Rand Paul reminds us how awesomely crazy he is

Nice spin, but bullshit.

He believes business owners should have to right to serve whomever they want without government interference.

Bullshit. Business rights should not exceed public rights: you serve anybody except those who pose a danger.

I have a sign in my place of business that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason" and most businesses in Texas display similar signs.

Businesses are private that cater to the public. But being a private business we can serve whomever we want and refuse to serve whomever we want. Don't like it? Do business elsewhere.

The fact that you and Goober in your filling station somewhere in the Land of the Inbred might be able to get away with refusing to do business with the coloreds doesn't mean that it's legal,

because it isn't.

Bullshit. Business rights should not exceed public rights: you serve anybody except those who pose a danger.

I have a sign in my place of business that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason" and most businesses in Texas display similar signs.

Businesses are private that cater to the public. But being a private business we can serve whomever we want and refuse to serve whomever we want. Don't like it? Do business elsewhere.

Well no. It doesn't work that way.

Yes it does. And here are some of the reasons service can be refused:

◾People who are unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
◾People that may overfill capacity if let in
◾People who come in just before closing time or when the kitchen is closed
◾People accompanied by large groups of non-customers looking to sit in
◾People lacking adequate hygiene (e.g. excess dirt, extreme body odor, etc.)

The fact that you and Goober in your filling station somewhere in the Land of the Inbred might be able to get away with refusing to do business with the coloreds doesn't mean that it's legal,

because it isn't.

I co-own a gun store moron and no one but you has mentioned race. Why do you liberal pukes always bring up race?

With the exception item four, which is unclear, those things have nothing to do with what Senator Paul..or this thread was referring too.

The U.S. does it's best to limit the number of civilian casualties. But sometimes it can't be avoided.

I take it you're outraged about what Truman did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

No

B/c I know the history.

doing so saved millions of lives and prevented us from taking about the Japanese in the past tense forever.

Bullshit.

I suggest you read up on the history behind the decisions that lead to the nukings. But since you somehow made it to adulthood w/o knowing, I'll give you the gist

Japs suicide instead of surrender
They were training their women to fight with bayonets fixed, not on rifles, but on staves that looked like rifles.
We knew they planned to fight to the last man
military pros figured it would cost 1 million American lives to land and beat Japan like we did Germany.
The cost of getting there was very high.
The russians were coming and no one wanted to split Japan like Germany was going to be.

etc, etc

You left out people with dark skin. Why? You said 'whomever'. You claimed you have a legal right to refuse service to a black person,

because, and only because, they are black.

Now prove it.

because it isn't.

I co-own a gun store moron and no one but you has mentioned race. Why do you liberal pukes always bring up race?

I brought up race because RACE was the criterion in question when Rand Paul said that businesses should have the right to refuse service to people BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE if they wanted to.

With the exception item four, which is unclear, those things have nothing to do with what Senator Paul..or this thread was referring too.

You said it didn't work that way and I showed that it did.

You're welcome.

You left out people with dark skin. Why? You said 'whomever'. You claimed you have a legal right to refuse service to a black person,

Now prove it.

I never mentioned race. You're the one that brings race into it. As it stands now it is unlawful to discriminate based on race, gender, religion etc... I believe that needs to be changed. Let businesses discriminate then let the market decide if the businesses succeed or fail.

because it isn't.

I brought up race because RACE was the criterion in question when Rand Paul said that businesses should have the right to refuse service to people BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE if they wanted to.

And he's right.

Ah the nutty libertarian flip flops his flips flop. These guys are part of the reason the republicans don't know which way is up. The third party tea party has introduced a wave of the goofy into a party that goes way right on some issues and then goes way out there on others. After the comments of Cruz, Paul, and Graham this past week carnivals are now obsolete.

"The most fundamental problem with libertarianism is very simple: freedom, though a good thing, is simply not the only good thing in life. Simple physical security, which even a prisoner can possess, is not freedom, but one cannot live without it. Prosperity is connected to freedom, in that it makes us free to consume, but it is not the same thing, in that one can be rich but as unfree as a Victorian tycoon's wife. A family is in fact one of the least free things imaginable, as the emotional satisfactions of it derive from relations that we are either born into without choice or, once they are chosen, entail obligations that we cannot walk away from with ease or justice. But security, prosperity, and family are in fact the bulk of happiness for most real people and the principal issues that concern governments." Robert Locke The American Conservative -- Marxism of the Right

Now prove it.

I never mentioned race. You're the one that brings race into it. As it stands now it is unlawful to discriminate based on race, gender, religion etc... I believe that needs to be changed. Let businesses discriminate then let the market decide if the businesses succeed or fail.

You want racism to be made legal again. We get it. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

Now prove it.

Is racism illegal?

I don't think they're locking up KKK or NBPP members for their racism.

I think if a person chooses to be racist then he should have that right. If it costs them to lose business because of it then so be it.

because it isn't.

You have not been challenged is all. You are in violation of the law if you refuse service for any reason other than public safety or health.

Is racism illegal?

I don't think they're locking up KKK or NBPP members for their racism.

I think if a person chooses to be racist then he should have that right. If it costs them to lose business because of it then so be it.

Nope, Paulbots are relentlessly stupid is all. The law is the law.

Forum List

Back