Grandmother questioned about infant medicine by Pharmacy tech

Liquer? WTF, over?

The proper medicine for infant teething is Orajel. Your baby won't get drunk.
You don't give it enough to get it drunk...dolt. You give the baby enough to deaden the pain. What is wrong with you? LOLOLOLOL

I'd rather use a little liquer for a baby or child rather than that chemical laced crap they're slapping a label with a baby picture on it. Grandmothers and mothers have been soothing babies with a little bit of spirits for generations. You already said the OTC baby meds were deadly. W.T.H

Whats wrong with ice cube binkies???
1662514981628.png

The job of a pharma tech is to put pills in a bottle, and to be background checked so they are not likely to be stealing the controlled substances.

A pharmacist can advise on the effects of a medicine prescribed by a doctor, or an over-the-counter medicine, but it is not required to consult with one before purchasing it.

Funny, when I was referred to an oncologist, my wife had a bunch of questions for the gastroenterologist when he referred me after an endoscopy found a growth. He would not answer a single one, because that is not his area of expertise.

A pharmacy tech =/= a pediatric physician.
Why are you such an asshole know-it-all? My daughter-in-law was a pharmacy tech in the Army. I think she understands her duties and responsibilities better than you!

You don't give it enough to get it drunk...dolt. You give the baby enough to deaden the pain. What is wrong with you? LOLOLOLOL

I'd rather use a little liquer for a baby or child rather than that chemical laced crap they're slapping a label with a baby picture on it. Grandmothers and mothers have been soothing babies with a little bit of spirits for generations. You already said the OTC baby meds were deadly. W.T.H
There is no such thing as liquer. Learn to fucking spell!

One of my teacher's aides asked to leave campus for a while to take baby Tylenol to her grandbaby's day care, because her daughter-in-law works far away, and our school is very close, and the baby is crying due to teething. I said "just rub some whiskey on her gums." She laughed and said, "that's what my mamma did."

When she got back, she said that she had asked the person behind the counter if there was such a thing as infant Motrin. The conversation went like this:

"We don't recommend that."

"I just asked if there is such a thing."

"Our pharmacist would say no."

"Your pharmacist would say that there's no such thing as infant Motrin? What about generic infant ibuprofen?"

"No, our pharmacist would say not to give it to a child under six months."

"The child is eight months. Do you have it or not?"

"You should wait until the pharmacist gets back. But he'll say no."

"Never mind!"

I told her, "See. The liquor store wouldn't have given you static like that."

What world is this where a pharmacist's assistant lectures a grandmother on how to take care of a child?
A pharmacist's assistant cannot legally give advice like that.....why is that grandmother trying to get that assistant fired?

A pharmacist's assistant cannot legally give advice like that.....why is that grandmother trying to get that assistant fired?
If you re-read the original post, you will see that the grandmother did not ask the pharmacist assistance for any advice. Just a factual answer to a question about whether a certain product exists.

The pharma-chick insisted on giving advice instead of a straight answer.

Why are you such an asshole know-it-all? My daughter-in-law was a pharmacy tech in the Army. I think she understands her duties and responsibilities better than you!
My grandmother was a grandmother. I think she understands her duties as a grandmother better than you.

Don't think that doctors or pharmacists for that matter have any better education than any pubic school educated child in america today. And probably worse since..these doctors/pharmacists are mostly foreigners who are promised a residency in the us for paying for a degree to graduate from an off shore medical college. LOLOL We ain't gettin' the best of the bunch.

These foreign medical grads score very high on the ECFMG. Their training is excellent.

Actually...it would be well to keep in mind that gov't control pharmacies..as we saw during the scamdemic...when they denied prescriptions written by doctors when the pharmacy (and gov't) did not agree with it, are not your friends. They are not there to make sure you get the care or medical concoctions your doctor thinks you need. They are there to institute gov't health care. NOT necessarily in your best interest.

Actually...it would be well to keep in mind that gov't control pharmacies..as we saw during the scamdemic...when they denied prescriptions written by doctors when the pharmacy (and gov't) did not agree with it, are not your friends. They are not there to make sure you get the care or medical concoctions your doctor thinks you need. They are there to institute gov't health care. NOT necessarily in your best interest.
Right?

So much for the abortion lobby and it's crocodile tears about coming between a woman and her doctor.

If you re-read the original post, you will see that the grandmother did not ask the pharmacist assistance for any advice. Just a factual answer to a question about whether a certain product exists.

The pharma-chick insisted on giving advice instead of a straight answer.
So grandma couldn't find an over the counter product?

You are a hysterical fool!

So grandma couldn't find an over the counter product?

You are a hysterical fool!
There was a time when people who worked as lowly store clerks and pharma assistants, could at least tell you where an item was in the store, without turning it into a woke lecture on politically correct baby medicine.

There was a time when people who worked as lowly store clerks and pharma assistants, could at least tell you where an item was in the store, without turning it into a woke lecture on politically correct baby medicine.
So you are an arrogant, elitist asshole. Enough said!

All of the data indict the statement above. I posted to this because we still idiots propounding conspiracy theories that if followed will lead to the deaths of millions.
That's what they said about the lab leak theory.

If our intelligence and medical leaders had followed the most obvious lead instead of having Fauci cook up his cockamamie excuses, we could have saved millions of lives.

That's what they said about the lab leak theory.

If our intelligence and medical leaders had followed the most obvious lead instead of having Fauci cook up his cockamamie excuses, we could have saved millions of lives.
No, we would not. If we had followed Sweden's nonsense, we would have lost four to five million.

Forum List

Back