Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

yeah, cause he couldnt be anything but a token, right ?

It WAS staged; the interviewer freely admitted it in a CNN interview. Said he's known the guy for about 2 years, and they planned it all.
planned what?
to show up?
uh, no kidding

Ah no.

He and Chris (the guy with the rifle) planned the whole thing, interview, etc. When I first saw it, it looked like this guy had just happened to see 'Chris' and decided to talk to him. That wasn't the case. It was all planned out between the two.

Arizona is no different from Texas or most other south/southwestern states. If you take the safety course, you get a conceal/carry license. If Obama showed up here in my small Texas town, I would wear my 357 just to show the liberal idiot that this is not his country, but instead it is the country of Americans who believe in the constitution and the amendment rights.

Arizona is no different from Texas or most other south/southwestern states. If you take the safety course, you get a conceal/carry license. If Obama showed up here in my small Texas town, I would wear my 357 just to show the liberal idiot that this is not his country, but instead it is the country of Americans who believe in the constitution and the amendment rights.

There shouldn't be carry/conceal licenses.

It WAS staged; the interviewer freely admitted it in a CNN interview. Said he's known the guy for about 2 years, and they planned it all.
planned what?
to show up?
uh, no kidding

Ah no.

He and Chris (the guy with the rifle) planned the whole thing, interview, etc. When I first saw it, it looked like this guy had just happened to see 'Chris' and decided to talk to him. That wasn't the case. It was all planned out between the two.
i still dont get what you sayin

planned what?
to show up?
uh, no kidding

Ah no.

Yep all staged...
Man beaten outside Carnahan forum speaks out | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO
Gladney's attorney said a civil suit was pending against the attackers.

Six arrests were made at the Carnahan forum that night.

Hey asshole...he does believe in the constituion and all that.

Don't you have an American flag to go bow down to?

Damned document worshipper!

yeah, that old piece of paper doesnt mean anything, does it

Crazy Libertarians...

The protester carrying an AR-15 rifle outside President Barack Obama's speech in Phoenix on Monday staged the "publicity stunt" with the help of two local Libertarian groups that have worked with the man on Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

Before attending a pro-Obama health-care reform rally outside the Phoenix Convention Center, the man only known as "Chris" rendezvoused with members of RP4409 and Freedom's Phoenix at the latter group's Phoenix radio and TV studios. That's according to Freedom's Phoenix Publisher Ernest Hancock, who is credited with coining and designing the logo for the "Ron Paul r3VOLution..."

"We will forcefully resist people imposing their will on us through the strength of the majority with a vote," Chris later tells an Obama supporter in the video. "Just because you sic the government on people doesn't make it morally OK to steal money from people. Taxation is theft."

Chris declined Monday to provide any personal information about himself. But Hancock, who had Chris on his online radio show this morning, said the young man is a Valley resident, an independent conservative and a member of the John Birch Society.

Chris' firearms display (he also was carrying a 9mm pistol on his hip) drew national media attention, including stories from CNN, the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. But openly carrying firearms in public is legal in Arizona.

"He had no intention of doing anything except educating law enforcement that you can do this. He had no intention of getting the kind of attention he got," said Hancock, who was among the dozen demonstrators openly carrying firearms at the rally and protest.

"He represents a growing demographic of his age bracket that understands that they are the ones who will saddled with enormous debt and expense for the benefit of other generations who will not be around to pay for it," added Hancock, who unsuccessfully has run as a Libertarian for U.S. Senate, Congress, secretary of state and most recently in 2008, Maricopa County recorder.

"It's all about taking from an entire generation everything that they have..."

Hancock also said the gun display was planned well in advance of Monday's protest. Hancock personally met with a Phoenix police officer on Friday, informing him that his group planned to bring firearms to the event.

Sanchez suggested many people would see it as a "publicity stunt."

Responded Hancock: "Absolutely -- you guys are so easy. What we wanted to do was make sure that people around the country knew that law enforcement in Phoenix, Arizona, protects our rights. Oftentimes, the citizenry are better armed than law enforcement."

Source...

planned what?
to show up?
uh, no kidding

Ah no.

i still dont get what you sayin

That the two planned it out. Not sure how I can clarify more than that.

I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't allow "open carry." Though I suppose they may allow it if you have a CCW, you would know better than I. I do know that there is an effort to bring "open carry" to the state. The beauty of Arizona, and a few other states, is, if you can legally own a gun, you can legally carry it without a permit as long as it is in plain sight.

Actually, I do salute the American flag that I have in my front yard that is properly displayed on a pole. I served my country in the Vietnam war, and have the scars to prove it. However, I sometimes wonder why I did it for young, ignorant punks like you who have no appreciation for the flag and what it stands for. No, I am not a document worshiper, but I do abide by the laws of the state of Texas. You may want to consider doing the same in your state, and consider to stop calling people of the internet disicuous names since it indicates yourlack of an education, and indicates you are not tolerent to people of a slightly different thought process from your own ignorant background.

You can give Republicans all the facts in the world and they will still deny it to high heavens.

You tell them it was staged, they say "prove it." You prove it and they say "I don't believe you."

Its one nonsense after the other with them.

Actually, I do salute the American flag that I have in my front yard that is properly displayed on a pole. I served my country in the Vietnam war, and have the scars to prove it. However, I sometimes wonder why I did it for young, ignorant punks like you who have no appreciation for the flag and what it stands for. No, I am not a document worshiper, but I do abide by the laws of the state of Texas. You may want to consider doing the same in your state, and consider to stop calling people of the internet disicuous names since it indicates yourlack of an education, and indicates you are not tolerent to people of a slightly different thought process from your own ignorant background.
A Republican speaking of tolerance.

What a joke!!

Anyway, now thats out of the way. I'm willing to be civil to you since you've demonstrated some semblance of common sense and civility.

So lets move on from this point.

Deal?

You can give Republicans all the facts in the world and they will still deny it to high heavens.

You tell them it was staged, they say "prove it." You prove it and they say "I don't believe you."

Its one nonsense after the other with them.

I'm sure the police made 6 arrests because it was all staged.

Every US citizen has the right to use their weapons against ANYONE 'if the need be...' where that 'need be' a result that such a person threatens their life or the life of others in their immediate presence.

What would an exception to this rightful and just rule look like?

Can you explain this?

How is carrying weapons with the intent of intimidating your opponents and silencing them protecting their lives or the lives of others in their immediate presence? That is not what these people were attempting to do. They were attempting to interfere with the free speech rights of others who happened to disagree with them. They were trying to bully others who happened to disagree with them and they were in fact putting the lives of everyone around them in danger.

This is no exception to the rule that you mentioned. This was not for their own protection. It was used as a tool to intimidate people that support the President's attempt to force this piece of shit legislation down our throats. Whether or not I agree with the side that these people are taking (and if they are opponents of the bill I do agree) I believe that it is wrong to interfere with the rights of their opponents and someone standing near me with a rifle collaborating with people that are demonstrating against what I believe are definitely going to intimidate me and make me think twice about speaking out.

navy is a good guy
maybe he hasnt seen that one guy had already talked to the police and they were in an area where it was allowed

DC,

I don't think that the fact that this person had talked to the police makes a damned bit of difference. He is still intimidating to the crowd. He is still a threat and he is still making an implied threat to the government. That is what they were there for and anyone who claims otherwise, well, I'm sorry to say I believe is either a liar or an idiot.

Immie

Absolute bullshit. Once again dumb ass provide some evidence ANYONE was intimidated. No one inside even knew the guys outside had weapons and no one outside was intimidated at all.

Keep on making shit up. The liar and idiot here is YOU. The law allows the open carrying of weapons. You want to change that? Move the fuck to Arizona and drum up enough support to change the laws of that State. Otherwise shut the hell up with your make believe outrage and your bullshit claims anyone was intimidating anyone else.

Once again dumb ass, if the mere presence of firearms is intimidation then the President intimidates everyone ALL the time with his Secret Service detail and all the Cops he has with him.

As for the Secret Service saying there was no threat? Yeah, well, just another set of government officials lying out of their asses.

The secret service isn't going to tip their hand and claim those people were a threat. That's ALL they need to do. I'd be concerned if they had responded other than they did. They play their hand close, and besides... what do you think would happen if they indicated they WERE concerned or considered those people a threat?

Does anyone here really expect them to do anything but play it down?

LOL another IDIOT, the Secret Service would have ARRESTED them if they thought they were a threat. Pretty damn simple concept to grasp.

Forum List

Back