wait for it.....

I said, WAIT FOR IT:evil:;

+.1%
unreal.gif

you read that right- .1%.....

U.S. 4Q GDP Revised Up To Meager 0.1% Gain
By Dow Jones Business News, February 28, 2013, 08:45:00 AM EDT

Read more: U.S. 4Q GDP Revised Up To Meager 0.1% Gain

"experts" had forecast .5%....man oh man, we missed .5 by....; .4? that would have been awesome!!! half a % in growth!! babbbbbyy, we almost made it back!!!!
insane%20old%20man.gif

a democratic mouthpiece actually tweeted a few weeks ago that this was the "best retraction we've ever seen" for real, no, really......:doubt:

I am trying to conjure up the medias reaction to that comment if it had been Bush in office. :eusa_think: a cross between the Kennedy assassination and Michelles new bangs ....they beat the snot out of Bush for far higher numbers, in times fare less worse.....this has just,*shrugs* disappeared.

are you trying to frame a move from retraction to growth as something negative?

sure, it aint great, but there were reasons it wasn't good. and positive growth, no matter how small, is better than retraction.

this is something that we should all be happy about.

" this is something that we should all be happy about. "

Somehow I just can't get all excited.

" this is something that we should all be happy about. "

Somehow I just can't get all excited.

i'm not asking you to get excited, i'm just stating that we should all be happier with growth than retraction.

and since we previously thought there was minor retraction we should be happy that's not the case.

sure, it aint great, but there were reasons it wasn't good. and positive growth, no matter how small, is better than retraction.

do you read posts in their entirety or just stop when you think feel like it?

now, taking this whole thing together, the difference between - 1/10 and = 1/10th is minuscule, but it may provide according to the brainiacs out there the difference between a recession or not, if say the Q1 # comes in flat at 0. or - 1/10th, seeing how they define a recession as 2 consecutive minus quarters of gdp...so, does this, or would that make you happy? I mean really? I hope that not the case but hey, it would not surprise me, in the least.

So no, it doesn't make me happy, its in direct contravention of all of the forecasts by a country mile, the Q4 projections from bernbank last summer ( my name for Bernanke) was + 1.7% to 2.0%, .....we got, after adjustment. + 1/10th, thats a HUGE drop of and a HUGE miss......I mean seriously?

:rolleyes:

do you read posts in their entirety or just stop when you think feel like it?

now, taking this whole thing together, the difference between - 1/10 and = 1/10th is minuscule, but it may provide according to the brainiacs out there the difference between a recession or not, if say the Q1 # comes in flat at 0. or - 1/10th, seeing how they define a recession as 2 consecutive minus quarters of gdp...so, does this, or would that make you happy? I mean really? I hope that not the case but hey, it would not surprise me, in the least.

So no, it doesn't make me happy, its in direct contravention of all of the forecasts by a country mile, the Q4 projections from bernbank last summer ( my name for Bernanke) was + 1.7% to 2.0%, .....we got, after adjustment. + 1/10th, thats a HUGE drop of and a HUGE miss......I mean seriously?

:rolleyes:

i read the whole thing, and you seem upset that the number was revised upwards.

i get being disappointed with the growth, but this news, on its own, is good news.

or do you disagree?

Forum List

Back