Pruning roses? Danger! Danger!

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
After my old pruning shears literally fell apart in my hands, I bought a new 8-in bypass pruner. Apparently, for years, merely wearing gloves while pruning roses had left me in grave peril. The product label warned me, “Use the following personal protective equipment when using this product: Wear safety goggles, safety boots, safety gloves and a safety helmet.”

Pruner.png

The product label warned me, “Use the following personal protective equipment when using this product: Wear safety goggles, safety boots, safety gloves and a safety helmet.”

And since no one would ever wear all of that crap just to prune roses, when their product fails (as they obviously expect it to) and you get injured by it, the company can avoid all product liability claims by simply asking you if you followed their safety directions! Of course, when you say you didn't wear safety boots, full face shield and radiation suit, they can get the case dismissed.

After my old pruning shears literally fell apart in my hands, I bought a new 8-in bypass pruner. Apparently, for years, merely wearing gloves while pruning roses had left me in grave peril. The product label warned me, “Use the following personal protective equipment when using this product: Wear safety goggles, safety boots, safety gloves and a safety helmet.”

View attachment 792938
The oldest rose fossil is said to be 174 million years old. Some people say that roses have awareness of our presence to cut on them and retaliate.

View attachment 792938
What? No Covid mask?

View attachment 792938

You should wear gloves. Wearing no gloves, I had a new pair open in my left hand while gathering up stems to carry away and accidently closed them on my right index finger as I pushed the stems up into a bunch, cutting through one side of it almost all the way to the bone. Now that wasn't the worst part of it. It actually didn't hurt that bad. The worst part was whatever the F they put my finger in to sanitize the wound before stitching it. I swear to god ten minutes with my finger in the lava pit of a volcano wouldn't have burned as bad as whatever the F that stuff was.

View attachment 792938

The sad part is someone did something so stupid the warning was necessary.
Kinda like warning that coffee is hot.

Oh you poor little darling .
Just shows how demanding life can be with its great challenges and risks .

Forum List

Back