Tim Walz Accused Of Stolen Valor By Other Members Of His Unit

Someone said he was a Command SGT Major, but I'm reading now that he didn't pass the SGT Major's Academy nor did he achieve the rank of SGT Major.

He was only conditionally assigned the position in a National Guard unit but didn't qualify for the position.

"Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, recently announced as Kamala Harris’ running mate for the 2024 election, has been accused of stolen valor by retired leaders of the Minnesota National Guard.

Retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr published a scathing letter in the West Central Tribune, exposing what they claim are significant fabrications and omissions in Walz’s military record.

Walz, who served in the US House of Representatives for 12 years before being elected governor in 2018, has long touted his military service as a key component of his public image.

The retired leaders assert it is their duty to expose what they describe as a pattern of deception regarding Walz’s military career.

Key Points from the Letter:​

• Reenlistment and Academy Enrollment: Tim Walz reenlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard on September 18, 2001, committing to a six-year term. He was selected to attend the prestigious United States Army Sergeants Major Academy but failed to complete the course, which comes with specific obligations.
  • Deployment and Promotion: In late summer 2003, Walz deployed with the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon returning to Minnesota in 2004, he was conditionally promoted to Command Sergeant Major but did not meet the conditions required for that promotion.
  • Quitting Before Deployment: In early 2005, as his unit prepared for mobilization to Iraq, Walz abruptly quit, leaving his fellow soldiers without leadership. His rationale—claiming he needed to retire to run for Congress—has been challenged by the retired sergeants major, who argue he could have sought permission to run while remaining in service.
  • Misrepresentation of Service: The letter highlights discrepancies in Walz’s statements about his military tenure. While he claims to be the highest-ranking enlisted service member ever to serve in Congress, critics point out that he was only conditionally promoted and subsequently reduced in rank due to his departure from the academy."
Tim Walz left National Guard battalion ‘hanging,’ ‘slithered out the door’ before Iraq deployment: vets

He has to debate a Marine who was deployed to Iraq

Someone said he was a Command SGT Major, but I'm reading now that he didn't pass the SGT Major's Academy nor did he achieve the rank of SGT Major.

He was only conditionally assigned the position in a National Guard unit but didn't qualify for the position.

"Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, recently announced as Kamala Harris’ running mate for the 2024 election, has been accused of stolen valor by retired leaders of the Minnesota National Guard.

Retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr published a scathing letter in the West Central Tribune, exposing what they claim are significant fabrications and omissions in Walz’s military record.

Walz, who served in the US House of Representatives for 12 years before being elected governor in 2018, has long touted his military service as a key component of his public image.

The retired leaders assert it is their duty to expose what they describe as a pattern of deception regarding Walz’s military career.

Key Points from the Letter:​

• Reenlistment and Academy Enrollment: Tim Walz reenlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard on September 18, 2001, committing to a six-year term. He was selected to attend the prestigious United States Army Sergeants Major Academy but failed to complete the course, which comes with specific obligations.
  • Deployment and Promotion: In late summer 2003, Walz deployed with the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon returning to Minnesota in 2004, he was conditionally promoted to CommandSergeant Major but did not meet the conditions required for that promotion.
  • Quitting Before Deployment: In early 2005, as his unit prepared for mobilization to Iraq, Walz abruptly quit, leaving his fellow soldiers without leadership. His rationale—claiming he needed to retire to run for Congress—has been challenged by the retired sergeants major, who argue he could have sought permission to run while remaining in service.
  • Misrepresentation of Service: The letter highlights discrepancies in Walz’s statements about his military tenure. While he claims to be the highest-ranking enlisted service member ever to serve in Congress, critics point out that he was only conditionally promoted and subsequently reduced in rank due to his departure from the academy."

Yeah. You go ahead and stick with that one, against Cadet Bone Spurs, and I can't go to the WW1 cemetary on D Day because my hair will get wet, and don't bring those wounded vets in here again, because nobody wants to see that, and those guys were suckers and losers.

Compared to the guy with 24 years of service, and then the Chair of the Armed Services Committee, that got all of those Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, Benefits that Trump and Republicans tried to roll back.

I can't wait to see how that works out for you.

Who spent the whole war in an air-conditioned office. I wish I had an air-conditioned office when I was in.

Here's the reality. Most people who served in the military never get shot at.

Yep, and we need to dig into the obvious trumphumping swift boaters records, and find out what their deal is.

Vance was deployed, he showed up and had no control over where he was going, Walz abandoned the men he was supposed to command!

No, he completed his term of RESERVE Service, because he had better things to do.

The real problem with the "War on Terror" is how it really abused the National Guard by sending the same units back in over and over again, because our politicians didn't have the courage to institute a draft.

Depends if orders were cut for his deployment or his rank.

It does seem interesting that the MN NG didn't fight the issue all that much when he put in his papers. There's a lot of politics that go on in the National Guard (unfortunately). My guess is that at his age, he was really not physically ready for a deployment, and everyone knew it.

Who spent the whole war in an air-conditioned office. I wish I had an air-conditioned office when I was in.

Here's the reality. Most people who served in the military never get shot at.

Yep, this is a fact.

Forum List

Back