating.

That's right... bring attention to yourself so as to scare the shit out of the guy who was about to get down on his knees and praise Obama and Healthcare Reform.

Immie

As for the Secret Service saying there was no threat? Yeah, well, just another set of government officials lying out of their asses.

The secret service isn't going to tip their hand and claim those people were a threat. That's ALL they need to do. I'd be concerned if they had responded other than they did. They play their hand close, and besides... what do you think would happen if they indicated they WERE concerned or considered those people a threat?

Does anyone here really expect them to do anything but play it down?

Immie

That's right... bring attention to yourself so as to scare the shit out of the guy who was about to get down on his knees and praise Obama and Healthcare Reform.

Immie

do you look into people's minds and see their motivation ?
A martian mind-meld sorta thing?

Immie

Well, if your going to get silly then I would say this has gone on long enough.

About all I can say to you is that in this case, you are naive.

Immie

Immie

Immie

Using your logic, a man carrying a gun anywhere in Arizona is threatening all those in his proximity. That would be paranoia.

Immie

that would be a VULCAN mind meld
LOL

Immie

Using your logic, a man carrying a gun anywhere in Arizona is threatening all those in his proximity. That would be paranoia.

What about the confrontational aspect of a political rally such as this don't you understand? Intimidation was a factor here and your denial of it, doesn't change that at all.

Immie

I've seen quite a few defend these people who brought guns to this event in AZ. Do you happen to know if any of them called for the guy you mention above to be prosecuted?

Forum List

Back