Question for pro equality liberals

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
Why is there zero attention on the fact that only males, at age 18, have to register with the selective service? They've even removed urinals from the new air craft carrier class so that they can easily switch from male to female bathrooms. Why is it okay that 50% of the US population has to register at age 18, or be jailed, fined, and denied certain federal benefits for life?

I thought you care about equality? So why is there zero attention on this issue, especially from the left?

Why is there zero attention on the fact that only males, at age 18, have to register with the selective service? They've even removed urinals from the new air craft carrier class so that they can easily switch from male to female bathrooms. Why is it okay that 50% of the US population has to register at age 18, or be jailed, fined, and denied certain federal benefits for life?

I thought you care about equality? So why is there zero attention on this issue, especially from the left?
Did you miss the memo? Men don't complain when the greater glory of their Republic is at stake.

In any case, women are welcome to ask for equality of pay based upon any objective and market based metrics of equality of work, under Article 4, Section 2.

What does this have to do with your bizarre conception of the other you name liberal? Are you so blinded by ideology that you think, no, don't even think? Why not ask the Navy, etc, and there is no draft, so stop wetting the bed you can hug your blankee while others serve.

Perhaps there is "zero attention on this issue" because civil rights advocates choose their battles. The most critical issues are addressed first, then less critical issues.

There are a number of other civil rights issues that should be addressed, such as giving torturers a free pass despite treaty obligations to prosecute ALL torturers.

It all boils down to integrity.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

I agree with your basic premise- I think that selective service should apply to all or none.

I just don't know anyone personally who cares about the issue, and until there is a draft, it will likely be a non-issue.

But in principle I agree with you.

Oh and there is no attention to the issue by anyone on the right or the left.

All adults over 18 should have to register for the draft.

Why do you assume all liberals think that way?

Until women are mainstreamed 100% into frontline units, it really doesn't make sense to include them in a draft.

Especially from the left? You mean no one brought this up and since the left is under your bed, no one means "the left"?

I asked this question when feminist meetings started on campus in '68. I thought it would help stop the draft if women insisted on being part of it.
No one wanted to deal with it.

I simply and civilly, refuse to take women seriously if they can't be moral enough by being honest enough to sincerely come up to me and tell me it is my turn to use them, because she wants to get to know me better and maybe get a free sample relationship out of me.

I have no problem with women being that moral with me.

Forum List

Back