Questions about having double insurance

Dr.Destructo

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2024
I've had to give up some medications because they quadrupled in price this January.
There are no "generics" for these drugs either, so I've had to give them up because I can't afford them.
And unfortunately, the main side effect I'm getting is weight gain which I cannot get rid of because of the other meds I take.

So, I'm stuck getting fat because I can't get the meds my Dr wants me on, to take care of my ailments and to keep the weight off.

I have a perscription plan paid for by my employer, but it doesn't pay much, especially now that the med I need has quadrupled this January.

I've looked into double prescription insurance, but I'm not sure exactly how it works, who the best company is for this, and so on.

Does anybody have double insurance, or understand how it works?

I've had to give up some medications because they quadrupled in price this January.
There are no "generics" for these drugs either, so I've had to give them up because I can't afford them.
And unfortunately, the main side effect I'm getting is weight gain which I cannot get rid of because of the other meds I take.

So, I'm stuck getting fat because I can't get the meds my Dr wants me on, to take care of my ailments and to keep the weight off.

I have a perscription plan paid for by my employer, but it doesn't pay much, especially now that the med I need has quadrupled this January.

I've looked into double prescription insurance, but I'm not sure exactly how it works, who the best company is for this, and so on.

Does anybody have double insurance, or understand how it works?
I really can't help you with the insurance question, but I am aware that many pharmaceutical companies will provide you with the meds if you can't afford them. Contact the company--can't hurt. Good Luck!

Forum List

Back