🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul;Disgusting jellyfish SLAMS voter ID law as "OFFENSIVE"

Cruz would have to turn American first
He's as American as Obama or McCain.

No question about Obama, Hawaii became a state in 1959, as for McCain, one can argue Congress cannot "add" miltary bases in foreign countries as places for "natural born" Americans, but that arugument has lost in courts. No question Cruz is ineligible.
Cruz is indeed eligible. The fact that he did not have to go through a naturalization process, and was an automatic American Citizen at birth, makes him a natural born citizen.

Status as a natural-born citizen of the United States is one of the eligibility requirements established in the United States Constitution for election to the office of President or Vice President. This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence.

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated that

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to foreign parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.

Natural-born-citizen clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canadians are not natural born citizens

Especially those with commie parents

He is a Canadian born of communist parents
His mom was American by birth. There is no communism in the US. Let me rephrase that ... there was no communism in the US prior to the current administration.

His father was a Cuban communist, his mother, a communist lover

What does that make Cruz?
Rafael Cruz was not a Communist. He was not a Castro fan, and when he determined that Castro was a Communist (was seizing private property, and jailing dissidents ), Cruz left Cuba for Texas. That was in 1957, two years prior to the revolution.

Gotta keep the poor people from voting

Bullshit. If poor South Africans can make it to the voting booth with voter ID what the hell is wrong with American poor people?

Do you think American poor people are less intelligent, less capable, less able to cast a ballot than a poor South Africaner?

I beleive you and others do. Sad. How sad that you think so little of fellow Americans that just because of their financial status you believe they are incapable of voting with voter ID.

Hell's bells even the Carter Center that monitors elections world wide believes in voter ID. I think it's bigotted of left wingers to treat poor voters in America as if they were stupid.

One Cherokee, One Vote … With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires
Who knew Cherokees+Elections could be trending hot regarding election integrity this year.

The Carter Center, perhaps the most prestigious of the international election monitoring groups, founded by former President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, with 91 election monitoring experiences in 36 countries, which provides independent expert inspections of the integrity of voter registration and voting protocols around the world, recommended in 1999 that Cherokee voters provide Photo Identification to enhance trust in “the elections process of the Cherokee Nation.”

One Cherokee, One Vote ? With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires

The libertarian movement has been hijacked by pot heads and dirty tricks democrats.

“There’s 180,000 people in Kentucky who can’t vote. And I don’t know the racial breakdown, but it’s probably more black than white because they’re convicted felons. And I’m for getting their right to vote back, which is a much bigger deal than showing your driver’s license,” Paul stated.

Typical conservatard racism. "Oh, them dern African-Americans are all a buncha crimnulls!" What nonsense.

You fucking idiot. He's been pushing for getting voting rights back for certain felons. And he's stating the obvious douche bag.

Demographically there are sadly more blacks in prison per capita.

Shit every time you idiots scream racism you diminish the real deal.

Here asshole. Read and learn. Oh and it's from the NAACP.

Racial Disparities in Incarceration

African Americans now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population

African Americans are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of whites

Together, African American and Hispanics comprised 58% of all prisoners in 2008, even though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately one quarter of the US population

According to Unlocking America, if African American and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates of whites, today's prison and jail populations would decline by approximately 50%

One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001. If current trends continue, one in three black males born today can expect to spend time in prison during his lifetime

1 in 100 African American women are in prison

Nationwide, African-Americans represent 26% of juvenile arrests, 44% of youth who are detained, 46% of the youth who are judicially waived to criminal court, and 58% of the youth admitted to state prisons (Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice).

Criminal Justice Fact Sheet | NAACP

I've said all along, Rand Paul is a great guy, seems like a solid conservative on a lot of issues, goes to bat for conservative principles at times even when it's not popular... BUT... He suffers from a genetic disorder known as Paulism. This causes him to completely go bat-shit crazy whenever he gets his big chance in politics. His father suffered from the affliction as well. Could have very easily coalesced mainstream conservatives and libertarians for a ticket that could not have been defeated in 2008, but stricken with this debilitation about the time of the primary debates, began repeating 6-year old liberal talking points about the war in Iraq and expressing a desire to legalize heroin and disband the military. It's a shame, he's otherwise a decent conservative, he just has this genetic defect that he can't do anything about.

Peter King turned rational on Russia, there are many possibilities for Republicans in the next two & a half years, I like Graham, but I think is tagged as a "RINO".

Graham---of the neocon Ukrainian coup fame ???-------wanted us to support Al Qaeda ?? no thanks

Cruz would have to turn American first
He's as American as Obama or McCain.

No question about Obama, Hawaii became a state in 1959, as for McCain, one can argue Congress cannot "add" miltary bases in foreign countries as places for "natural born" Americans, but that arugument has lost in courts. No question Cruz is ineligible.

Your ignorance is showing, have you never heard of a US Citizen Born Abroad? Many have duel citizenship at the time of birth but that does not make them ineligible to be president. There is a simple form to file with the Dept of State.

Like his daddy ron, rand is taking bribes from the illegal alien lobby. Both know that millions of illegals voted in 2012 and it will be worse in 2016. And all illegals want welfare and they vote for the welfare party.

[

My goodness, are poor people unable to get identification? How do they apply for all these benefits they get? Don't they have to prove who they are?

It's the illegals. They have a hard time proving ID and obozo wants them all voting.

I don't know how any Conservative can say with a straight face that they support a Rand Paul Presidential candidacy.

You once said that you would never vote for Romney because he was "Bush 2.0". Once he got the nomination you went as far as making campaign phone calls for him. If Paul gets the GOP nod you will bend over for him like you did Romney. :doubt:

Rand Paul;Disgusting jellyfish SLAMS voter ID law as "OFFENSIVE"
Looks like Rand Paul is catering to the left. Conservatives will start distancing themselves from him. Ted Cruz is one of the few potential candidates who will not compromise on his views, I cannot picture Cruz ever turning RINO.

I've said it before..I can support a Ted Cruz Candidacy.. He took a lot of shit for standing up and saying, "NO MORE DEFICIT SPENDING, EVEN IF THE GOVERNMENT shut down." He was right..

Ron & Rand Paul were against deficit spending way before the Republicans thought it was cool. Republicans were lock step starve the beast spenders causing massive inflation & job losses. All of the greatest economists who built our modern financial system & economy knew that peace, predictable taxes, markets, currency & prices created maximum employment & prosperity. Republicans are against all of this.

Forum List

Back