🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Public College in Michigan offers degree in MARIJUANA STUDIES.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More useless BS. This is why i want no bailouts for students in debt. Schools should teach STEM only.

Michigan university offering first-ever degree in marijuana studies

oct 18 2017 FOX NEWS - Looking to capitalize on the rising demand for cannabis, Northern Michigan University is offering a marijuana-focused degree — but stoners need not apply.

“Obviously, the program is new and different and it might speak to a certain crowd. But for a student to succeed, they’re going to have to be very dedicated and motivated,” Brandon Canfield, associate chemistry professor, told the Detroit Free Press of the medicinal plant chemistry Bachelor of Science degree.

“This is not an easy program. It’s a really intense, biology chemistry program,” Canfield added. He noted that while students won’t grow marijuana plants in the program, they do study similar plants with medicinal value.

Bout time

When they gunna offer a degree in prostitution?

You know, my cousin in CO found out this summer exactly how hard it is to grow good marijuana.

Not only do you have to find enough sunlight and water to keep them happy, but you also have to sex the plants, because they make both male and female plants. If you get males mixed in with the females, they will turn the whole crop to seed. The trick is to keep the females away from the males so they will produce large buds with THC crystals.

And..............when it comes to making hybrids, it gets really complicated.

Then...............there is the whole legal system that they have to negotiate as cannabis growers.

Other places have had these kind of classes for a few years now. Why are you getting excited about it being taught in a college?

More useless BS. This is why i want no bailouts for students in debt. Schools should teach STEM only.
It is STEM, i.e. technology.

It is useless. And why our children are living at home with their parents, while China teaches science and actual technology to their children.
Our kids are learning the difference between indica and sativa, while the kids in China are learning how to hack your grow room and turn off the lights..

It is useless. And why our children are living at home with their parents. While China teaches science and actual technology, our kids are learning the difference between indica and sativa. The kids in China are learning how to hack your grow room and turn off the lights.

Growing good marijuana isn't as easy as you think. Like I said, there are males and females you have to know the difference between, as well as lots of other things that need to be looked after.

And..............people who have graduated from similar studies in CO, end up working in good jobs in grow houses where they are paid pretty well.

You ought to go and talk to some of the people in CO who run 420 shops and grow shops. Not only is it lucrative, but it's also a science.

It is useless. And why our children are living at home with their parents. While China teaches science and actual technology, our kids are learning the difference between indica and sativa. The kids in China are learning how to hack your grow room and turn off the lights.

Growing good marijuana isn't as easy as you think. Like I said, there are males and females you have to know the difference between, as well as lots of other things that need to be looked after.

And..............people who have graduated from similar studies in CO, end up working in good jobs in grow houses where they are paid pretty well.

You ought to go and talk to some of the people in CO who run 420 shops and grow shops. Not only is it lucrative, but it's also a science.

Live in Co. Know exactly how lucrative the business is, and how much money it takes to get into the business. And the technology necessary. A class will not an entrepreneur make. It is a waste of money and time.

For those who grow, a little tip. For fat, juicy, sweet and potent trichomes, add black strap molasses to the water during budding. You will be pleasantly surprised. Just sayin..

Last edited:

It is useless. And why our children are living at home with their parents, while China teaches science and actual technology to their children.
Our kids are learning the difference between indica and sativa, while the kids in China are learning how to hack your grow room and turn off the lights..
They smoke a whole shitload of weed over in China

Are you guys serious? Marijuana is the cure all of the future, already helps many hurt veterans with pain and PTSD. Visit a clinic in New Jersey sometime and talk to the people with pain and other illness related injuries etc. Right wingers are so dumb in America. Sorta like all the fools who wanted prohibition not so long ago. College is for diverse learning, If you imbeciles want to remain dumb, that's fine, just keep yourself in that mental closet and stop wasting bandwidth with your inane comments. Of course drug companies pushing opioids with the help of republicans will tell you otherwise. Wake up fools they are playing you - if by chance you are a Russian troll have a nice day enjoy being a Putin serf.

People need a class to learn how to roll a joint? I didn't, I can roll a fat, tampon-looking joint blindfolded!

People need a class to learn how to roll a joint? I didn't, I can roll a fat, tampon-looking joint blindfolded!

Classes like that don't teach you how to roll a joint. They teach you how to grow and create hybrids, as well as teach you the legal ins and outs for being a marijuana grower or distributor.

Big money in marijuana

Better than many college majors

Classes like that don't teach you how to roll a joint. They teach you how to grow and create hybrids, as well as teach you the legal ins and outs for being a marijuana grower or distributor.

I wouldn't need a class for that either, I've smoked weed the majority of my life and I know all this basic knowledge from experience.

Michigan university offering first-ever degree in marijuana studies

oct 18 2017 FOX NEWS - Looking to capitalize on the rising demand for cannabis, Northern Michigan University is offering a marijuana-focused degree — but stoners need not apply.

“Obviously, the program is new and different and it might speak to a certain crowd. But for a student to succeed, they’re going to have to be very dedicated and motivated,” Brandon Canfield, associate chemistry professor, told the Detroit Free Press of the medicinal plant chemistry Bachelor of Science degree.

“This is not an easy program. It’s a really intense, biology chemistry program,” Canfield added. He noted that while students won’t grow marijuana plants in the program, they do study similar plants with medicinal value.

Being a large investor in cannabis grow farms and stores in Nevada, these graduates can easily make $100K or more per year. And the demand is 'growing!'

I wouldn't need a class for that either, I've smoked weed the majority of my life and I know all this basic knowledge from experience.

You're good to go except for the monthly drug testing.

Other places have had these kind of classes for a few years now. Why are you getting excited about it being taught in a college?

This is a public college and this is a subject with no social value. Like the arts and humanities and sports. Public colleges should teach STEM only. THINK

Forum List

Back