Questions for Kamara supporters

Then why do businesses waste money paying people to do these jobs that don't benefit the business?
If those jobs are not filled why do some say "nobody wants to work anymore" when that is so far from the truth. So if those jobs go unfilled well it's not an issue. Not even gor the employer.

If those jobs are not filled why do some say "nobody wants to work anymore" when that is so far from the truth. So if those jobs go unfilled well it's not an issue. Not even gor the employer.
So why do employers advertise for positions that they don't want to fill? It's a waste of money.

Because they're trying to find labor for the lowest price possible. So if they can't find anyone it's not a huge deal they have to offer more to find a worker just to show up.
That doesn't explain why they'd pay someone for a job that they don't need done.

If someone is dumb enough to apply for $10 per hour that's on the emoyee I agree. I also cheer when the position is unfilled for a very long time.
Maybe the $10 per hour employee is a kid with a part-time job, or a wife with a high school diploma picking up some extra money while the kids are in school to augment the household income.

Say a mom works 10 - 2 as a cashier or helper in a retail store. That’s 20 hours a week, and about $850 a month, after taxes perhaps $650. If this family is living in a modest apartment, that could pay for half the rent. If they have a mortgage, a third of the mortgage,

What’s wrong with pride in working and contributing to the family income, or, if a teen, picking up some spending money? I did it myself during college, 15 hours a week, for minimum wage.

I certainly didn’t puff out my chest and say “well I’m not working for $2.25 an hour!” It was great. I earned enough to go to the 2nd rate discos in NY every weekend, and even pay for Chicago (the band) tickets! One time I went to a Broadway show, and another time to a Lincoln Center. And ALL with my part-time job earnings.

You act like working for minimum wage is foolish. It builds character in the young, and provides extra spending money to young and older alike.

Last edited:
$10 per hour? No teen needs to settle for that. They are getting $18 per hour working at our gas station. That's decent, not good, but decent for a kid. Forcing employers to pay more to attract workers is best for the economy.

We are not talking about IMMIGRANTS. We are talking about ILLEGAL ALIENS. And they are a drag on the system on many levels: the $150 billion a year it costs Americans to support them, they’re competing for finite resources which drives inflation on Americans, and of course the rape and murders that would not have occurred if the border had been closed.

THey cost money in services (although nowhere near $150 Billion), but they generate far more in the value of labor they provide and economic activity they generate.

Myth #1: Immigrants take more from the U.S. government than they contribute

Fact: Immigrants contribute more in tax revenue than they take in government benefits

A 2017 report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine found immigration “has an overall positive impact on the long-run economic growth in the U.S.”

How that breaks down is important.

First-generation immigrants cost the government more than native-born Americans, according to the report — about $1,600 per person annually. But second generation immigrants are “among the strongest fiscal and economic contributors in the U.S.,” the report found. They contribute about $1,700 per person per year. All other native-born Americans, including third generation immigrants, contribute $1,300 per year on average.

Forcing employers to pay more to attract workers is best for the economy.

This is crazy. Raising the minimum wage means fewer jobs and/or higher prices. If you force higher wages then the employer has to find ways to make up the difference in higher labor costs. Generally that means higher prices that in some industries results in fewer jobs or less hours worked or lower benefits. And in some cases the employer goes out of business and none of that helps the economy.

There is a basic rule in business that money flows to where it makes the greatest return on investment. If the expected profit isn't enough to make the enterprise worthwhile, then you won't get new business startups or business expansions and that is definitely not good for economic growth. That's just the way it is.

$10 per hour? No teen needs to settle for that. They are getting $18 per hour working at our gas station. That's decent, not good, but decent for a kid. Forcing employers to pay more to attract workers is best for the economy.
Depends where you live. In rural America, that’s decent for a teen.

Depends where you live. In rural America, that’s decent for a teen.
I live in rural America. For $10 I'd laugh when down the road the lowest wage is $18 per hour. It would be proper if nobody applies for the $10 job. Or show up for 2 days and quit.

Forum List

Back