RAISING TAXES: New Twitter CEO Musk Contemplates CHARGING CORPORATIONS a "fee" to TWEET

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

May 3 (Reuters) - Elon Musk said on Tuesday Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) might charge a "slight" fee for commercial and government users, part of the billionaire entrepreneur's push to grow revenue which has lagged behind larger rivals like Meta Platforms Inc's (FB.O) Facebook.
Musk also told the banks he planned to develop features to grow business revenue, including new ways to make money out of tweets that contain important information or go viral, sources told Reuters.

I don't necessarily think this is a good or a bad idea, I am generally for increasing taxes on corporations - my biggest question is WHO and what are the CRITERIA? Is it just whoever Elon Musk is enemies with like Democrats and liberals? Or is it going to be a set standard that is uniform and fair? Thoughts?

May 3 (Reuters) - Elon Musk said on Tuesday Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) might charge a "slight" fee for commercial and government users, part of the billionaire entrepreneur's push to grow revenue which has lagged behind larger rivals like Meta Platforms Inc's (FB.O) Facebook.
Musk also told the banks he planned to develop features to grow business revenue, including new ways to make money out of tweets that contain important information or go viral, sources told Reuters.

I don't necessarily think this is a good or a bad idea, I am generally for increasing taxes on corporations - my biggest question is WHO and what are the CRITERIA? Is it just whoever Elon Musk is enemies with like Democrats and liberals? Or is it going to be a set standard that is uniform and fair? Thoughts?

Where he is probably screwing up is his alleged plan to verify the identity of every user.

I am generally for increasing taxes on corporations
Musk isn't a government entity--what does he have to do with raising corporate taxes?
Elon Musk is enemies with like Democrats and liberals?
Last I heard, neither of those were corporate or government entities. Did you read the title of your link?

That sounds iffy. A friend of mine has several twitter accounts. Even his village cricket club has an account.

Twitter is also Cancel Culture Central. People are not going to want to have their names readily identifiable on both sides of the equation. People don't want psychos doxing them and psychos don't want to face defamation lawsuits.

• Banned
Musk isn't a government entity--what does he have to do with raising corporate taxes?

The topic is about Twitter wanting to charge a fee to Corporations for Tweeting. No idea what the flying rat's ass you're talking about saying Musk isn't a government entity. No shit, dingbat.

It's a private business...he is free to charge anyone to use his services...

However, isn't it discriminatory to single out corporations?? They are people too

LOL....Corporations aren't people anyway.....Right?.....That's the dem view.....At least till Musk wants to make them pay. ;)

A corporation is not, nor has it ever been, a constitutional person with voting rights; it is not, not has it ever been, a democratic citizen; nor has it ever been a constituent member of "We the People ".....NPR

The first two words of my OP is "May 3"
STFU. I haven't anymore time for your stupidity--The first two words (in the title) of YOUR OP are--

RAISING TAXES: New Twitter CEO Musk Contemplates CHARGING CORPORATIONS a "fee" to TWEET​

Now read it dumbass--No wonder the country is going down so fast if you are the poster boy for your generation.

Pay for a premium service?

How is that a “tax”?

Are you mentally handicapped?

If its a reasonable fee per month, I doubt that would chase any corporations away, however if it's a charge per tweet, you'd expect to see less use I would think.

Tax? What the fuck does this have to do with taxes? Would it be too difficult for you to find out what words mean before throwing them around wildly?

tax
[taks]

NOUN
  1. a compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and business profits, or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions:

The topic is about Twitter wanting to charge a fee to Corporations for Tweeting. No idea what the flying rat's ass you're talking about saying Musk isn't a government entity. No shit, dingbat.

What we're talking about is your repeated use of the word "tax", which is something governments do, not private entities like Musk and Twitter.

They use it as a advertising platform to make themselves money. You have to pay for commerical time or to put a banner ad on a website, this is no different. Affiliate links or something.

Could even make it a click thru charge. Everytime someone clicks the link Twitter gets like a 3 cents or something like that. or just a blanket monthly fee to post stuff.

Forum List

Back