Putin threatens France with real war

what did France do for us? We helped them out, but just how did they come to our aid? When after we were a country?
Well...without them we'd be subjects of the queen for much longer than we were. Trade partner, of course a good chunk of our culture is from the French. Our shared resources in the war on terror, the cold war. The only time NATO invoked article 5 was for us on 9/11. France went with us into Afghanistan and stayed for over a decade. I remember they were also involved in the Gulf War as well. Other incursions as too.

The Iraq war...that one you guys pretend to be against now...they ducked out of that one and they were right. "Freedumb fries" is what we got from conservatives.

Well, let's see, economic sanctions, the fact that France has the 7th largest active military power in the world and they are supplying military equipment to Ukraine. Not to mention that France is leading NATO's rapid reaction force in 2022.

They always have and will continue to be an important trade and strategic ally. We bailed them out in WWII which was really us just paying back the favor.
Well Biden has done pissed off the French people.

Or did you not know?

Too bad the US does not have a world leader currently.

Crimea and now Ukraine. hmmmm nothing to do with trump. funny shit indeed. useless data on a page is what you posted.

What does Crimea have to do with France not liking us when we have Republicans in office?

Causing the French military to lay down speed bumps for their tanks and heavy armor.
Seriously? If France contemplates war then they have to be imagining a much bigger foe than Russia!

Poor little Russia, in comparison to the US is hardly capable!

And where is there any credibility in suggesting that the China/Russia/Iran/India alliance is ready to become involved yet?

France is a leech on the world. We pulled their asses away from being dragged off to Nazi camps, the USA dumped tons of cash into helping rebuild after the war, they've asked for numerous "loans" that have NEVER been repaid. They give us an ugly statue as a "thank you", which doesn't do anything for the USA to pay ITS bills.

WWII was 80 years ago. The loans? Even longer. But if time doesn't matter then France loaned us money so we could actually stand on our own feet as a new country.

Ugly statue? Wow, one of the, if not the most recognizable U.S. landmark that symbolizes freedom and justice...you know, some call them American values.

They spew hate and animosity at Americans every chance they get, instead of praising us for keeping their asses from getting crammed into those nice gas showers Hilter loved to give his enemies. They act all high and mighty because they think they are SOOOO much better than anybody else on the planet because they drink vinegar and eat snails.

Ally, my fat white ass!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry they're not continuing to kiss your ass because maybe your ancestors at one time did something good. You on the other hand haven't done anything for them.

You do know that despite our differences and you apparently never meeting anyone from France that Americans and French really do get along. There is of course some bullshit animosity on both sides that can rear it's ugly head, but it's superficial. It really is.

What does Crimea have to do with France not liking us when we have Republicans in office?

Happy, you make a good point, but I will point out to you that most of Europe is run by the Left, so to say they like Democrats more than Republicans is a non starter for obvious reasons. That is like stating we like Canada more than Cuba.

Well...without them we'd be subjects of the queen for much longer than we were. Trade partner, of course a good chunk of our culture is from the French. Our shared resources in the war on terror, the cold war. The only time NATO invoked article 5 was for us on 9/11. France went with us into Afghanistan and stayed for over a decade. I remember they were also involved in the Gulf War as well. Other incursions as too.

The Iraq war...that one you guys pretend to be against now...they ducked out of that one and they were right. "Freedumb fries" is what we got from conservatives.
you didn't read my post. I said after we became a country. Details aren't your forte huh?

France is a leech on the world. We pulled their asses away from being dragged off to Nazi camps, the USA dumped tons of cash into helping rebuild after the war, they've asked for numerous "loans" that have NEVER been repaid. They give us an ugly statue as a "thank you", which doesn't do anything for the USA to pay ITS bills.

They spew hate and animosity at Americans every chance they get, instead of praising us for keeping their asses from getting crammed into those nice gas showers Hilter loved to give his enemies. They act all high and mighty because they think they are SOOOO much better than anybody else on the planet because they drink vinegar and eat snails.

Well, the statue was given to us in the late 1800's. Not a gift for helping them in the 20th century.

Sadly many in thier government are quic to surrender and don't know how to lead a war.

The French Army, men you can count on. Great fighters. The leadership is the problem. Or was.

But as far as the people go, I like them

Happy, you make a good point, but I will point out to you that most of Europe is run by the Left, so to say they like Democrats more than Republicans is a non starter for obvious reasons. That is like stating we like Canada more than Cuba.

No, it's not obvious. Reagan was relatively popular in Europe. Why? For all of his faults he knew who Europe's enemies were.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

DeGaulle challenged the United States to pay him in gold instead of dollars of French investments using the dollar. That was in 1971 and under Bretton Woods there was on last tie to gold, and he was legally allowed to ask. We did not have the gold and the basket of currencies and the crap we experience today slowly ramped up as our fiat currency began to spin out of control with debts and promises to its citizens outpacing real growth.

I don't have a clue how Russia would get at France without going though Poland, Germany and Belgium first. . . . but? I am surprised that just the mere suggestion didn't make the French surrender.

:auiqs.jpg:
No German politician can resist accepting the tolls Russia would pay for the use of the autobahn.
Belgium? Would o what? Throw waffles at the tanks?
Polish sausage is damn good eating and there'd be plenty available when Russia got done with it.

No German politician can resist accepting the tolls Russia would pay for the use of the autobahn.
Belgium? Would o what? Throw waffles at the tanks?
Polish sausage is damn good eating and there'd be plenty available when Russia got done with it.
Russia had a difficult enough time with the first 100 miles of Ukraine and this is a country that was already surrounded. Without nukes they aren't much. They would crumble in the face of an allied western Europe.

No, it's not obvious. Reagan was relatively popular in Europe. Why? For all of his faults he knew who Europe's enemies were.

No, he was popular because he told Gorby to "tear down that wall!" He was also popular because when Reagan refunded the military, they seen the Soviets collapsing.

Add to that, John Paul was with Reagan, and most of Europe is Catholic in the Western parts.

Causing the French military to lay down speed bumps for their tanks and heavy armor.
That didn't threaten France specifically. It was just saber rattling at the west in general. Big deal.

Forum List

Back