Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

which is NOT the same as rape-----ty for making my point

Huh?

The point is that the woman is dressing sexy for a purpose --- to bring attention to themselves.

These men were carrying guns for a reason --- to draw attention to themselves.

maybe---now one knows. Lots of people think they are pretty damn good mind readers tho.

Well, dillo, you haven't provided any sound information that would persuade me to change my mind. As I said, only an idiot would not believe they were there with the express intention of intimidating their opponents and only a liar would state that they weren't knowing full well that they were. Your not an idiot and I have never known you to lie, so I'd have to think your just playing games and I'm getting bored.

Got any more games?

Immie

LMAO------so the simple fact that they carry a weapon ISN'T a deciding factor ?

LMAO---never said it was.

Attitude has its place as well. And those guys were there with attitude.

Immie

I'm glad we determined that the attitude was what bothered you.

With gun comes attitude.

It is a sad world in which we allow our opponents to use threats to achieve their purpose and don't tell me that the presence of a gun at a political rally is not a threat.

Immie

LMAO---never said it was.

Attitude has its place as well. And those guys were there with attitude.

Immie

With gun comes attitude.

It is a sad world in which we allow our opponents to use threats to achieve their purpose and don't tell me that the presence of a gun at a political rally is not a threat.

Immie

Hogwash---you need to get around some people who own and carry.

Well I haven't read all of the posts I haven't the time but after 2 to 3 pages it was pretty obvious everyone is missing the Obvious. Who are the gunning for? NO one given the increasing presence Union thugs attempting to intimidate the opposition at these rallys and the beating of and subsequent trip to the emergency room for an African-American conservative I'd say the weapons are there for defense against the Union goon squads that are operating in support of Obama.

Well I haven't read all of the posts I haven't the time but after 2 to 3 pages it was pretty obvious everyone is missing the Obvious. Who are the gunning for? NO one given the increasing presence Union thugs attempting to intimidate the opposition at these rallys and the beating of and subsequent trip to the emergency room for an African-American conservative I'd say the weapons are there for defense against the Union goon squads that are operating in support of Obama.

another possiblity but Immie is the only one who knows their true motives.:lol:

With gun comes attitude.

Immie

Owning and carrying is not (as I have said in this very thread)... I repeat, not the problem. Carrying at a politically charged rally is the problem. There is only one reason to bring a weapon to such an event and that is to intimidate your opponents. It is an implied threat and it was intentional.

Immie

Let me make this clear:

These people carry weapons were breaking the law.

Once again - the constitution states that people have the right to PEACEFUL assembly. Carry weapons to a political rally constitutes an armed mob that is a clear threat to the peace. They ARE NOT PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLING.

They are also infringing on the rights of everyone else who wants to assemble peacefully - because any intelligent person should construe that armed persons at a demonstration are armed for the purpose of non-peaceful actions and constitute a very real threat to the peace. Thereby violating everyone elses right to peaceful assembly.

So you can do nothing but protest, but if you have a gun its now violent? If they are waving guns around, firing bullets, or hitting people with the gun, yeah you could say they are not peaceably assemble.

You can't possibly argue that a situation where no one is hurt or injured is somehow violent. Your position makes absolutely no sense.

And what statute does this violate exactly? You claim its illegal and point to the first amendment. The constitution doesnt say it's illegal to non-peaceably assemble. Only that we have a right to peaceable assembly. Unless there is a specific statute banning it, it cant possibly be illegal.

With gun comes attitude.

Immie

Owning and carrying is not (as I have said in this very thread)... I repeat, not the problem. Carrying at a politically charged rally is the problem. There is only one reason to bring a weapon to such an event and that is to intimidate your opponents. It is an implied threat and it was intentional.

Immie

which one did you interview ? ( or is this another assumption? )

another possiblity but Immie is the only one who knows their true motives.:lol:

Well, even in that case, admitted as a possibility by dillo, the weapons were being used to intimidate.

Immie

Immie

which one did you interview ? ( or is this another assumption? )

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

Immie

Whats funny about this is, wasnt it Obama saying he would bring a gun to a knife fight so to speak? He said:

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans."

Obama: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun” | Politicususa.com

if he doesnt want to see guns at a protest against the government, then he should lead by example

I'm not sure he has even spoken out about this nor do I even care.

I simply have a problem with the use of threats (and maybe dillo doesn't see a weapon as a threat but most humans do) in order to achieve one's political goals.

I always respect your opinion Avatar, so tell me, do you see these guys as using the rifles to intimidate their opponents or were they just carrying rifles to a political rally because they felt like it?

Immie

They were carrying rifles to try to keep people from being beaten up by union thugs. Seems to have worked.

They were carrying rifles to try to keep people from being beaten up by union thugs. Seems to have worked.

Bet 'cha, dillo doesn't accuse you of trying to be a mind reader! :D

Nor do I believe that union thugs would be scared of the guy, they'd simply come up behind him and sucker punch him as they usually do with people who oppose them.

I doubt you'll ever be able to convince me that those guys didn't go to the rally with the express intention of intimidating their opponents. Even if the guy swore on a stack of Bibles, I'd not believe him.

Immie

Forum List

Back