R.C. Sproul: The Psychology of Atheism

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1uExqTHGSU]R.C Sproul: The Psychology Of Atheism - Defending Your Faith Part 25 - YouTube[/ame]

If there is a God, why is there Atheists?

There are, and have been, lots of gods.

Why are you a Christian (aside from that being the dominant religion / the religion your parents gave you), when there are smarter, nicer, better, unionized gods you could believe in?

Why are you a Christian (aside from that being the dominant religion / the religion your parents gave you), when there are smarter, nicer, better, unionized gods you could believe in?

That's what he's saying, Hollie. The fear of being accountable to a God who is holy is making you afraid of being unholy so you trade or change the truth of God's existence in for idolatry which is what you posted.

The biggest fear of fallen human beings is being naked and we know it when God kicked Adam out of the garden because atheists have been running ever since.

Last edited:

That's what he's saying, Hollie. The fear of being accountable to a God who is holy is making you afraid of being unholy so you trade or change the truth of God's existence in for idolatry which is what you posted.

The biggest fear of fallen human beings is being naked and we know it when God kicked Adam out of the garden because atheists have been running ever since.

I posted nothing about idolatry. Further, I have no fear of being held accountable by your gods or anyone else's gods. I give no more credence to your gods striking me down with a lighting bolt than I do being hit with a boulder tossed off of Mount Olympus by Alkyoneus.

I think your argument for belief in the supernatural perfectly defines one of the various dynamics that motivates religious beliefs: The deep seated fear of dying, fear of the unknown and a desire to experience our lives. Perhaps not everyone shares those feeling, perhaps not everyone can. The best way to ameliorate the idea of such injustice and to improve the world is to actively be involved in making this world the kind of world it should be. The onus is on us.

But the struggle over the questions of origins and our place in the universe -- in fact, pondering all great mysteries -- is the real thing that sets us above the animals. Perhaps in the end, sentient life is the universe's way of trying to understand itself. But I consider that a noble struggle, and don't diminish it in any way. I applaud it and it makes me feel good about the human condition. And, what is more courageous than saying, "I want to know the truth?" (wherever it leads).

Trembling in fear before angry gods is counterproductive and time-wasting.

You know it because someone told you an ancient story that man made up to deliver/send a message to the person listening?

When a hari krisna comes up to you in the airport, do you believe anything they say?

The reason we started wearing clothes was for protection. Then some king with a little dick decided to make wearing clothes the law. Today a fat guy with big tits can walk around without a shirt but a girl with little boobs can't? By the way, I love being naked.

And atheists haven't been running ever since. We've been arguing ever since men made up the story of god. It never made sense to us because someone made the whole thing up. We asked for proof and they said they could give no proof. We'd have to just have faith in their stories.

Did Adam and Eve's kids have to have incest? Did Noah's? No wonder we're so fucked up. We're descendants of inbreeding.

adam_eve_big.jpg

When a hari krisna comes up to you in the airport, do you believe anything they say?

You're either really old or haven't flown in a long time cuz hari krishna's don't do airports anymore.

But, if you're ever in Tucson, there's a place called Govinda's that does the best vegan/vegetarian food you'll ever have. Really gourmet quality. When I was there last, it was $6.95 for all you could eat.

And, they didn't preach.

But I thought your god had a little temper tantrum and killed off all the humans that were the issue of Adam and Eve. That would mean we're all descendant from a crazy old drunk named Noah.

Forum List

Back