Quincy Rides Again

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
New think tank needs an Israel reality check

The Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft think tank launched last November. It has recently issued a roughly 15,000 word manifesto entitled “Ending America’s Misguided Policy of Middle East Domination.” For those who would find ten thousand words plus intimidating, the paper includes a more digestible 1,221 word executive summary which fairly accurately summarizes the document’s conclusions.

I have written about Quincy before, here and here and here. In short, while I would applaud a restrained foreign policy, particularly for the Middle East, I find Quincy unconvincing. It claims to promote “ideas that move U.S. foreign policy away from endless war and toward vigorous diplomacy in the pursuit of international peace” and further takes some pride in being non-partisan, though bipartisan might be a better description. To be sure, Quincy’s two major donors have been reported to be the highly controversial George Soros on the globalist left and the equally notorious Koch Foundation on the libertarian-lite right.

Some interesting observations in the article and the comments

The ME has warred for centuries

Exactly, which is why no Western nation should be involved. I know since the 1920s Western nations have got involved in various ways BUT I think that now beginning 2020 Western nations should GTFO and just leave the Middle East to itself, if they want to continue to war with each other let them do it, it's only what's natural to them. Western involvement has zero benefits for Western nations all Western nations have got from this is increased Islamic Terrorist attacks and Muh Refugees.

• Banned
Israel wants the ME all to itself- of course it wants the US to pay for it with our money and lives- they're too special to do it themselves. Just ask the Christians.

Forum List

Back