Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

Well, if your going to get silly then I would say this has gone on long enough.

About all I can say to you is that in this case, you are naive.

Immie

Using your logic, a man carrying a gun anywhere in Arizona is threatening all those in his proximity. That would be paranoia.

What about the confrontational aspect of a political rally such as this don't you understand? Intimidation was a factor here and your denial of it, doesn't change that at all.

Immie

what if someone brought a gun to PROTECT Obama, given the vibe of the past few weeks?

Using your logic, a man carrying a gun anywhere in Arizona is threatening all those in his proximity. That would be paranoia.

What about the confrontational aspect of a political rally such as this don't you understand? Intimidation was a factor here and your denial of it, doesn't change that at all.

Immie

what if someone brought a gun to PROTECT Obama, given the vibe of the past few weeks?

Then they would be idiots.

Well, if your going to get silly then I would say this has gone on long enough.

About all I can say to you is that in this case, you are naive.

Immie

Immie

What is it about pretending to know people's motives that you dont understand. I supposed you also believe that a woman dressed in sexy clothes is asking to be raped ?

Immie

What is it about pretending to know people's motives that you dont understand. I supposed you also believe that a woman dressed in sexy clothes is asking to be raped ?

Nope but she sure as hell is looking for attention.

RetiredGySgt lambasted me about the black panthers (which by the way he didn't know what he was talking about because I spoke out against them as well) who were intimidating white voters in Philadelphia. One of those guys held a billy club and although as far as I know he didn't say a word to white voters as they approached, the meaning was clear. What if he had a gun? Do you think the meaning would have been any more clearer?

I've seen quite a few defend these people who brought guns to this event in AZ. Do you happen to know if any of them called for the guy you mention above to be prosecuted?

No, I don't know of anyone having done so and quite frankly I would hope no one did. As I said, it is not illegal to do so simply irresponsible.

Immie

Now why in the world would anyone want to do that? :)

Actually, that thought did occur to me. I have not seen any news media coverage of this and it is, of course, possible that these guys were there to intimidate those who opposed the President's plan.

That doesn't change anything at all. They were still there to intimidate their opponents. That is how thugs work. That is not how America works.

Immie

Immie

which is NOT the same as rape-----ty for making my point

Nope, but she might be looking to get laid.

Immie

which is NOT the same as rape-----ty for making my point

Huh?

The point is that the woman is dressing sexy for a purpose --- to bring attention to themselves.

These men were carrying guns for a reason --- to draw attention to themselves.

PHOENIX – About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest - Yahoo! News

I am no fan of the President, but this is disturbing to me. The message is clear and quite frankly, I think inappropriate. Not to mention just plain stupid. Notice that at least one of the guys wouldn't identify himself.

Immie

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

Sooner or later there will be violence.

YEP...kinda like the riots after rodney king. How about that lunatic from the left that shot Reagan?

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest - Yahoo! News

I am no fan of the President, but this is disturbing to me. The message is clear and quite frankly, I think inappropriate. Not to mention just plain stupid. Notice that at least one of the guys wouldn't identify himself.

Immie

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

YEP...kinda like the riots after rodney king. How about that lunatic from the left that shot Reagan?

I thought Hinckly shot Reagan to get into Jodie Foster's pants.

I thought Hinckly shot Reagan to get into Jodie Foster's pants.

:lol: so he was fed by the ravings of a leftwing actress that really wasn't all that to begin with. How sad!!!

Forum List

Back