Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

As for the Secret Service saying there was no threat? Yeah, well, just another set of government officials lying out of their asses.

The secret service isn't going to tip their hand and claim those people were a threat. That's ALL they need to do. I'd be concerned if they had responded other than they did. They play their hand close, and besides... what do you think would happen if they indicated they WERE concerned or considered those people a threat?

Does anyone here really expect them to do anything but play it down?

LOL another IDIOT, the Secret Service would have ARRESTED them if they thought they were a threat. Pretty damn simple concept to grasp.
Thanks for the ad hominem. Nice.

You missed my point altogether, but I won't call you an idiot. But you do seem to have a problem comprehending the word "or".

With all these Libertarion movement and popularity afoot one would expect there to be some candidates making it to Congress in the upcoming elections eh?

You got the Tea-Bagger movement which was originally LIbertarian and hi-jacked by the Republicans and FOXNews for their nefarious goals.

Now you got the Gun-Nut movement thats experiencing the same thing.

I hope I see such Libterian protests and movements under future Republican administrations and I hope they are given equal if not more media attention as well.

Somehow I highly doubt it though.

RetiredGySgt lambasted me about the black panthers (which by the way he didn't know what he was talking about because I spoke out against them as well) who were intimidating white voters in Philadelphia. One of those guys held a billy club and although as far as I know he didn't say a word to white voters as they approached, the meaning was clear. What if he had a gun? Do you think the meaning would have been any more clearer?

I've seen quite a few defend these people who brought guns to this event in AZ. Do you happen to know if any of them called for the guy you mention above to be prosecuted?

The Obama Justice Department dropped the investigation. And it is not legal in Pennsylvania to intimidate people at a voting station nor to be armed at them. Nor is it an open carry State as far as I know. If it were they would have been no threat since the voters could have been armed themselves.

RetiredGySgt lambasted me about the black panthers (which by the way he didn't know what he was talking about because I spoke out against them as well) who were intimidating white voters in Philadelphia. One of those guys held a billy club and although as far as I know he didn't say a word to white voters as they approached, the meaning was clear. What if he had a gun? Do you think the meaning would have been any more clearer?

I've seen quite a few defend these people who brought guns to this event in AZ. Do you happen to know if any of them called for the guy you mention above to be prosecuted?

No, I don't know of anyone having done so and quite frankly I would hope no one did. As I said, it is not illegal to do so simply irresponsible.

What about the confrontational aspect of a political rally such as this don't you understand? Intimidation was a factor here and your denial of it, doesn't change that at all.

Immie

what if someone brought a gun to PROTECT Obama, given the vibe of the past few weeks?

Now why in the world would anyone want to do that? :)

Actually, that thought did occur to me. I have not seen any news media coverage of this and it is, of course, possible that these guys were there to intimidate those who opposed the President's plan.

That doesn't change anything at all. They were still there to intimidate their opponents. That is how thugs work. That is not how America works.

Immie

Lovely last paragraph, so I assume you are upset with the Democratic Congress people hiring Union thugs to intimidate protesters at Town hall meetings? Hiring Union thugs to block doors and prevent protesters from entering town hall meetings? Sounds to me like the Democrats believe strongly that intimidation is a valid tool to use against the Public.

Ohh and the difference between these armed people and the Union thugs is, the armed people have made not one single attempt to silence anyone, prevent anyone from being somewhere or trying to silence anyone.

The Obama Justice Department dropped the investigation. And it is not legal in Pennsylvania to intimidate people at a voting station nor to be armed at them. Nor is it an open carry State as far as I know. If it were they would have been no threat since the voters could have been armed themselves.
And how were they intimidating them (if, as he says, they didn't say anything to the people entering)? Was the club illegal to carry in PA?

Look the asshole is lying again.

It was a fake interview.

Fake = staged you asswipe.

From all reports, the dude, "Chris" if thats even his real name, could barely contain his composure during the interview. He wanted to bust out laughing.

So why is that pantysot getting so upset that I rightfully called the damned interview fake?

Whats funny about this is, wasnt it Obama saying he would bring a gun to a knife fight so to speak? He said:

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans."

Obama: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun” | Politicususa.com

if he doesnt want to see guns at a protest against the government, then he should lead by example

I'm not sure he has even spoken out about this nor do I even care.

I simply have a problem with the use of threats (and maybe dillo doesn't see a weapon as a threat but most humans do) in order to achieve one's political goals.

I always respect your opinion Avatar, so tell me, do you see these guys as using the rifles to intimidate their opponents or were they just carrying rifles to a political rally because they felt like it?

Immie

BULLSHIT, you admitted that the mere presence of a firearm is not a threat or an intimidation once already, so that means YOU are claiming you know the intent the attitude and the behavior of these people even though there is no evidence of any of that. By the way, that would be why you were ask about interviewing them.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1436028-post336.html

You were accusing Marc of making the Black man a "token" because he said it was staged. They admitted it was staged.
uh, he said it was a FAKE interview
Well, given that it appeared to be a spontaneous interview by someone who happened to notice the man carrying the rifle, yeah. I'd say it was 'fake'.
given the fact you couldnt hear a word that was said, how can you begin to say it was fake
and the CNN guys didnt even know if the guy was pro or anti Obama

Emma...the Republicans are masters at playing race-politics. You shouldn't be surprised that that would be the FIRST thing he fled to. He has nothing else to stand on.

You are the one that played the race game dumb ass. And by the way, remind us how it was ok for Union Thugs to beat a black Conservative.

I wonder if he would argue that wearing White Hoods and burning crosses in people's front yards are so NOT methods of intimidation but just Americas exercising their rights.

uh, he said it was a FAKE interview
Well, given that it appeared to be a spontaneous interview by someone who happened to notice the man carrying the rifle, yeah. I'd say it was 'fake'.
given the fact you couldnt hear a word that was said, how can you begin to say it was fake

What? Of course I could hear what was said. Every word of it. Not sure why YOU couldn't, but I certainly did.

I wonder if he would argue that wearing White Hoods and burning crosses in people's front yards are so NOT methods of intimidation but just Americas exercising their rights.
burning ANYTHING in SOMEONE ELSE'S YARD is intimidating, asshole

What? Of course I could hear what was said. Every word of it. Not sure why YOU couldn't, but I certainly did.
sorry, but all i head were the two CNN talking heads

You are the one that played the race game dumb ass. And by the way, remind us how it was ok for Union Thugs to beat a black Conservative.

Really?

I'm just stating the facts sir.

Ask Harold Ford, Jr. about the GOPs dirty habit of playing race politics.

Tennessee ad ignites GOP squabbling - Politics- msnbc.com

PERRspectives: The GOP Plays the Race Card in Tennessee

Why do you think that the White, Southern, Male has such a bad name and stereotype today...you think it came out of thin air?

sorry, but all i head were the two CNN talking heads
Well I heard the clip they played just fine, but I was talking about the video of the interview (not CNN). And the guy Sanchez was interviewing was the one who 'interviewed' the guy with the AR 15.

Forum List

Back