🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Putin Lucked Into The Only GOP Nominee Who Would’ve Wanted His Help

Republican operatives say no one but Trump would have dismissed the intelligence this way.

WASHINGTON ― In an alternate universe, the Republican nominee for president holds a news conference to denounce Russian interference in the coming election. He calls out the long-known links between Russian spy agencies and WikiLeaks, and urges American voters to ignore the daily release of stolen emails designed to cripple his Democratic rival.

In this parallel reality, Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio or John Kasich states clearly that he doesn’t want any help from Russian leader Vladimir Putin and that Putin’s involvement would bring dire consequences.

“Not only would we have called for an investigation, we would have been leading the charge to drop the anvil on the head of the foreign power that did this,” said John Weaver, a top aide to Ohio Gov. Kasich’s presidential campaign. “It would have been smart politically, and it also would have been the right thing to do.”

None of that, though, happened.

Instead, actual GOP nominee Donald Trump welcomed the assistance of WikiLeaks, at one point even asking the Russians to hack into Hillary Clinton’s computers, and went out of his way to praise Putin – all of which has now put the president-elect in a bind between siding with his benefactors on the one hand or the entire U.S. intelligence community on the other.

“The difference used to be that whether you were a Republican or a Democrat, you didn’t want a foreign power intervening and corrupting our elections,” said Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant who worked for independent candidate Evan McMullin. “A normal candidate would no more have relished Putin’s help than he would have accepted the help of al-Qaeda.”

But Trump repeatedly belittled U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia was meddling in the campaign. During the Oct. 10 presidential debate, he claimed that no one could actually know if Russia had done the hacking and that perhaps there had not actually been any hacking. He said that just three days after the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence issued an extraordinary statement that specifically named both Russia and WikiLeaks.

This past Friday, Trump received a formal briefing from the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA and the FBI stating not only that Russia hacked the emails of Democratic Party officials and disseminated them through WikiLeaks, but that Putin specifically wanted to help Trump win.

In Weaver’s view, that session was unnecessary for anyone who had simply paid attention to the presidential campaign during the summer and autumn. “You could’ve been Inspector Clouseau and figured out what was going on. You didn’t need an FBI briefing,” he said.

Yet Trump’s response to the report? That none of it really mattered anyway.

“There was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election,” Trump said in a prepared statement.

"You could’ve been Inspector Clouseau and figured out what was going on. You didn’t need an FBI briefing."
--John Weaver, campaign aide to Ohio Gov. John Kasich

“I don’t understand what Trump’s motivation is,” the consultant added, running through the hypotheticals. “Does he just admire Putin? Are they blackmailing him? Are they paying him? They could be paying $1 million a day and we’d never know.”

More: Putin Lucked Into The Only GOP Nominee Who Would've Wanted His Help

I agree! This is the most bizarre political event in my lifetime! American democracy is in grave danger.

LOL

It's also sadly hysterical to now see the Trump team blaming the DNC for the hacks - instead of Russia. That's like blaming the victim.

Trump's chief of staff blames DNC for Russia hacking

Graham Chastises Republicans Happy About Hacking: ‘You’re Not A Patriot’

Zero proof is good enough for you?

You certainly are well trained.....

This, from PBS:

"Beyond the government’s headline assertion that Russia is to blame, “it’s important to parse the public statement pretty closely,” said Susan Hennessey, a national security fellow at the Brookings Institution. “They’re being really careful in their word choice.”
The Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security said in a statement earlier this month that “only Russia’s senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.”
But that statement does not mean that the U.S. has “direct evidence of senior official-level involvement,” Hennessey said.
Without more definitive statements, it’s difficult for some technical experts to take the government’s word on faith, she and others have said.

“There’s no evidence that this was done by the state itself, only evidence it was done by non-state actors that might be Russian-speaking,” said Jeffrey Carr, CEO of the cyber security consultancy firm Taia Global, referring to the evidence available to the public.

That evidence, which was released by private threat assessment companies rather than official channels, indicates hackers used Cyrillic keyboards and operated during Moscow working hours.
But indicators of identity like timestamps, language preferences and IP addresses “can be manipulated or faked rather easily,” said Juan Andres Guerrero-Saade, a senior security researcher at Kaspersky Lab."
Does the U.S. government really know who hacked Democrats' emails?
Does the U.S. government really know who hacked Democrats' emails?

nonsense. anyone else likely would've been smoother about it, and made many stern statements to keep up appearances, but they'd have secretly been dancing with glee at this, or anything else, that splattered their opponents with egg, especially considering they didn't have to get their own hands dirty.

politics is a dirty damn business. if you came away from this campaign after watching the project veritas footage, reading these e-mails and all the rest, thinking the DNC is somehow better than Trump, or anyone else, you're being willfully ignorant.

b-b-b-b-b-ut Roooooshins! those fuckers released our own e-mails! lol.

Last edited:
Republican operatives say no one but Trump would have dismissed the intelligence this way.

WASHINGTON ― In an alternate universe, the Republican nominee for president holds a news conference to denounce Russian interference in the coming election. He calls out the long-known links between Russian spy agencies and WikiLeaks, and urges American voters to ignore the daily release of stolen emails designed to cripple his Democratic rival.

In this parallel reality, Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio or John Kasich states clearly that he doesn’t want any help from Russian leader Vladimir Putin and that Putin’s involvement would bring dire consequences.

“Not only would we have called for an investigation, we would have been leading the charge to drop the anvil on the head of the foreign power that did this,” said John Weaver, a top aide to Ohio Gov. Kasich’s presidential campaign. “It would have been smart politically, and it also would have been the right thing to do.”

Instead, actual GOP nominee Donald Trump welcomed the assistance of WikiLeaks, at one point even asking the Russians to hack into Hillary Clinton’s computers, and went out of his way to praise Putin – all of which has now put the president-elect in a bind between siding with his benefactors on the one hand or the entire U.S. intelligence community on the other.

“The difference used to be that whether you were a Republican or a Democrat, you didn’t want a foreign power intervening and corrupting our elections,” said Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant who worked for independent candidate Evan McMullin. “A normal candidate would no more have relished Putin’s help than he would have accepted the help of al-Qaeda.”

But Trump repeatedly belittled U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia was meddling in the campaign. During the Oct. 10 presidential debate, he claimed that no one could actually know if Russia had done the hacking and that perhaps there had not actually been any hacking. He said that just three days after the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence issued an extraordinary statement that specifically named both Russia and WikiLeaks.

This past Friday, Trump received a formal briefing from the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA and the FBI stating not only that Russia hacked the emails of Democratic Party officials and disseminated them through WikiLeaks, but that Putin specifically wanted to help Trump win.

In Weaver’s view, that session was unnecessary for anyone who had simply paid attention to the presidential campaign during the summer and autumn. “You could’ve been Inspector Clouseau and figured out what was going on. You didn’t need an FBI briefing,” he said.

“There was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election,” Trump said in a prepared statement.

"You could’ve been Inspector Clouseau and figured out what was going on. You didn’t need an FBI briefing."

“I don’t understand what Trump’s motivation is,” the consultant added, running through the hypotheticals. “Does he just admire Putin? Are they blackmailing him? Are they paying him? They could be paying $1 million a day and we’d never know.”

I agree! This is the most bizarre political event in my lifetime! American democracy is in grave danger.
:trolls:

Ha, that is funny. But seriously, the flooder posters do need to be confronted and reigned in. I mean this particular OP is completely out of control. But there's a couple of others too. They're being allowed to hijack forums with endless repetitive insanity.

I'm proposing limiting posters to maybe a 2-3 thread-starter posts per forum per week. I'm also proposing merging or moving all the 'I hate Donald Trump' themed posts into just a couple of posts. The flooding is killing the Board. It's stifling diverse creativity. The Board has become so boring and annoying. I truly hope someone here at USMB considers my suggestions.

Meh, I don't care enough to have an opinion.'

ShittingBull is a butthurt snowflake who richly deserves to be mocked as a mindless fool. Beyond that, doesn't matter to me.

[
Can anyone name even one other Republican presidential candidate who would have wanted, even encouraged, Putin's help?

The answer is no, it takes Trump.

That slander implies that Trump wanted and encouraged Putin's help, a fantasy that you little Goebbels have constructed from whole cloth.

Factually, we know that WikiLeaks released emails by the criminal conspiracy you call a party. That is where the facts end.

You have all sorts of butthurt fantasies and conspiracy theories, but those have nothing to do with facts.

[
Can anyone name even one other Republican presidential candidate who would have wanted, even encouraged, Putin's help?

That slander implies that Trump wanted and encouraged Putin's help, a fantasy that you little Goebbels have constructed from whole cloth.

TRUMP HAS DIRECTLY ASKED RUSSIA FOR HILLARY'S EMAILS!

What the fuck is your malfunction? This is not complex theorizing here, it's basic facts:

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email

What I find hilarious is that pile of shit Jake Clapper, lacking even a scintilla of evidence to support his retarded assertions has backed off the "hacking" claim and is now saying that Russia paid trolls to post mean things about Deplorable Hillary and the filthy democrats.

If so, then how does Putin differ from George Soros, and how do these trolls differ from Lakhota, antotoo, rdean, et al?

What the fuck is your malfunction? This is not complex theorizing here, it's basic facts:

Ah lying, the first resort of a democrat.

If Russia HAD the 33,000 emails that Crooked Hillary illegally deleted, then that would not require hacking.

Fucking Communists, just can't grasp concepts...

Mousecow

Borschtshit.

[

Factually, we know that WikiLeaks released emails by the criminal conspiracy you call a party. That is where the facts end.

You have all sorts of butthurt fantasies and conspiracy theories, but those have nothing to do with facts.

And one more fact that the losers choose to overlook.

Trump has picked a Putin foe as Director of National Intelligence...

If Trump were going to be submissive to Putin, how to explain Dan Coates as Trump's pick for Director of National Intelligence:

Coates was forbidden to go to Russia by Putin for comparing him to Hitler:
"people from the US had been similarly blacklisted, including ... and Dan Coats of Indiana, a former US ambassador to Germany. “While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer,” Coats wisecracked, “I am honored to be on this list.”Chrystia Freeland: My Ukraine, and Putin’s big lie

[

If Trump were going to be submissive to Putin, how to explain Dan Coates as Trump's pick for Director of National Intelligence:

"people from the US had been similarly blacklisted, including ... and Dan Coats of Indiana, a former US ambassador to Germany. “While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer,” Coats wisecracked, “I am honored to be on this list.”Chrystia Freeland: My Ukraine, and Putin’s big lie

The butthurt snowflakes just won't accept the results of the election.

They're undermining our democracy.

[

The butthurt snowflakes just won't accept the results of the election.

They're undermining our democracy.

"They're undermining our democracy."

I commented earlier today on the philosophical doctrine of nihilism as being central to the Liberals/Democrats.

If any imagine that the Left will accede to the results of this election, they are sorely mistaken.

They will use every avenue of protest, the political as well as the any violent, criminal actions that they deem necessary or proficient.
They will bank on most Americans simply wanting calm in the land.....and will roil that in every way.

As an analogy, the Islamofascists see their road to victory based on this creed: “We love death like our enemies love life!” Hamas

In very much the same way, every Leftist cult....Liberalism, Fascism, Socialism, Communism, Nazism, and Progressivism....is an off-shoot of nihilism.

Nihilism:
"... the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.

...the doctrine of an extreme Russian revolutionary party circa 1900, which found nothing to approve of in the established social order."
Google.

Hence, they care less about the survival of the nation than about their victory.
They would rather all go down in flames, than their opponents succeed.

Consider this quote from one of their acolytes, right here on our board:
"Now I have not a patriotic bone in my body..."

Ah lying, the first resort of a democrat.

If Russia HAD the 33,000 emails that Crooked Hillary illegally deleted, then that would not require hacking.

Fucking Communists, just can't grasp concepts...

wtf? Trump asking for Russians to give him Clinton's emails is not false just because Russians don't actually have them retard.

He clearly did ask for Russian intervention where not a single other Republican candidate would.

wtf? Trump asking for Russians to give him Clinton's emails is not false just because Russians don't actually have them retard.

He clearly did ask for Russian intervention where not a single other Republican candidate would.

Again, you're lying.

Trump made the sarcastic quip that if Russia hacked the DNC, maybe they could produce the 33,000 emails that Mafia Don Hillary illegally deleted.

That's all.

Doesn't common sense ell you that president Obama dismissed the intelligence if there was any before the election?

Can anyone name even one other Republican presidential candidate who would have wanted, even encouraged, Putin's help? Trump was the only treasonous candidate on the stage.
Except Trump never sought help from Putin, as you know.

Sadly you are obsessed with your own lies, simply because you can't come to grips with the fact that Hillary was the worst candidate in US history, Podesta and the DNC's security practices were so bad a 14yo could have hacked their computers (sharing passwords, their passwords being 'password'), and their dirty laundry got exposed (their emails exposing they are racists, sexists, homophobes, and anti-Semites).

You want to believe the Russians cost Hillary the election because her losing to the likes of Trump offends you. Poor wittle snowflake.

Forum List

Back