🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul on illegals "They are not going home"

I think most of the illegals will avoid a path to citizenship.
Here's why. To date, most illegals function here essentially as citizens. They have driver's licenses in many states. Some actually own real estate. They have jobs. They have kids in our public schools. Even of they are stopped by law enforcement, there is little chance their status will even be questioned. With that and a number of other things, where is the incentive to become a citizen? Or even a registered alien? With either status comes responsibility.
Plus, after a certain time, many of these people will return to their native lands where their savings has tremendous buying power.
I say set up a system where they are more or less "tricked" into becoming registered aliens.
Let them pay their share of taxes. Let them become legitimate. This way they can no longer get multiple fake ID's. Multiple fake SSN's. And no more "hiding in plain sight".

Paul is a moron. These stinking illegals will go home if we simply take away the incentives we give them to stay here. Stop giving them free k-12 and free health care and end birthright citizenship.

As soon as we take away your citizenship, I'd be happy to consider it.

And another thing - that 11 million illegals figure is a joke. It's pushing 40 mill. Obozo wants to give them citizenship and if that happens all 40 million will go on welfare and then america is bankrupt.

Where did you get the "40 million" figure?

Question for you...Why is it that every 4th person I see a Latino?
A few years ago I had a chat with a Lieutenant in our County Sheriff's Dept. He told me in our County's second largest town of about 30k people, there estimated about 12,000 Latinos. Most of whom are here illegally. The scary part of what he told me was "that is just the ones we know about"..
Estimates of illegals here in NC are about 500,000 illegals. That is the popular number.
Real estimates are more or less one million. This is why I stated earlier that every 4th person I see is a Latino.
The number of illegals is MUCH larger than the media and politicians tell us.

The great majority of illegals are home and not leaving.

Actually many do leave. Once they make their money, they head back to their nation of origin and live like kings.

Don't count on "many" being significant.

In our history, "birds of passage" came, made money, and went home.

The Irish are perhaps the most notable for that. The Mexicans normally stay here, and their children born here, almost always.

They are home, thereisnospoon.

Here's why. To date, most illegals function here essentially as citizens. They have driver's licenses in many states. Some actually own real estate. They have jobs. They have kids in our public schools. Even of they are stopped by law enforcement, there is little chance their status will even be questioned. With that and a number of other things, where is the incentive to become a citizen? Or even a registered alien? With either status comes responsibility.
Plus, after a certain time, many of these people will return to their native lands where their savings has tremendous buying power.
I say set up a system where they are more or less "tricked" into becoming registered aliens.
Let them pay their share of taxes. Let them become legitimate. This way they can no longer get multiple fake ID's. Multiple fake SSN's. And no more "hiding in plain sight".

That's nonsense. They want citizenship and they want it bad because that means access to the huge welfare system.

For a small minority, ShootSpeeders, I am sure. For the great majority works as hard or harder than you.

They are welcome here by true blue Americans.

The great majority of illegals are home and not leaving.

Actually many do leave. Once they make their money, they head back to their nation of origin and live like kings.

The Irish are perhaps the most notable for that. The Mexicans normally stay here, and their children born here, almost always.

Home? Sure. Wishful thinking on your part.
Anyway. Once again you are incorrect...
I have a friend who is a superintendent at a condo complex in South Carolina. There are over 200 condos, mostly renter occupied. Two years ago, more than 25% were occupied by people with Spanish surnames.
Today, it's about 10%..HALF of the Latinos have left.
That is not to say they went home. However with jobs becoming more scarce all the time, it would come as no surprise many of these people have decided to return to their home countries.
Your premise presupposes the notion that ALL Mexican immigrants, legal or illegal have children while residing in the US.
It is a shame the Illegals are making a mockery of the US Constitution by pumping out anchor babies.

That's nonsense. They want citizenship and they want it bad because that means access to the huge welfare system.
Of course this is your opinion.
I am relating to several stories written on this very subject.
http://udini.proquest.com/view/hiding-in-plain-sight-labor-and-pqid:1918479471/
Immigrants ?hiding in plain sight? | Latino Life | a mySA.com blog
Hidden in plain sight

What if we made these hard working and family devoted people into full American citizens? That way they could pay taxes and be subject to the same labor laws.

Also, suppose we took away their incentives to be here, what if Mexico and El Salvador denied them re-entry? Do we let them starve to death on the border between both countries?

They currently pay taxes, with little of the benefit.

I like Rand Paul. He makes a great deal of sense.

I can support this if he puts into his legislation that any illegals who are given this work visa cannot vote in any election until they achieve full citizenship.

I have a friend who is a superintendent at a condo complex in South Carolina. There are over 200 condos, mostly renter occupied. Two years ago, more than 25% were occupied by people with Spanish surnames.
That is not to say they went home. However with jobs becoming more scarce all the time, it would come as no surprise many of these people have decided to return to their home countries.
Your premise presupposes the notion that ALL Mexican immigrants, legal or illegal have children while residing in the US.
It is a shame the Illegals are making a mockery of the US Constitution by pumping out anchor babies.

You created a false problem in logic from my post.

11mm folks are not here on vaction, the great number are home.

I never said they ALL were having children.

More importantly: the immigration reform bill this summer will relieve the problem but probably exacerbate your unsupported fears.

What if we made these hard working and family devoted people into full American citizens? That way they could pay taxes and be subject to the same labor laws.

Also, suppose we took away their incentives to be here, what if Mexico and El Salvador denied them re-entry? Do we let them starve to death on the border between both countries?

They pay SOME of the taxes. They do not contribute income taxes. Most have fake SSN's, so they are not actually contributing to that system either. Nor do they pay medicare or FICA...
That latter due to being paid "under the table".
Illegals have, as Obama puts it in reference to the wealthy, "no skin in the game"...Of course to the left, only the wealthy are guilty.
It's hypocrisy.

You created a false problem in logic from my post.

11mm folks are not here on vaction, the great number are home.

I never said they ALL were having children.

More importantly: the immigration reform bill this summer will relieve the problem but probably exacerbate your unsupported fears.

Hyperbole. Dismissed.

They pay SOME of the taxes. They do not contribute income taxes. Most have fake SSN's, so they are not actually contributing to that system either. Nor do they pay medicare or FICA...
Illegals have, as Obama puts it in reference to the wealthy, "no skin in the game"...Of course to the left, only the wealthy are guilty.
It's hypocrisy.

If they are receiving wages that are not under the table, yes, they are paying income tax.

If they have fake IDs, they are contributing to the system because they pay taxes, including Medicare and FICA.

Whatever made you think they did not?

It's hypocrisy.

If they are receiving wages that are not under the table, yes, they are paying income tax.

If they have fake IDs, they are contributing to the system because they pay taxes, including Medicare and FICA.

Whatever made you think they did not?
Stop cheer leading for them.
Genius, if they have flase ID's and false SSN's, that means they are actually noy responsible for paying income taxes.
Do you really want to state these people are filing state and federal income tax returns? Do you really want to argue their "incredible and heroic contributions to the system and the nation in general"?....

Cheerleading because I am telling the truth. Income taxes, medicare, and SS taxes are collected from their paychecks if they are not paid underneath the table.

This is the truth. The state and the national government keep their taxes unless they file.

No one thinks your arguments are incredible and heroic but rather stupid and ignorant.

Forum List

Back