Question for the supporters of laissiez faire gun sales

Are ad hominems a legitimate form of rebuttal, and do they help support your cause?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
and all manner of gun controls?

Do the attacks which began in earnest yesterday, and continue today, on the teenagers who marched in The District and in cities around our nation Saturday, help your cause or harm it?

Attacking 17 year old marchers for their sexual orientation, looks or color is a theme which infects many of the threads on this topic

• Banned
Obviously I voted No. Those who continue to echo "shall not be infringed" fail to understand that their are limits now, on what arms and what persons can own, possess or ever legally have a gun in their custody and control.

Do the attacks which began in earnest yesterday, and continue today, on the teenagers who marched in The District and in cities around our nation Saturday, help your cause or harm it?

Attacking 17 year old marchers for their sexual orientation, looks or color is a theme which infects many of the threads on this topic
Are the marchers attacking others.....who had nothing to do with what happened in her school? Themarchers knew the shooter was marginalized, did they do anything to help him?....We know they didn't because they admitted it

/----/ Why not? LIberals have used ad hominem attacks on Conservatives since the 1960s or haven't you noticed? Here's a small sample of attacks Libs launch at President Trump on a daily basis.

• He is ORANGE!
    • He is a sleazebag
    • He stared directly at the sun during a solar eclipse.
    • His hair is disgraceful. By this I mean that his hair is one of the means by which he fails to grow old gracefully.
    • His wife hates him and won't live under the same roof as he does.
    • He is addicted to Twitter.
    • He eats a lot of KFC. In his mind, the Colonel outranks all his generals.
    • Covfefe.
    • He is a tacky, gaudy clown who thinks painting something gold makes it classy.
    • He is sexually attracted to his daughter.
    • He is a foul mouthed and ignorant communicator.
    • He cheats at golf.
BTW - the list is provided by a left winger: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-common-ad-hominem-attacks-that-liberals-use-against-Trump

How are they any different than any other victim the left trots out to push their cause? You guys have made an art form out of this. You exploit victims of tragedies, trot them out in front of the cameras, and then when people criticize them in return you start screaming, "You can't attack them! They're victims!!!"

• Banned

Are the marchers attacking others.....who had nothing to do with what happened in her school? Themarchers knew the shooter was marginalized, did they do anything to help him?....We know they didn't because they admitted it

Q. Are they attacking others

A. Not with ad hominems.

Persona attacks are not arguments, they are logical fallacies. They are exercising their First Amendment Rights.

You can defend your Second Amendment Rights, why can't they defend their First.

Attacks that began yesterday? You lying scum have been attacking us for years trying to disarm us.

Yeap, because liberals are such great people.
28954277_2062780910428526_176495028691979399_o.jpg

Q. Are they attacking others

A. Not with ad hominems.

Persona attacks are not arguments, they are logical fallacies. They are exercising their First Amendment Rights.

You can defend your Second Amendment Rights, why can't they defend their First.
They are using personal and literal attacks.....NRA spokeslady had to move to protect herself....this is not the American way...unless you are trying to emulate the KKK

The OP is a false statement on its face. I cannot go into a gun store and walk out with a gun today. It is not like buying a t shirt at Walmart.

Last edited:

Listen to David Hoggs.........the one giving inspiration to the left gun grabbing nuts.............

Especially when he states we should use White Privilege terminology...............

Attacks that began yesterday? You lying scum have been attacking us for years trying to disarm us.

Idiot-gram, hackneyed variety. You are the epitome of the childish punks I once had the pleasure to lock up.

The OP is a false statement on its face. I cannot go into a gun store and walk out with a gun today. It is not like buying a t shirt at Walmart.

No it is not as easy as buying a T shirt, and it should not be. However it is easy to buy a gun without any background check from another person, or in the parking lot of a gun show, or by a straw buyer.

So your post reflects your ignorance, and/or that you are a damn liar.

Idiot-gram, hackneyed variety. You are the epitome of the childish punks I once had the pleasure to lock up.
Denying the fact that you fascists have been trying to ban guns for decades is a fact. That you play deflection games when i's pointed out is a fact also.

Obviously I voted No. Those who continue to echo "shall not be infringed" fail to understand that their are limits now, on what arms and what persons can own, possess or ever legally have a gun in their custody and control.

What do you fail to understand about when government has the right to limit a constitutional right? Government can limit a constitutional right, only when it can show a compelling reason to do so, and then only when it can show that the limitation is the least restrictive means of meeting that compelling reason.

Because it makes some people feel better is not a compelling reason to limit others' constitutional rights. Especially, when the restrictions desired will not solve the stated problem.

LOL! I agree...let's follow your example and not use ad hominem attacks. LMAO! (oops)

What do you fail to understand about when government has the right to limit a constitutional right? Government can limit a constitutional right, only when it can show a compelling reason to do so, and then only when it can show that the limitation is the least restrictive means of meeting that compelling reason.

Because it makes some people feel better is not a compelling reason to limit others' constitutional rights. Especially, when the restrictions desired will not solve the stated problem.

Have I reminded you enough that your are stupid, or must I continue to tell you what is evident to every person who reads your shit and l's o l.

But I digress. Rational people with empathy find the murders of innocent people a compelling reason to debate gun controls and the need for a more restrictive policy on gun and ammo sales. Irrational people do not, and stupid people believe more guns in the hands of more people is the panacea.

No it is not as easy as buying a T shirt, and it should not be. However it is easy to buy a gun without any background check from another person, or in the parking lot of a gun show, or by a straw buyer.

So your post reflects your ignorance, and/or that you are a damn liar.

I'm sure you are aware that, at the very least, no person is allowed to sell their firearm to another if the other isn't allowed to possess the firearm, aren't you?

Private Gun Sale Laws by State - FindLaw

Have I reminded you enough that your are stupid, or must I continue to tell you what is evident to every person who reads your shit and l's o l.

But I digress. Rational people with empathy find the murders of innocent people a compelling reason to debate gun controls and the need for a more restrictive policy on gun and ammo sales. Irrational people do not, and stupid people believe more guns in the hands of more people is the panacea.
Lie of the day. No gun control will stop a murderer when the government refuses to do it's job and the police cower outside while he murders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back