Race Hustlers now going after Sterling's WIFE

“Sumner Davenport declares that when she worked for Sterling she often accompanied Rochelle Sterling on apartment inspections. Rochelle Sterling would regularly pose as a government official in order to gain access to tenants’ apartments, and during the inspections Sterling directed her to record, among other things, tenants’ ethnicity,” noted federal Judge A. Howard Matz.

If you are a landlord recording the ethnicity of tenants is going to be a priority. At some point you will be sued for discrimination. You better be ready to prove that the last two tenants were black and the ones that followed were also black .

“Sumner Davenport declares that when she worked for Sterling she often accompanied Rochelle Sterling on apartment inspections. Rochelle Sterling would regularly pose as a government official in order to gain access to tenants’ apartments, and during the inspections Sterling directed her to record, among other things, tenants’ ethnicity,” noted federal Judge A. Howard Matz.

That means nothing. SHe could have been recording ethnicity to prove there was no discrimination. She could have been recording ethnicity for a HUD report...

This IS a witch hunt. A shameful witch hunt. Am I a hypocrite for siding with the NBA over Donald Sterlings 'punishment?' Maybe...maybe I am guilty of a knee jerk reaction as well. I agree with the fine and I think he should have been suspended for no more than 2 years. I don't think he should be forced to sell his franchise and I hope the owners say no and allow public opinion to force that decision on the Sterling's.

I can say for certain, trying to vet a private citizen to take away their success or good name is wrong. Hopefully that isn't confused with the idea of condoning racism, because it is not.

That means nothing. SHe could have been recording ethnicity to prove there was no discrimination. She could have been recording ethnicity for a HUD report...

This IS a witch hunt. A shameful witch hunt. Am I a hypocrite for siding with the NBA over Donald Sterlings 'punishment?' Maybe...maybe I am guilty of a knee jerk reaction as well. I agree with the fine and I think he should have been suspended for no more than 2 years. I don't think he should be forced to sell his franchise and I hope the owners say no and allow public opinion to force that decision on the Sterling's.

I can say for certain, trying to vet a private citizen to take away their success or good name is wrong. Hopefully that isn't confused with the idea of condoning racism, because it is not.

Lets not be naive here

Court documents obtained by the Times also assert that Shelly Sterling posed as a Health Department inspector and told an on-site manager, Maira Oliva: “Oh, my God. This is so filthy. I can’t remodel my apartments the way that I want because Latinos are so filthy.”

In a 2009 deposition, a tenant at one of the Sterling’s apartment buildings in Los Angeles County said that Rochelle Sterling called him a “black m—f—” during a discussion at the building.”
“I asked her again, I asked her, ‘would you reduce the rent?’” Darrell Rhodes said in the deposition. “And she said, ‘who do you think you are, you black m—f—.’
“The way in which she said m—f— was more lower voiced, under her breath. She said black loud enough for me to hear, she said mother loud enough for me to hear. F— part was a little lower. I had to look at her lips to hear her say it. And I did.”

Lets not be naive here

Court documents obtained by the Times also assert that Shelly Sterling posed as a Health Department inspector and told an on-site manager, Maira Oliva: “Oh, my God. This is so filthy. I can’t remodel my apartments the way that I want because Latinos are so filthy.”

In a 2009 deposition, a tenant at one of the Sterling’s apartment buildings in Los Angeles County said that Rochelle Sterling called him a “black m—f—” during a discussion at the building.”
“I asked her again, I asked her, ‘would you reduce the rent?’” Darrell Rhodes said in the deposition. “And she said, ‘who do you think you are, you black m—f—.’
“The way in which she said m—f— was more lower voiced, under her breath. She said black loud enough for me to hear, she said mother loud enough for me to hear. F— part was a little lower. I had to look at her lips to hear her say it. And I did.”

You make a good point. I'm gonna respond to this, a little bit later tonight. Hopefully the racists don't ruin the discussion by the time I get back.

Did she evict black or latino tenants to rent to white tenants? That's discrimination. Evicting a black slob to rent to a nice black family is not discrimination. Are the buildings now all white?

Black people are always going to hear a racial slur. Tell them your toe hurts and they will hear a racial slur. Bill O'Reilly went to dinner in Harlem with a black friend and remarked that he had a good time and everyone was friendly. THAT was a racial slur.

Did she evict black or latino tenants to rent to white tenants? That's discrimination. Evicting a black slob to rent to a nice black family is not discrimination. Are the buildings now all white?

Black people are always going to hear a racial slur. Tell them your toe hurts and they will hear a racial slur. Bill O'Reilly went to dinner in Harlem with a black friend and remarked that he had a good time and everyone was friendly. THAT was a racial slur.

I think the point you are missing is that type of language shows she is a racist.

Black people only hear a racial slur when you use one. its pretty hard to mistake for anything else.

I think the point you are missing is that type of language shows she is a racist.

Black people only hear a racial slur when you use one. its pretty hard to mistake for anything else.

Huh?

Where is the proof that this woman used "racist" language? A deposition is not proof. You do know that, don't you?

Like I said...the feeding frenzy is in full BEAST Mode!! Attack!! Attack!! Attack!!!

Last edited:

Huh?

Where is the proof that this woman used "racist" language? A deposition is not proof. You do know that, don't you?

Like I said...the feeding frenzy is in full BEAST Mode!! Attack!! Attack!! Attack!!!

You do realize this proof was used to win a law suit against them right? They settled to make it go away for 5 million dollars. You sound ignorant for speaking without knowing what happened.

Huh?

You do realize this proof was used to win a law suit against them right? They settled to make it go away for 5 million dollars. You sound ignorant for speaking without knowing what happened.

I'm ignorant? :lol:

A deposition is still not PROOF- it is testimony.

and...

They did not settle for $5 million.

Bill O'Reilly went to dinner in Harlem with a black friend and remarked that he had a good time and everyone was friendly. THAT was a racial slur.

I vaguely remember this one and I wanted to comment on it real quick. The reason *some* blacks felt his comment was a racial slur is because it portrays blacks as being subhuman and incapable of being friendly. It makes an assertion that all blacks are thugs and it was surprising that he was able to have a nice time in a black area. I realize you won't understand that and I will be attacked for conveying that feeling. IMHO, it was not a racist comment, but I can understand why some blacks were offended. It's like a female making a caddy remark, passive aggressiveness, almost a slap in the face.

Its not fair to O'Reilly and whites, I agree. But that is the reality when you allow people like Matthew and Shootspeeders to represent your belief system. That is the reality in a nation recovering from institutionalized racism and hate. That is what conservatives need to realize before they condemn all blacks every time there is a disagreement.

Huh?

and...

Yes you are ignorant. You dont know what you are talking about.

Another case, filed in 2003 by the Housing Rights Center, alleged housing discrimination against blacks and Latinos as well. That case also resulted in a confidential settlement, but reports have estimated the Sterlings paid close to $5 million in attorney’s fees to the plaintiffs.

They settled to make it go away. You keep defending them though.

Bill O'Reilly went to dinner in Harlem with a black friend and remarked that he had a good time and everyone was friendly. THAT was a racial slur.

I vaguely remember this one and I wanted to comment on it real quick. The reason *some* blacks felt his comment was a racial slur is because it portrays blacks as being subhuman and incapable of being friendly. It makes an assertion that all blacks are thugs and it was surprising that he was able to have a nice time in a black area. I realize you won't understand that and I will be attacked for conveying that feeling. IMHO, it was not a racist comment, but I can understand why some blacks were offended. It's like a female making a caddy remark, passive aggressiveness, almost a slap in the face.

Its not fair to O'Reilly and whites, I agree. But that is the reality when you allow people like Matthew and Shootspeeders to represent your belief system. That is the reality in a nation recovering from institutionalized racism and hate. That is what conservatives need to realize before they condemn all blacks every time there is a disagreement.

Exactly. Offensive is not the same as racist. When white people get their ferals under control Black people wont be as suspicious.

and...

Yes you are ignorant. You dont know what you are talking about.

Another case, filed in 2003 by the Housing Rights Center, alleged housing discrimination against blacks and Latinos as well. That case also resulted in a confidential settlement, but reports have estimated the Sterlings paid close to $5 million in attorney’s fees to the plaintiffs.

They settled to make it go away. You keep defending them though.

Where is the link to the quote?

I haven't defended anyone.

Lets not be naive here

You make a good point. I'm gonna respond to this, a little bit later tonight. Hopefully the racists don't ruin the discussion by the time I get back.

Sometimes there is a give and take in relationships. Lady Sterling spoke out against her husband...quickly and sternly. She has a past, as we all do. Some times, we just have to give people the benefit of the doubt. We don't need to rake this women through the coals, nor do we need to challenge whether or not she is genuine...time and her actions will tell.

You said it best:

Exactly. Offensive is not the same as racist.

Her deposition may have been offensive, but it is not necessarily racist.

[QUO TE=Asclepias;9028.728]

Huh?

You do realize this proof was used to win a law suit against them right? They settled to make it go away for 5 million dollars. You sound ignorant for speaking without knowing what happened.[/QUOTE]

When you have two billion dollars paying out five million is cheap enough to be worth less than your time.

If this Sterling fiasco becomes so absurd that the people rise up and scream ENOUGH. It will be worth it. How long can this kind of foolishness be tolerated? I stopped long ago.

It's a feeding frenzy!

Race Hustling 101!!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Why is the right so intent on posting speculation as hard news?

you mean like the nevada militia checkpoint thread? and his OP is correct, they are going after her.

that you fail to grasp simple facts is not surprising pee wee herman

Lol...you can't even be original in your insults.

Forum List

Back