Northeast Charlotte. NC .....8 LEOs shot including 4 killed. Suspect dead.

No, but we can crack down on gun felonies and other criminal activity a lot harder. It's YOUR leftist judges and DAs who let these people walk with a slap on the wrist over and over and over and then when they do something like this you feign outrage and blame the guns instead of yourselves.
If only we were more like Chicago which has countless gun laws and law abiding citizens are not allowed to carry, right?

Is it possible there are too many asinine laws already? Locking people up for drug crimes seems pretty stupid too me, and I think that is a significant percentage of those confined.
No, what we don't have are effective laws.

Would you sue Ford because of drunk drivers too? I reject the idea of sanctioning companies for 3rd parties activities with their products.
If Ford was making their cars look like Mad Max vehicles and selling them outside of dive bars to people who were drunk, you might have a case.

This is pretty much how the gun industry conducts itself, where the craziest gun owners are the best customers.

We certainly don't need to lock up non-violent offenders. If someone proves they're not trusted in society with a gun, should they be free in society at all while they can still access knives, hammers, vehicles, explosives or even other flammable or hazardous things?

I'm sure that the four cops who died yesterday would have been much happier if they were just facing a guy with a hammer.

This man had a long history of criminal activity and never should have been on the street in the first place, but this is the justice system people like you have given us.

In 2021, Hughes was charged with possessing drug paraphernalia, manufacturing marijuana, possession of marijuana with the intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, and having knowingly maintained or kept a shop, residence, building, or some other place that is being unlawfully used for the purpose of selling, keeping, or using a controlled substance.

This doesn't sound like a terribly bad offense, given we have pot dispensaries on every corner nowadays.

The rest of the offenses you listed he went to jail for and served time, and none of them sounded terribly serious, either.

No, but we can crack down on gun felonies and other criminal activity a lot harder. It's YOUR leftist judges and DAs who let these people walk with a slap on the wrist over and over and over and then when they do something like this you feign outrage and blame the guns instead of yourselves.

Um, yeah, because they can keep getting guns. We can't lock up every pot seller for good because he MIGHT go crazy some day and shoot it out with cops who thought they were dealing with a non-violent offender.

We don't have the prison space, and we don't have enough people who want to be prison guards (which is a sucky job in general).

At least four law enforcement officers were killed in a shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina, while trying to serve a warrant Monday afternoon, police said. A suspect was killed in a shootout with police, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Johnny Jennings announced during a news conference.

Perp:

OIF.ubXjVJDbjK0Nla6dOh0SsQ

No surprise.....He had a long criminal history.

President Biden will NOT be going on TV to express sympathy to the families of the four murdered officers.

And we know why.

OK. I will ask it. I did not see it up above. Question:

How do 4 - trained Police get taken out by one known felon with illegal firearms history? I would not approach so willingly or trustworthy. To heck with Leftist PC demands not to harm the poor felons. If that's' the case then as an officer I don't approach it.

Did someone snipe them from inside the house? All four of them? Or after the main felon had shot at them? WTH? That too should have been considered a real possibility, correct?

Sad but true..........Leftist loons have turned our police into target practice. They should be going in every time safety off, guns up. Shoot first and go home after your shift. I am in no way blaming the Police but perhaps the rules of engagement laid out by Leftist scum like the filthy corrupt scum occupying DC at this very moment.//

Last edited:
This doesn't sound like a terribly bad offense, given we have pot dispensaries on every corner nowadays.

Thats only one of the series of offenses year after year. They guy was career criminal or slow learner. If it was only dope? doubtful with these types. Just stop it! We have 4 dead valuable Police officers because of this BS!

OK. I will ask it. I did not see it up above. Question:

How do 4 - trained Police get taken out by one known felon with illegal firearms history? I would not approach so willingly or trustworthy. To heck with Leftist PC demands not to harm the poor felons. If that's' the case then as an officer I don't approach it.

Did someone snipe them from inside the house? All four of them? Or after the main felon had shot at them? WTH? That too should have been considered a real possibility, correct?

Sad but true..........Leftist loons have turned our police into target practice. They should be going in every time safety off, guns up. Shoot first and go home after your shift. I am in no way blaming the Police but perhaps the rules of engagement laid out by Leftist scum like the filthy corrupt scum occupying DC at this very moment.//
They should be armed with M-60 Machine guns. Don't give the Felons ANY chance. If they don't knuckle under ,SPRAY them.

BINGO1.gif

If they kick in the door and throw flashbangs the media throws a fit. If they politely knock and get shot the media throws a fit. Now there's a bunch of them that can't breath, and no matter what the outcome it's grab the guns, leave the po folks alone. Like a broken friggin record.

Thats only one of the series of offenses year after year. They guy was career criminal or slow learner. If it was only dope? doubtful with these types. Just stop it! We have 4 dead valuable Police officers because of this BS!
We have four dead cops because the Gun Industry has released millions of military-grade weapons into the country.

We have four dead cops because the Gun Industry has released millions of military-grade weapons into the country.
We have four dead cops because the white blame Industry has released millions of military-grade felons into the country. There, I fixed it for you. Wait until the cartels and palestinians and Venezuelans get their bases co ordinated.

We have four dead cops because the white blame Industry has released millions of military-grade felons into the country. There, I fixed it for you. Wait until the cartels and palestinians and Venezuelans get their bases co ordinated.
Why do I get the feeling you wet your bed every night?

This guy had a gun he had no business having. At some point between the factory and his hands, that process should have been stopped.

True. The USA does not need any more barbarians from the South. Or any more Camel Jockeys.

This guy had a gun he had no business having. At some point between the factory and his hands, that process should have been stopped.
How about one of the 5 previous times he had been charged with felony possession of a gun? You think maybe by the third or fourth time, a court could have taken it seriously and sentenced him to some serious time?

This man had a long history of criminal activity and never should have been on the street in the first place, but this is the justice system people like you have given us.

In 2021, Hughes was charged with possessing drug paraphernalia, manufacturing marijuana, possession of marijuana with the intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, and having knowingly maintained or kept a shop, residence, building, or some other place that is being unlawfully used for the purpose of selling, keeping, or using a controlled substance.

That same year, he was also charged with fleeing to elude arrest.

Back in 2012, he also faced possession of firearm by felon, eluding arrest with two aggravating factors, reckless driving to endanger, driving while license revoked,

In 2011, he was also faced the charge of possessing firearm by felon.

Back in 2009, he was charged with breaking and/or entering and possessing a stolen firearm.

Three years prior, he was twice charged with carrying a concealed gun, while as early as 2001, he was charged with communicating threats — against his father.

You’re just another idiot who thinks he knows all AFTER a crime. Who is gonna shoot up the cops next? Show us how great you are at it.

How about one of the 5 previous times he had been charged with felony possession of a gun? You think maybe by the third or fourth time, a court could have taken it seriously and sentenced him to some serious time?
Okay, if you charge white offenders at the same rate as black offenders, I'd have no problem with that.

Recent research shows that most people convicted in Illinois for felony gun possession don’t go on to commit a violent crime, and the majority of those sentenced to prison for gun possession don’t have past convictions for violence. Instead, people who already committed violent crimes are more likely to do so again.

The racial disparities in this enforcement are glaring. Although Black people comprise less than a third of the city’s population, they were more than 8 in 10 of those arrested for unlawful possession in the timeframe we reviewed. The number of Black people arrested could fill every seat at a Chicago Bulls game and then some; the majority are men in their 20s and 30s.

The consequences of these arrests are long-lasting. If convicted, people face a year or more in prison, depending on the charges. Even without time behind bars, those we interviewed faced damning criminal records, time on probation, job loss, legal fees and car impoundments.

You’re just another idiot who thinks he knows all AFTER a crime. Who is gonna shoot up the cops next? Show us how great you are at it.

Yeah, as much as everyone is whining about this fellow's "extensive criminal record", none of them are actually violent felonies.

They are one breaking and entering 14 years ago, some gun possessions beefs (silly darkie, the Second Amendment doesn't apply to you!), and arrests for pot and paraphernalia.

The cops probably didn't think they were dealing with a violent offender.

You are allowed to carry in Chicago. In fact, most of Chicago's sensible gun laws were thrown out with the McDonald Decision. It's why the murder rate in the city doubled between 2010 and 2015.

Too many assholes with guns.

If nobody can have guns, does that include the government at all levels as well?

Forum List

Back